thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
In quite a few movies and video games where one of the characters kills themselves, most of the time the person hangs themselves via full suspension, also often in their bedroom. I only really thought about this today, but what do they hang themselves from? It doesn't really make sense to me, as I tried to do it and couldn't find anything high up or stable enough. I am really confused about this.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
you are right they usually don't show the setups but mostly its ceiling hooks, ceiling fans, beam type structures....

thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
you are right they usually don't show the setups but mostly its ceiling hooks, ceiling fans, beam type structures....
That's the weird thing
The beams in the closets in all of the houses I've been in are either too low or can't support the weight of a person
ceiling fans definitely can't, at least where I live
although I'm not sure about ceiling hooks
there aren't any in my house currently but idk how to install one
it's so weird how they always have such convenient circumstances

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
That's the weird thing
The beams in the closets in all of the houses I've been in are either too low or can't support the weight of a person
ceiling fans definitely can't, at least where I live
although I'm not sure about ceiling hooks
there aren't any in my house currently but idk how to install one
it's so weird how they always have such convenient circumstances
Finding an anchor point for full suspension is a bit tricky. Every place will have different structures in height or in strength. A lot of people like myself avoid full suspension for not having a proper anchor point. Outdoor structures and forest areas are common, door Knobs can also work if you tie one end on the Knob and throw the rope over the top of the door to the other side and lock the door.

PROJECT: Extase

PROJECT: Extase

Starlit
Jan 11, 2024
I think that the best thing to do is just to go with the partial hanging in your case