Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021
I have PCOS and my cycle was gone for over a year. I got so used to not having a period. I ignored it for so long. I don't really care about my health enough to stay on top of these things. Eventually I went to see my doc for another reason and she was alarmed when I told her about my lack of a period. She gave me something to kickstart it because it's "concerning" to not have a cycle for so long. She said it's a MUST to have a cycle and shed that uterine lining. Well that shit worked. Now I'm back to having my monthly period and I DID NOT MISS THAT SHIT TBH. I hate it. I get even more depressed and moody, which says a lot because I am already very depressed and moody by default. I ache everywhere. Bloating. Cramping. Garbage. That's what I feel like. Garbage. And for what??? I didn't ask for this uterus in the first goddamn place. I'm sick of my body disrespecting me like this. Cancel periods. Delete periods.

Feel free to share any period complaints if you have any.

edit- a period ✨mood board✨

7E097705 BAFC 472E 8766 97092D88FD24
2F4CCDFB 8E35 4DDD B460 07F3C7D7DEA9
5CAFE38A 75A5 4A67 A82B 6689E3AF4895
98E7658D D2D8 441A A2F4 632ADB88BA0C
43CD040B 164B 4BF1 8257 431C198D9E99
82FA9874 E908 4BAA 9A55 2EA48F979905
D5AB03AC CDF2 43FF 8312 DD424937746F
1ADC818A CDB4 47CC 9ACC 98648C1F4839
F5CDE46B F0C2 4DA4 A3E6 37FBE760DEFF

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, BeautifulMosaics, Élégie and 21 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
this sentence does not contain a period in solidarity with your post

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, stilldreaming, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 10 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'm sorry. Periods are bad enough for me, and I don't have PCOS. Is there anything else they can do for you? I had a friend who had it, but she was kind of tight-lipped about how it works and what medical treatment she could/couldn't have.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and Deadlyroses
Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021
I'm sorry. Periods are bad enough for me, and I don't have PCOS. Is there anything else they can do for you? I had a friend who had it, but she was kind of tight-lipped about how it works and what medical treatment she could/couldn't have.
I take spiro and it completely eliminated my acne, but that's it. They want me to take a birth control pill called norlyda. But I'm weary of the horror stories and side effects that may with hormonal BC. I've read about them and seen it first hand from some women I know. The boxes have been sitting untouched in my medicine cabinet. I'm really not doing myself any favors here. I probably should just try it, but my brain thinks about all that could go wrong and my anxiety says "no ma'am"
D2256EE5 74B9 45EA 8A49 7C669B3604D9

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, Meditation guide and Dead Meat
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I take spiro and it completely eliminated my acne, but that's it. They want me to take a birth control pill called norlyda. But I'm weary of the horror stories and side effects that may with hormonal BC. I've read about them and seen it first hand from some women I know. The boxes have been sitting untouched in my medicine cabinet. I'm really not doing myself any favors here. I probably should just try it, but my brain thinks about all that could go wrong and my anxiety says "no ma'am"
View attachment 73898
I am aware of the blood clotting issues and the weight gain. Which side effects bother you the most when you read about them? I have never taken a BCP and don't plan to. Not really much gain in my case since I'm celibate, but I wish American docs were better at copper IUDs so that it were a viable option for me if they day ever arrives that I need something.

• Hugs
Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021
I am aware of the blood clotting issues and the weight gain. Which side effects bother you the most when you read about them? I have never taken a BCP and don't plan to. Not really much gain in my case since I'm celibate, but I wish American docs were better at copper IUDs so that it were a viable option for me if they day ever arrives that I need something.
Weight gain, breakouts, additional mood swings to name a few. The weight thing really scares me because I have some body dysmorphia and I've come very close to developing an eating disorder in the past. I still freak out if I weigh over a certain amount. It's stupid and childish on my part, but it's the truth :'(

You're right about American docs. I don't hear as much about IUDs. The copper IUD would be my first choice if I had to go on contraception. I like that it's non hormonal.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, Meditation guide and Celerity
A

auror.

Jun 7, 2021
Sorry to hear that your uterus has woken from its coma. A year without periods sounds like pure bliss.

My periods aren't as bad as they used to be. I'm pretty sure I had PMDD a while ago. I used to always have a strong compulsion to slit my wrists or just ctb the few days before my period. Being suicidal is normal for me, but feeling very little SI is not. And I self harm but I'm usually against doing anything that leaves scars. So my period used to be hell for me.

Changing my diet seems to have done away with most of my PMDD (I was deficient in a few things), so that might help you too?

• Love
Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021
Sorry to hear that your uterus has woken from its coma. A year without periods sounds like pure bliss.

My periods aren't as bad as they used to be. I'm pretty sure I had PMDD a while ago. I used to always have a strong compulsion to slit my wrists or just ctb the few days before my period. Being suicidal is normal for me, but feeling very little SI is not. And I self harm but I'm usually against doing anything that leaves scars. So my period used to be hell for me.

