Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
You know what really grinds my gears?

Shitty family guy jokes aside, looking at the course global politics are taking I see a new big war coming within the next two decades. Now, that every country with a modicum of common sense should be saddling up for a wild ride, the genious politicians here in Austria think that we need to defund the armed forces even more.

Our military is so underfunded that it is pathetic. We have fighterjets but can't have air to air mussiles. Most of our equipnent is fairly modern, but that is just because everything old gets instantly thrown out because we can't afford the upkeep. Normally we rely on the other European powers to protect us, but their militaries are also in a pityable state. The only thing we have going for us is that we have good soldiers, but those are also few. All of the western anti-war propaganda since the 60s has turned off 99% of people from wanting to go into the army. While it was viewed as an honor to be strived for in the past, now it is a chore to be avoided. Don't think I support war and think that it is a good thing, but sadly war is a necessity and will happen, no matter what we do, but people today think we live in a world of sonshine and lollipops where everything can be resolved through deplomacy. The anti-war sentiment is so strong that people wouldn't join the army, even if there was an enemy knocking at our door. All sense of honor and patriotism is dead.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
War is not an inevitable thing. The ruling class is responsible for a lot of the unnecessary and costly wars. Most people do not want to pay for all these wars. Unfortunately we are forced to fund them through taxation and taxation is theft. Wars cost a lot to the people destroyed in them but also it's costly to the economy. It removes people who could be doing more productive things instead of blowing shit up and killing often innocent people.

Reactions: Disintegration
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
You know what really grinds my gears?

Shitty family guy jokes aside, looking at the course global politics are taking I see a new big war coming within the next two decades. Now, that every country with a modicum of common sense should be saddling up for a wild ride, the genious politicians here in Austria think that we need to defund the armed forces even more.

Our military is so underfunded that it is pathetic. We have fighterjets but can't have air to air mussiles. Most of our equipnent is fairly modern, but that is just because everything old gets instantly thrown out because we can't afford the upkeep. Normally we rely on the other European powers to protect us, but their militaries are also in a pityable state. The only thing we have going for us is that we have good soldiers, but those are also few. All of the western anti-war propaganda since the 60s has turned off 99% of people from wanting to go into the army. While it was viewed as an honor to be strived for in the past, now it is a chore to be avoided. Don't think I support war and think that it is a good thing, but sadly war is a necessity and will happen, no matter what we do, but people today think we live in a world of sonshine and lollipops where everything can be resolved through deplomacy. The anti-war sentiment is so strong that people wouldn't join the army, even if there was an enemy knocking at our door. All sense of honor and patriotism is dead.
War is for cowards.

• Love
Reactions: AJ. and 411esme
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
War is not an inevitable thing. The ruling class is responsible for a lot of the unnecessary and costly wars. Most people do not want to pay for all these wars. Unfortunately we are forced to fund them through taxation and taxation is theft. Wars cost a lot to the people destroyed in them but also it's costly to the economy. It removes people who could be doing more productive things instead of blowing shit up and killing often innocent people.
Yet I notice most people in America keep voting for war hawks and war mongers? Joe Biden has a history of bad decisions yet it appears he's on a path to win. I don't get this. If most Americans are against war and want change why do they keep voting for establishment life long millionaire politicians?

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
War is inevitable, the way we are going, and with how underfunded our armed forces are we will be left completely defenseless at that point. No matter how anti-war you are, you have to agree that a nation needs an army capable of defending its borders against foreign aggression and the country itself against local insurrections. Just because one is anti-war another nation won't be stopped from invading. War has always happened and will happen again, and everyone needs to be able to defend themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
Looking at the history, if I remember correctly, every century in this millennium has had at least one "good" war. 21st century, I'm afraid, will not be an exception.
Reducing funding of armies is possibly not a good decision.

• Love
Reactions: Luchs and Oyoy