• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

FfZebra

Oct 18, 2022
Is a full hanging 100% fatal?

Reactions: arkdy
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If setup correctly snd not rescued, yes.

Reactions: thecolourgold and actual_fox
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Fatal but not peaceful, that's the tradeoff- it is a very scary method. You need to be 100% certain you will not be interrupted. I recently saw a video on youtube of a person pulled down after ten minutes and he is a vegetable for life, he can't do anything on his own.

• Wow
Reactions: thecolourgold, nosoul and Ashu
Hell-On-Earth

Hell-On-Earth

Born to suffer
Apr 22, 2022
I was going to hang myself but I'm having second thoughts now, especially after reading this. I'm already suffering enough as it is, imagine being completely paralysed for the rest of your life and being unable to make another attempt.

• Aww..
Reactions: bdtbath, nameeater, Endex and 2 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
No method is perfect. Not every method is a good fit for every person. All need proper setup to be successful. Research your options and determine what can work for YOU.

Reactions: Someone123, rejected and Ashu
F

FfZebra

Oct 18, 2022
I'm a little afraid of hanging myself, for the pain, but I'm very afraid of failing and ending up like this guy. He was lucky to die after 2 years. I read a story where a man spent 8 years on his hospital bed before he was left to starve.

• Aww..
Reactions: leeloosnow, arkdy, GrumpyFrog and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This is where planning is crucial. A good setup and a private place with plenty of alone time.

Reactions: arkdy, Someone123, Endex and 1 other person
NeverEndingPain

NeverEndingPain

So tired of struggling
May 8, 2022
Fatal but not peaceful, that's the tradeoff- it is a very scary method. You need to be 100% certain you will not be interrupted. I recently saw a video on youtube of a person pulled down after ten minutes and he is a vegetable for life, he can't do anything on his own.
These types of posts put more fear into members who may only have this method to use. I feel we should be giving helpful comments and not ones to scare others. I know there are risks of failure but there are also many successful attempts. This is just my opinion. Anyone else agree with me on this? 😞
Also I can't see YouTube having a video like that. If they do maybe post the link. If it is real then the person was found too early and didn't plan properly.

Reactions: Nullm, rainydayvibes, Mr_House and 2 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
These types of posts put more fear into members who may only have this method to use. I feel we should be giving helpful comments and not ones to scare others. I know there are risks of failure but there are also many successful attempts. This is just my opinion. Anyone else agree with me on this? 😞
People need to be able to make an informed decision about the risks of various methods- many people here have posted the plusses and minuses of various methods, this is an important topic of conversation here- I'm not going to just say every method is perfect. This helps peopel to make decisions based on their situation for what method is best for them. For examplwe, if you have a house to yourself, full suspension can be a good method. If you live in a house where people are coming and going all the time, it is a very, very risky method for ending up as a vegetable. Many thousands of posts here by hundreds of members discusss the plusses and minusses of methods- that will never change.

Reactions: cyanlove, arkdy and Ashley_1988
NeverEndingPain

NeverEndingPain

So tired of struggling
May 8, 2022
People need to be able to make an informed decision about the risks of various methods- many people here have posted the plusses and minuses of various methods, this is an important topic of conversation here- I'm not going to just say every method is perfect. This helps peopel to make decisions based on their situation for what method is best for them. For examplwe, if you have a house to yourself, full suspension can be a good method. If you live in a house where people are coming and going all the time, it is a very, very risky method for ending up as a vegetable. Many thousands of posts here by hundreds of members discusss the plusses and minusses of methods- that will never change.
Fair enough. I'm just feeling defeated. Hanging is my only way out and I just wish to read more positive things so I can at least feel some peace 😭
I just wish there was an educational post that says here is what to do and here is what not to do. Something straightforward.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Taraxias, leeloosnow, Kurushii and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Hanging does scare me a lot because of the fear of failure. I do find the thought of being dead to be comforting but the risk of an attempt failing does hold me back from attempting. But of course it's always possible to succeed with it. It's probably the most common suicide method used in the world and so many have went through with it, even before people could research suicide on the internet. Maybe many of those who succeeded with it just got so desperate and didn't overthink it, I mean we cannot ever really know what went through their minds.

But just the fact that people have failed with this method increases my dislike for this pro suffering world that is so focused on forcing people to live. We do all deserve peaceful and reliable methods but unfortunately that is not always the reality.

