BoredNTired

BoredNTired

Wants to sleep for a good long while
Sep 30, 2024
I'm planning to CTB soon, but I'm worried about my friends and family. I know a lot of them are doing poorly mentally, an I have friends who have admitted to contemplating to me in the past. I'm afraid that when i die, I might make things worse for them. I know that if any of them died at any point in the last couple years I would likely have followed, so is it awful for me to want to CTB myself, but wanting to make sure they don't follow? I think people have the right to choose for themselves, but I really, selfishly don't want any of them to die. IDK if i'm being narcissist and overestimating their care for me based on how much of an emotinal crutch I've used them as or if they genuinly might follow, and even then if I should do or say anything to them, but Its a thought thats been eating at me for a little while.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and ipmanwc0
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Ultimately, they'll do what they finally decide for themselves, just as each of us do. The fact that you may have followed the example of others if they'd gone before doesn't mean you would have done had the hypothetical situation really arisen. Nor does it mean that your friends/family will feel or act as you believe you might have done.
We can't live our lives (or, indeed, leave them) based on the values and actions of others.
Best wishes as you consider all these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoredNTired and SixNeufUn