Changing my diet seems to have done away with most of my PMDD (I was deficient in a few things), so that might help you too?
Oh god. That sounds awful. I can kind of relate. I get so self destructive leading up to my cycle. I will have full on meltdowns with head banging and inconsolable crying.

May I ask how you've changed your diet?

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_
Nemy

Nemy

Just trying to exist
Jul 31, 2020
Oof my sister has PCOS too and she had severe pain at one point. They thought it was a cyst torsion. Hopefully it wasn't. Personally I bled none stop for a month and became anemic. I had to go on birth control pills to regulate my hormones and take vitamins/iron pills.

Yeah...fuck periods

• Hugs
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life, humans and biology are really misogynistic. A woman is born and suffer from periods and all of life problems, and all of that is to force pregnancy and reproduction.
Why should women suffer from periods, pregnancy, reproduction and all of that and why everyone acts like its ok?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Élégie, BitterlyAlive_ and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
it's excruciating for me and I'm hunting for a doctor that will remove my hated uterus.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, BitterlyAlive_, Deadlyroses and 1 other person
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Painful periods make amenorrhoea a godsend. Back in 2019 I was hospitalised for a severe lupus flare-up. No periods for two straight months following discharge. That combined with a prednisone 'high', felt like Heaven on Earth. But of course, all good things must come to an end.

Ah, the joys of womanhood!
D9a2eb26cb1b9ce0e51027d34157125c  period truths period quotes 4f3e14a6f63e73f3b8b20c116a82d304

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Heartaches, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
A

auror.

Jun 7, 2021
Oh god. That sounds awful. I can kind of relate. I get so self destructive leading up to my cycle. I will have full on meltdowns with head banging and inconsolable crying.

May I ask how you've changed your diet?
I used to skip breakfast (and sometimes lunch), ate no veggies or fruit, or any meat. For a while after I took a multivitamin which helped. But now I just make sure to eat enough, have lots of fruit, veg, wholegrains, fish. And I limit artificial sugars and junk food in general.

People act like a healthy diet is the panacea for anxiety and depression— it's not. If it were, I wouldn't want to ctb. But it has helped me with PMDD symptoms.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, BitterlyAlive_ and Deadlyroses
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I also have PCOS and I'm on birth control. I refuse to get off it because I love not dealing with all that stuff.
The one thing that stood out to me in your post is when you said your doctor insisted that you need to shed the lining. I was under the impression that it was a myth that you have to shed every month. That it was fine to skip as much as you want. I wonder what the doctor knows that I'm not privy to.
Feel better soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: anaschariac, BitterlyAlive_, Deadlyroses and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I also have PCOS and I'm on birth control. I refuse to get off it because I love not dealing with all that stuff.
The one thing that stood out to me in your post is when you said your doctor insisted that you need to shed the lining. I was under the impression that it was a myth that you have to shed every month. That it was fine to skip as much as you want. I wonder what the doctor knows that I'm not privy to.
Feel better soon.
It's true that when you're on birth control you don't have to have your monthly bleeding since it's not the "real deal" anyways - after I figured that out & was still on the pill - I didn't bleed for years because I just had one every single day. Heavenly.

I simply stopped taking the pill as I wanted to recover from anorexia and regain my natural circle (which stopped due to extrem weight loss at 16).

If a woman is a healthy weight and suffering from PCOS/too many period related problems - giving the pill a try is worth it (didn't even gain weight or have any negative side effects on it).

Also: Thanks for the funny pictures/memes @Deadlyroses - I loled at "Chaos/Violence" & "Satan" - so true :D :D

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity, BitterlyAlive_, Deadlyroses and 1 other person
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
The pro to being anorexic: no periods lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Deadlyroses and BitterlyAlive_
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I rarely get my period; it's just always been like that, right from the get-go when I was about 12. It could very well be a combination of factors – lasting physical trauma to reproductive organs from being repeatedly raped as a kid, eating disorder that I've had since I was 13, potential PCOS – but I really have no idea. I've brought it up with doctors before and gotten scans and tests done and the like, and from what I can remember, I've not gotten any clear answer.

The only time my period has ever been regular was the few months I was on birth control. Since I was thirteen I'd estimate that I've gotten it roughly 15 times, including when I was on birth control. Sometimes I get the garbage symptoms of an "impending period", but then nothing actually happens – no "evidence", so to speak. On the extremely rare occasion I do get my period, it looks (and feels) like a fucking murder scene, so thank god that it practically never happens. I don't even think I'm fertile... which, for the sake of both me AND the potential kid, is a good thing, but of course, I still would never gamble with that.

But yeah, fuck periods. I feel so bad for people who get it every single month, and those who get it really bad. Periods can be so ridiculously painful. :'( :hug:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Deadlyroses