SpacexJunkie

SpacexJunkie

Oct 17, 2023
Do you believe everyone has a right to freedom of speech? I very much do feel this way. So why is it constantly stigmatized to offer people help on this forum, whether it be offering friendship, or any other form of support. If this is a freedom of speech site, then how come certain people get told they should stick to the recovery forum to be nice to people. If you believe in freedom of speech, regardless of what forum you are in, we should all have the freedom to choose our choices no matter how the choice is viewed by others, so tell me again do you believe in freedom of speech? Or do you believe in Freedom of speech until someone says something you don't like.

Reactions: avoid and Done_Surviving
D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
Yeah, I think you're right. I think it's okay to be nice to each other, especially if what they are posting is just venting. Idk about the rest, but at least I enjoy seeing kind comments and heart reactions whenever I vent my soul out. Instead of someone just being: "yes you're right, you're pathetic, are you gonna ctb already?"
I would never stop someone from ctb, if that's their ultimate choice, but I would never encourage someone to do it either. A lot of us in here are scared and struggling and a little kindness can go a long way.

Reactions: larastoned and SpacexJunkie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It seems like you don't really understand the point of this forum, the suicide discussion is a pro-choice forum for people to vent and discuss methods without all the pro-lifers and their unsolicited advice and "help". I don't get why you assume your help is wanted when it wasn't even asked for, I find unsolicted advice to be patronising and often very invalidating.

The recovery section on here is for those who want to continue existing, if people want help and advice to continue existing they post in there, people can make decisions for themselves, they don't need "help" pushed onto them by someone who cannot experience existence in the same way.

The fact is that everywhere else in this society is so pro-life, I mean everywhere apart from here pushes the idea that "help is avaliable, ring a suicide hotline". And this is the one place for people to escape from that kind of thing, it's the one place people can vent openly without being locked in a psych ward.

This is a pro-choice site to respect people's decisions that they've chosen for themselves not a suicide prevention, forcing help onto people site, it's only a freedom of speech site in regards to openly venting about wanting to die.

This site isn't meant for those who are unable to respect the fact that suicide is always a valid choice, I know that this offends pro-life people but not everyone wants to exist, it's the reality. If freedom of speech means trying to interfere in other people's valid, personal choice to die then in that case I don't agree with it. Pro-lifers should learn to mind their own business, I'm sorry but other people's personal decisions aren't yours to make.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SVEN, floralheaddress, Deleted member 31858 and 2 others
itsraining

itsraining

Sleep With A Baseball Bat
May 18, 2023
i believe that you can show kindness to people here in a way that's palatable to the rules. Empathy is an important thing and if I see someone discussing their pain, my reaction wouldn't be unsolicited advice. Instead I think it would be better to show community through shared experiences and emotions. This is a suicide forum for people who have extreme pain in their lives, we can show kindness through our shared understanding.

I'm not saying we should remove their choice, only to relinquish the burden of isolation with those feelings. I'm sure many of us have been told that life is worth living, it makes me roll my eyes thinking about it. But what we can find here that isn't available anywhere else is a community. If you can't provide understanding and empathy to others' struggles and instead spew recited rhetoric then I don't believe you understand the pain that comes with suicidal.

Reactions: SVEN