Kotocrown

Kotocrown

Aug 15, 2023
Was asked by one of my friends if I'd like to go travelling with her and our other friend together this summer. I said I'd love to. I didn't hear anything else about it until I saw my friends post today that they're together travelling. I feel very hurt. Stuff like this makes me want to sh. What do I do to stop feeling badly about this?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, VioletNight, Bobbylobby and 3 others
AnonAnon1234

AnonAnon1234

Aug 18, 2023
Sadly it just means they're not very good friends. Not a lot you can do as it will hurt. Had similar in my past, was only invited to stuff as I had a car so could drive people around. I'd ask in a non aggressive way when they got back how come you were invited then heard nothing though.

Reactions: VioletNight, Somethingiswaddling, Kotocrown and 1 other person
ang3lz

ang3lz

Aug 17, 2023
Was asked by one of my friends if I'd like to go travelling with her and our other friend together this summer. I said I'd love to. I didn't hear anything else about it until I saw my friends post today that they're together travelling. I feel very hurt. Stuff like this makes me want to sh. What do I do to stop feeling badly about this?

I feel this, it's happened to me many times too. Sending you big online hugs right now. Only thing I know that works for me is distraction, partaking in whatever hobbies I can bring myself to do, also working more which distracts me. I know these only temporarily push the problem aside and doesn't solve it, I wish I had answers :(

Reactions: Somethingiswaddling, Kotocrown and MiesePeter98
MiesePeter98

MiesePeter98

🇹🇭🇦🇹❜🇸 🇨🇷🇦🇿🇾
Aug 20, 2023
First I wouldn't assume the worst. Maybe they forgot about you, even tho that would still somehow be stupid.
Or maybe they thought you didn't reported back and you where disinterested, we humans have huge problems to communicate how we feel actually.

Like Anon said, I would just ask them friendly out of the blue and depending on their answer you can decide.

And to stop feeling badly about this, to communicate with them first, maybe it was just a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctvunny, Somethingiswaddling and Kotocrown
ToniFoxGirl!!

ToniFoxGirl!!

Maybe a race to nowhere, still hope that I win
Aug 20, 2023
I'm usually the friend who's forgotten to be invited to things and it sucks really bad. :'( I'm really sorry. Like people said above, it's probably best to ask them what happened and communicate, but it doesn't help the hurt.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
What they did is shitty. Even if they did not deliberately exclude you, their actions here show that you are not a priority. I think you know it's time to move on. The good news is that you will be better off without them. "Friends" like this hurt more than they comfort. Give yourself time to grieve the friendship, but do not invest any more emotional energy in people who wouldn't do the same for you.

B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
If that happened to me (and it has) i wouldn't cut ties straight away and I wouldn't ever mention this instance to them.

Sometimes it's best to give benefit of the doubt. I know I've been excluded from things because I know I can be a downer at times. As long as I'm not being excluded from everything by my friends I think they are worth keeping.

I know it's easier said than done especially if you're sensitive like me, but try and be happy for people enjoying things without your company. Life is hard as it is.