• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
throughout high-school i never knew what i wanted as a career until around my last year, where i decided on a set uni for dentistry.
turns out the requirements to get in are subjects in which i haven't taken and have no knowledge of… so basically i wont be able to go to uni because of my indecisiveness and inability to pick the right subjects.

for me academic validation is everything, i wanted to make my parents happy by pursuing dentistry, and now having to tell them i cant get into uni??
it honestly sounds easier to ctb than to tell them… their disappointment is always so fucking overwhelming

i always had the thought of ctb in the back of my head, but once im certain that im not going to uni, id js come back here on advice to ctb bcz im rlly done with this shit atp

will prolly hear back frm me soon, mwah

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: byebyemadworld, bluebus, Sannti and 1 other person
anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
If you mean AP science classes in high school, you can take those same classes at community college for credit. But sorry, I don't know much about medical school. I thought bachelors you don't learn yet about dentistry

bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
If you mean AP science classes in high school, you can take those same classes at community college for credit. But sorry, I don't know much about medical school. I thought bachelors you don't learn yet about dentistr
yeah i was thinking about taking another year in college to get the courses i needed. although, that would just be a extra year of my life gone, extra tuition, and parents would still be pissed on why i didnt get in the first time. just wish i had more time during highschool

anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
yeah i was thinking about taking another year in college to get the courses i needed. although, that would just be a extra year of my life gone, extra tuition, and parents would still be pissed on why i didnt get in the first time. just wish i had more time during highschool
Community college classes are a lot cheaper than uni. Dentistry is 8 years of school - 4 years undergrad and 4 years dental school. If it's anyways a big commitment, 1 more year shouldn't feel like too much. I know u want ur parents to be proud of u but if u end up not liking dentistry, then it's another path of misery.

_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Useless bastard almost making the decision to CTB.
Jul 24, 2023
throughout high-school i never knew what i wanted as a career until around my last year, where i decided on a set uni for dentistry.
turns out the requirements to get in are subjects in which i haven't taken and have no knowledge of… so basically i wont be able to go to uni because of my indecisiveness and inability to pick the right subjects.

for me academic validation is everything, i wanted to make my parents happy by pursuing dentistry, and now having to tell them i cant get into uni??
it honestly sounds easier to ctb than to tell them… their disappointment is always so fucking overwhelming

i always had the thought of ctb in the back of my head, but once im certain that im not going to uni, id js come back here on advice to ctb bcz im rlly done with this shit atp

I am in the same situation. I'm also failing, your not alone. I'm failing an A level, My exams are in October, oh and what month is it? Oh it's August ALREADY?, wow time has gone so fast! I have been procrastinating for so long! I have been procrastinating since that day I got back from my vacation in september last year, and I have been suffering from clinical depression since March this year. I am 0% ready for my exams, and I don't even want to do them. Fuck them. I dread the day my parents find out I haven't been studying all this time. What am I going to do? Oh, I have 2 options. Either run away and abandon this family forever (They haven't been good to me at all,) or I will plan to CTB before October. Better than my parents killing me his own way, or at least making me insane with their words. I'm tired of being gaslighted. I can't wait to abandon this stupid family.

ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020

TLDR: I was in the same situation a few years ago too! I changed the course I applied to and go to an ok Uni. Be kinder to yourself! This indecisiveness is very much fine, it's not an inherent fault. Choosing a career from a young age will do that to you! I'm still indecisive.

It's going to be hard to tell your parents, there is a high chance they will not be understanding or kind to you. I cried and fought a lot with my mum when I had to tell her I couldn't do dentistry anymore, but I still had control over what course and uni I choose and you do too.

In fact, you don't have to do dentistry, it sounds more like a wrong set of subjects than bad grades? There's lots of other academically validating and profitable career paths outside medicine. Career wise I've started to think that a job isn't something you have to be super passionate about just something you're willing to do for a long time.

Also if possible you can suggest a gap year. Try to get a job and earn money on the side and study for the subjects you need for dentistry if that's what you really want and get your certification for them!

