ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
All it does is cause me misery. I come into this place knowing I'll be made to feel like shit and reminded how incompetent I am, then the rest of my day is fucked. Today I had been working on a project just fine, but because of my overachieving coworker my boss came over and compared me to them AGAIN!! Making me want to kill myself on the spot and have horrible anxiety for the rest of the day. I sit here now watching the hours go by, knowing soon that I'll curl into bed and wake up tomorrow to repeat the same mental flogging again. It's truly just a competition and I don't want to play, but I'm always afraid they'll cast me aside because I'm a brain dead failure and situations like this certainly don't help. Fuck this competitive world we've built

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Unknown21, Cherry Crumpet, finalexit and 14 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Why I quit my job Monday. Just walked out. They keep making it harder and harder to do my job properly and then complain when it isn't done at the same speed and in the same way. It's basically like I am a number and not a human being. Kinda regret my impulsive decision though because I still need money even though I don't have long to go. Sigh. Like you said, fuck this overly competitive and childish world. It was definitely not made for me at all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: finalexit, demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 10 others
B

Beeper

Experienced
Sep 28, 2021
The stress from my last job drove me into a manic episode. I essentially quit going to work and ended up in the hospital.

After the hospitalization I was still manic. I proceeded to destroy my life with guns blazing in a fury of manic psychosis.

Companies work their employees to the point of being sick and then just hire replacements.

There is no compassion at some of these places. No job is worth sacrificing your health.

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit, demuic, blueclover_. and 3 others
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Why I quit my job Monday. Just walked out. They keep making it harder and harder to do my job properly and then complain when it isn't done at the same speed and in the same way. It's basically like I am a number and not a human being. Kinda regret my impulsive decision though because I still need money even though I don't have long to go. Sigh. Like you said, fuck this overly competitive and childish world. It was definitely not made for me at all.
Yup. It's truly fucking torture. Worst of all it makes me completely miserable to be around so I have to isolate, which in turn ruins relationships with friends. As you said nobody wants to be around doom and gloom, and since I'm forced to sell my soul 5 days a week I have no energy left to enjoy what small comforts I have left to me. It's ironic wanting to die, and instead of doing things that make seldom happy, I'm instead adding to fuel to the flames of my misery. When I had a week off I was a completely different person and it's no surprise as I wasn't being enslaved

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit, demuic, Beeper and 5 others
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I'm not even working, i'm in college and i know exactly how you feel. I had a bright mind before depression, and somehow made it to a reputable and academically competitive school. Now i'm stressed out because everyone works so much and achieves so much more than me. I just can't escape the realization that this life is just meaningless suffering, so i don't even have a reason to try. Which makes me suffer more. There is no rock bottom. Things will only get worse unless i put an end to it with my own hands.

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit, demuic, Beeper and 1 other person
alwaysdopesick

alwaysdopesick

Oct 19, 2021
tbh I hate having jobs (at least the ones I can get) an d it really makes you realize how pointless life is

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit and demuic
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I'm in the same position. Currently I'm trying to hoard my wages so that I can quit and then have time to get my affairs in order before CTB. After years of burning myself out, I suppose I could have a 1 or 2 month "retirement" before funds run out. What a great deal.

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit, demuic and blueclover_.
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
With every working week I find life less worth living. Im meant to bust my guts day after day, year after year for minimum wage while being expected to perform to a ridiculous high standard? Just makes an already pointless existence even more meaningless.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: finalexit, demuic, Beeper and 1 other person
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Wow, Shawn Shatto said this same thing in like 2019 or so. Just goes to show that nothing really changes or improves in this shithole society.

• Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoescape, finalexit, demuic and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Working is just being a slave to the society. Jobs can be very stressful and can send people into despair. It is horrible how we were forced into this life without choice and we have all these expectations placed on us. In a world as awful as this, to me wanting to exit makes perfect sense. When you are dead you cannot suffer.

Reactions: finalexit, Snake of Eden, blueclover_. and 1 other person
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
A literal monkey can do my job but my brain still manages to find ways to fuck it up somehow. And it doesn't help how your boss would grill you for it.

It's also worse cos you can't do anything about it. I feel pathetic to cling on this dead end job but I know no one else would hire my ass.

It would be better if our pay's higher but i don't think anyone should put up with shitty office environments. I hate how you have to grin and bear everything if you don't wanna go homeless..

• Hugs
Reactions: finalexit
finalexit

finalexit

Jan 24, 2021
Existing and being conscious is already enough agony in its own. Work anxiety/financial hopelessness have always been a main reason for wanting to die. Crazy that this is how most of our waking hours are spent. I spend my "free time" not fully recovering and dreading the next word day