• Love
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, arkdy, veniceofdetroit and 1 other person
F

FfZebra

Oct 18, 2022
I tried to hang myself for two nights without success. the rope is still on the beam...

my family was sleeping

I passed the rope around my neck several times but without success. it was very tight but I couldn't hang myself.

I even drank...

how to be sure to leave quickly without too much noise, without possibility of help?

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Fatal but not peaceful
I would not agree, I don't know about full suspension tho. It must be hella fast method. But please mind that I never tried full but only partial.

W

Willto

Student
Oct 26, 2022
Where is the rope to be placed, below or over the Adams apple?

RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
I was going to hang myself but I'm having second thoughts now, especially after reading this. I'm already suffering enough as it is, imagine being completely paralysed for the rest of your life and being unable to make another attempt.
I think you won't notice much of it yourself if you're brain dead...
Nice and good methods don't exist
I tried to hang myself for two nights without success. the rope is still on the beam...

my family was sleeping

I passed the rope around my neck several times but without success. it was very tight but I couldn't hang myself.

I even drank...

how to be sure to leave quickly without too much noise, without possibility of help?
why not, if you kick the chair it's over imo..
Hanging without kicking a chair or step doesn't make sense and is worthless imo

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Well. Whit testing and being actually alone it's fool proof, that's why you don't play whit your luck. So don't send goodbye messages to everyone and their mom.

justwanasleep

justwanasleep

Student
Nov 8, 2022
I want to book a hotel to hang myself fully in but I don't want to prepare and get there and then there's nothing that will hold my weight or I can't reach to tie my rope to something because I'm such a short arse.
It's so hard to do a perfect suicide.
In my head I'm going to get to the hotel and sort everything in the room. Then when it's all ready get quite pissed because I get mega impulsive when I'm drunk so I'll deffo just think fuck it and fully go for it. I'm going to do it just before Valentine's Day there's no family birthdays or anything in February so it's perfect timing. I also need to learn how to do a proper knot I'm shit at things like that.
Sorry I'm just venting before my account get deleted tomorrow, I will miss this site.

Hell-On-Earth

Hell-On-Earth

Born to suffer
Apr 22, 2022
I think you won't notice much of it yourself if you're brain dead...
The guy in the article I linked was fully conscious but paralysed. He was able to communicate using his eyes. When they asked him if he still wanted to die he said yes.

RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
The guy in the article I linked was fully conscious but paralysed. He was able to communicate using his eyes. When they asked him if he still wanted to die he said yes.
that's very cruel :/

Reactions: meatclown, rainydayvibes, Suicidе and 1 other person
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
As long as you either live by yourself or can lock the door of your house/apartment from the inside, so nobody can come in and make sure you close all curtains, so nobody can see you I assume full hanging to be a very safe method. If something doesn't work (i.e. the rope not being strong enough or the anchor being too weak to support your weight) it's very likely that you will fall down almost immediately. If that doesn't happen, it seems unlikely that it will happen after several minutes. So at worst you will end up landing on your ass I guess and being annoyed that it didn't work, but in this case you just need to try again with a more stable anchor or stronger rope.
The safety of the method and ease of organising the necessary equipment is why it might very well be the method I will use, if I ever decide it's time to ctb despite the fact that there are more peaceful methods to ctb.

Reactions: DrGreenberg and arkdy
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Remember to test if the rope and anchor can hold whit your hand, instead of your neck...

Reactions: arkdy and justwanasleep
Shoko

Shoko

Dec 4, 2022
Well, the mind is the problem, so if the mind is gone so is the pain and the only thing that goes on is the body. I would be fine with this as long as I can free myself from my mind. Besides I have an advanced directive should I end up being a vegetable.

Last edited:
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
On the safe side, you need to be found and rescued in the first four minutes. After that the damage increases in severity. That is another reason why planning is so important.

Reactions: jusbug
D

don't want it

Dec 14, 2022
Also I can't see YouTube having a video like that. If they do maybe post the link. If it is real then the person was found too early and didn't plan properly.
If you will be paralysed you can hunger yourself to death without water and food maybe 5-7 days you will die
If you want to die you will die

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
All methods have failure as a possibility. If we focus less on the horror stories and spend more time an planning and research, informed decisions can be made. Everyone here has enough stress, more is not needed.