Trust me this type of shit hurts but it doesn't have to be the end. Good luck!

---

Not sure if it's comforting to read someone else who went through and made the same mistake as you but I also wanted to become a dentist and poured so much of my being into it. 2 years before Uni applications I choose my A Levels to allign for Dentistry (or so I thought lol).

Spent the first year of Sixth form doing Volunteering, trying to get and attend work experience opportunities (online and in person), Weekly MedSocs (had to prepare 1 hour sessions with 2 other people for two whole term), applying and attending Uni Dentistry prep courses, and all through the summer I practiced for my UCAT (its like a pre medschool aptitude test in the UK). Overall, I spent almost 250 hours (just my dentistry prep not any other academic studies) trying to make myself perfect for Dentistry.

I know that sounds kinda excessive but I put my heart into it. I studied so hard. The day of my UCAT I wake up 6am and start studying right after. I do practice paper until it's time for me to go. My mum takes me there. I do the test. It's so hard despite studying for it for 2 months and all the hours. I get my results. They're just ok.

Like you I didn't choose a subject that's a requirement for most dentistry school. The only universities that I could apply for were super selective (if medschool wasn't already). The ride back with my mum was very quiet. I cried when I got in my bed. That was all I could do for a week.

Come 3 months we have to apply for unis. I'm not sure of my path anymore. I write my personal statement but I can't put into words why I want to do dentistry. What I wrote was a checklist of things and activities, there was no real motivation or passion. I just want money and to make my parents proud. They're the same things anyway.

I have to tell my parents I don't want to be a dentist anymore. They tell me I'm throwing away my future, that I did all this things and spent so much time and effort, that I'm always changing my mind and I can't stick to things and I should rethink. They know I didn't do well on my UCAT.

1 week before I send my uni application I change my personal statement. I change my course. I go to an ok uni. Still pursuing academic validation.

Sorry I got carried away talking about myself! This situation just reminded me a lot of the past.

bussy

bussy

“my sin, my soul”
Mar 30, 2023
TLDR: I was in the same situation a few years ago too! I changed the course I applied to and go to an ok Uni. Be kinder to yourself! This indecisiveness is very much fine, it's not an inherent fault. Choosing a career from a young age will do that to you! I'm still indecisive.

It's going to be hard to tell your parents, there is a high chance they will not be understanding or kind to you. I cried and fought a lot with my mum when I had to tell her I couldn't do dentistry anymore, but I still had control over what course and uni I choose and you do too.

In fact, you don't have to do dentistry, it sounds more like a wrong set of subjects than bad grades? There's lots of other academically validating and profitable career paths outside medicine. Career wise I've started to think that a job isn't something you have to be super passionate about just something you're willing to do for a long time.

Also if possible you can suggest a gap year. Try to get a job and earn money on the side and study for the subjects you need for dentistry if that's what you really want and get your certification for them!

Trust me this type of shit hurts but it doesn't have to be the end. Good luck!

---

Not sure if it's comforting to read someone else who went through and made the same mistake as you but I also wanted to become a dentist and poured so much of my being into it. 2 years before Uni applications I choose my A Levels to allign for Dentistry (or so I thought lol).

Spent the first year of Sixth form doing Volunteering, trying to get and attend work experience opportunities (online and in person), Weekly MedSocs (had to prepare 1 hour sessions with 2 other people for two whole term), applying and attending Uni Dentistry prep courses, and all through the summer I practiced for my UCAT (its like a pre medschool aptitude test in the UK). Overall, I spent almost 250 hours (just my dentistry prep not any other academic studies) trying to make myself perfect for Dentistry.

I know that sounds kinda excessive but I put my heart into it. I studied so hard. The day of my UCAT I wake up 6am and start studying right after. I do practice paper until it's time for me to go. My mum takes me there. I do the test. It's so hard despite studying for it for 2 months and all the hours. I get my results. They're just ok.

Like you I didn't choose a subject that's a requirement for most dentistry school. The only universities that I could apply for were super selective (if medschool wasn't already). The ride back with my mum was very quiet. I cried when I got in my bed. That was all I could do for a week.

