F

FocusExpert

Dec 15, 2020
A few years ago at the lowest point of my life, I very courageously and hesitantly tried to reach out to a few people. One of those was a childhood friend of mine, who for the longest time I thought was my "best friend" as a kid.
He had a hard time empathizing and told me how so and so was also depressed and found a way out of it. I could feel a disgust in his voice all along. Eventually he said something along the lines of, "I hope you are not planning to kill yourself. Honestly, I think people who commit suicide are the biggest losers."
I can understand his point of view, but nevertheless that had the opposite effect of what I was looking for. It was almost as if all along he had this itch of letting me know this.
Another friend of mine who I talked over text asked me to stop texting him because he didn't want his mood to be ruined because of me. He talked of 'depressed people' in a very taboo-ish manner.
I did, however, found a very wonderful person who was then and continued to be very warm to me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, sadgirl2002, PrettyMoose and 18 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think people who ctb are THE BRAVEST HUMAN BEINGS ON EARTH so, I totally disagree with your friend.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: LetmeCTB566, Journeytoletgo, Echo81 and 25 others
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Used to know a few people like this back in highschool. People who hold these beliefs are usually incredibly young and havnt experienced real suffering and therefore cannot really understand or even empathize with people who are depressed/suicidal. I honestly have never met an actual adult who still holds these beliefs, but im sure they exist

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Echo81, nox_ghoul and 8 others
P

patheticpartner

Student
May 4, 2020
I'm sure there are genuinely great people who commit suicide, but I will be one of the losers your friend refers to lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, death137, NodusTollens and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
"Honestly, I think people who commit suicide are the biggest losers."
People who commit suicide also lose at dying form cancer, or at continuing to be a slave to one's own biology. Loser is a negatively charged term, but not all games are worth winning, and not all objectives are worth securing.

Losers, lol. Getting rid of something one doesn't want is not a loss... or at least not a loser's loss.

• Love
Reactions: death137, demuic, NodusTollens and 5 others
tpurced

tpurced

Just passing through this world
Oct 23, 2020
People who commit suicide also lose at dying form cancer, or at continuing to be a slave to one's own biology. Loser is a negatively charged term, but not all games are worth winning, and not all objectives are worth securing.

Losers, lol. Getting rid of something one doesn't want is not a loss... or at least not a loser's loss.
"Getting rid of something one doesn't want is not a loss". I've never heard a better response for that question than that wow-

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, Trannydiary and Deleted member 22624
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
A few years ago at the lowest point of my life, I very courageously and hesitantly tried to reach out to a few people. One of those was a childhood friend of mine, who for the longest time I thought was my "best friend" as a kid.
He had a hard time empathizing and told me how so and so was also depressed and found a way out of it. I could feel a disgust in his voice all along. Eventually he said something along the lines of, "I hope you are not planning to kill yourself. Honestly, I think people who commit suicide are the biggest losers."
I can understand his point of view, but nevertheless that had the opposite effect of what I was looking for. It was almost as if all along he had this itch of letting me know this.
Another friend of mine who I talked over text asked me to stop texting him because he didn't want his mood to be ruined because of me. He talked of 'depressed people' in a very taboo-ish manner.
I did, however, found a very wonderful person who was then and continued to be very warm to me.
Honestly, there are a lot of depressed people who latch into 'friends' and all they ever seem to do is offload their problems into them and complain about how shit thier lives are without giving any form of support to the other party. Depression can be immensely self indulgent like that. I have had friends who do nothing but suck the life out of everything and now they are no longer a part of my life as a result.
Friendships have to be equal. They also aren't something to be picked up only when you are feeling down. I believe people have the right to end friendships on this basis because it's without any consideration for the other party and how your negative dialogue can affect them.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, death137, NodusTollens and 4 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Your "friend" is the loser for saying something as insensitive as that. He obviously has a lack of empathy and doesn't have a clue about depression. You don't need people like that in your life, they just make you feel worse.

Reactions: Euthanza and BeautifulMosaics
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Used to know a few people like this back in highschool. People who hold these beliefs are usually incredibly young and havnt experienced real suffering and therefore cannot really understand or even empathize with people who are depressed/suicidal. I honestly have never met an actual adult who still holds these beliefs, but im sure they exist
I think you're right in some respect, but I've met plenty of adults who feel the same way. They are just more covert about it, or they hold their tongue until they become so frustrated with your existence that they let out all the hatred and anger.

Misery loves company, but company is not kind to misery.

Reactions: nox_ghoul
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
It's good that you reached out to someone. Most people aren't ready to give you a well thought out opinion on it.

untimelydemise

untimelydemise

Jan 20, 2021
the only thing we lost is the game called life. thi we probably conquered it

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Honestly, there are a lot of depressed people who latch into 'friends' and all they ever seem to do is offload their problems into them and complain about how shit thier lives are without giving any form of support to the other party. Depression can be immensely self indulgent like that. I have had friends who do nothing but suck the life out of everything and now they are no longer a part of my life as a result.
Friendships have to be equal. They also aren't something to be picked up only when you are feeling down. I believe people have the right to end friendships on this basis because it's without any consideration for the other party and how your negative dialogue can affect them.
There are also people who seem to think living with the condition of depression is something that should never be brought up despite how much it affects your life.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Sprite_Geist, Trannydiary and 1 other person
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Maybe a loser at life... but in life, there are few winners, and granted... nobody truly wins. The way I look at it, to die by one's hand is a win of itself if you see the irony of life. The fact you won't be subjugated to aging and watching your body slowly waste away until its turned to dust, and having your final moments be on a deathbed. Even worse if you're alone and have no one.
For those who have something to live for, surrounded by a family, I suppose that's a win for them. But not for those who are already suffering and alone.
As much as it takes strength to live for decades, it takes a lot of strength to actually go through with ones suicide as it's going against human nature.

Reactions: Symbiote, nox_ghoul, Trannydiary and 1 other person
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020
Okay, I had a 'friend' (sociopath) say that too, so I agreed and said "yeah man that's true I am one already anyways". He took that back straight away afterwards and tried persuading me that I wasn't. Does rubbing that in makes any suicidal person feel better? I already know I'm a loser, maybe reminding me will ease the si slightly when I'm crossing the line. "So and so thought I was a loser too"

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
N

nasblue

Jul 14, 2018
There is nothing to understand. He's either ignorant, unempathetic, spoiled and will realize his error when he faces true struggle, OR he is actually mentally unhealthy as well and copes by putting down people who have the capacity to be open and honest, arguably even more disgusting.
Some people are just trash.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, DetachedDreamer97 and Pookie
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I'm sorry but your friends are a piece of garbage and they're the losers! It takes a lot of courage to CTB, something which most people don't have. People who end their lives are truly heroes and far from losers. I'm already a loser for losing everything I had in life and everything I've been through so I don't care much about being more of a loser by ending it.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, DetachedDreamer97, nox_ghoul and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
To say that someone is a loser because they are at the lowest point in their life is not only insensitive, but downright insulting. If somebody has that attitude toward you then they are not a very good friend, and not a kind person - or at least they are ignorant.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and DetachedDreamer97
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Clearly, he doesn't have any idea of the suffering that will lead a person to commit suicide. I also didn't understand it until I became suicidal myself.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, mineko and 1 other person