Come 3 months we have to apply for unis. I'm not sure of my path anymore. I write my personal statement but I can't put into words why I want to do dentistry. What I wrote was a checklist of things and activities, there was no real motivation or passion. I just want money and to make my parents proud. They're the same things anyway.

I have to tell my parents I don't want to be a dentist anymore. They tell me I'm throwing away my future, that I did all this things and spent so much time and effort, that I'm always changing my mind and I can't stick to things and I should rethink. They know I didn't do well on my UCAT.

1 week before I send my uni application I change my personal statement. I change my course. I go to an ok uni. Still pursuing academic validation.

Sorry I got carried away talking about myself! This situation just reminded me a lot of the past.
Yeah, your past situation really aligns with what im currently going through. Only reason dentistry was an option for me was also because of the status, money and mainly because it was something my parents wanted me to do.
Academic validation is the only thing i crave as its the only thing that my parents recognise from me.

In the end after speaking to a career advisor from my school, i got the confirmation that i wont be able to get into the uni. (didnt do a science last year, which is a requirement of the uni)
Although even after explaining this to my parents, they still dont understand why i cant just go to college for a year and get the subjects.
Honestly every conversation with them is frustrating, with them constantly victim blaming themselves and belittling me. Im js so done with them and give up at this point.

Kinda went on a small rant but really glad you shared your experiences. Reassuring to know that im not alone on this.
I am in the same situation. I'm also failing, your not alone. I'm failing an A level, My exams are in October, oh and what month is it? Oh it's August ALREADY?, wow time has gone so fast! I have been procrastinating for so long! I have been procrastinating since that day I got back from my vacation in september last year, and I have been suffering from clinical depression since March this year. I am 0% ready for my exams, and I don't even want to do them. Fuck them. I dread the day my parents find out I haven't been studying all this time. What am I going to do? Oh, I have 2 options. Either run away and abandon this family forever (They haven't been good to me at all,) or I will plan to CTB before October. Better than my parents killing me his own way, or at least making me insane with their words. I'm tired of being gaslighted. I can't wait to abandon this stupid family.
Honestly it really sucks, school sucks, family isnt helping. Everything is going to shit.

Although if you can pull yourself together for the entire month of September starting from now to October and study like fucking crazy, nothing but studying and try to get the grades you need.

If i still had the opportunity as you, id take it. Until the exam results or however you feel you did after the exam, you can choose where to go from there.

Running away from home is also a dream of mine, although realistically speaking, CTB is a much easier route to escape.

Otto Mann

Otto Mann

Professional bus driver
Aug 19, 2023
Failure serves as a valuable instructor.
The initial occurrence is termed bad luck, while the repetition is labeled as foolishness.
Initiate actions.

Reactions: bussy
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
Yeah, your past situation really aligns with what im currently going through. Only reason dentistry was an option for me was also because of the status, money and mainly because it was something my parents wanted me to do.
Academic validation is the only thing i crave as its the only thing that my parents recognise from me.

In the end after speaking to a career advisor from my school, i got the confirmation that i wont be able to get into the uni. (didnt do a science last year, which is a requirement of the uni)
Although even after explaining this to my parents, they still dont understand why i cant just go to college for a year and get the subjects.
Honestly every conversation with them is frustrating, with them constantly victim blaming themselves and belittling me. Im js so done with them and give up at this point.

Kinda went on a small rant but really glad you shared your experiences. Reassuring to know that im not alone on this.

Honestly it really sucks, school sucks, family isnt helping. Everything is going to shit.

Although if you can pull yourself together for the entire month of September starting from now to October and study like fucking crazy, nothing but studying and try to get the grades you need.

If i still had the opportunity as you, id take it. Until the exam results or however you feel you did after the exam, you can choose where to go from there.

Running away from home is also a dream of mine, although realistically speaking, CTB is a much easier route to escape.
I hope things are going well for you, or at least managing.

Reactions: bussy