Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I've recently seen a couple mentions about if you don't take an antacid before SN that you're more likely to get stomach pain from the SN.
I want to clarify that I don't know if this is actually true, but it did make me a little worried.

I have domperidone as my antiemetic. A while ago I read that antacid can't be taken with it, I just took that at face value and didn't research it anymore.

After reading the comments about stomach pain I started to worry about it and decided to look into domperidone/antacids a little more. I'm glad I did because I found that infact they both can be taken, just not at the same time. As long as I take the antacid at least 15 minutes after domperidone I should be fine.

I'm so relieved by this. The thought of stomach pain scared me, especially after having stomach cramps yesterday, which I don't do well with.
Knowing that I have one more thing that will hopefully make my ctb go more smoothly helps put my mind a little more at ease about SN. Yes I'm aware that it could still happen though. I'm going to try to get out and buy an antacid today.

After these rough couple days, finally something kind of good happened.
It didn't make me feel better about what happened, but being able to do something to work towards my ctb that should actually work out still feels good.

• Love
Reactions: Catlovergirl, Lilacmoon, Metalhead and 1 other person
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Is there a reason you say the antiemetic and antacid should be taken at different times? PPH says they can be taken together. Does it really matter as long as you're taking both?

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Is there a reason you say the antiemetic and antacid should be taken at different times? PPH says they can be taken together. Does it really matter as long as you're taking both?
This is just for domperidone, I believe, not meto or other AE's. This is from Motilium's (domperidone) data sheet.

"Antacids or antisecretory agents should not be taken simultaneously with Motilium, as they lower the oral bioavailability of domperidone. When used concomitantly, Motilium should be taken before meals and antacid or antisecretory agents after meals."

• Informative
Reactions: gomenasai
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Understood, thanks.

I have meto, so I was considering taking one of my meto doses at the same time as the antacid in an effort to limit the amount of water I ingest during the process leading up to SN.

With the amount of things you need to take leading up to the SN drink I'm worried about how much water I'll have ingested.

Reactions: Rue89
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Understood, thanks.

I have meto, so I was considering taking one of my meto doses at the same time as the antacid in an effort to limit the amount of water I ingest during the process leading up to SN.

With the amount of things you need to take leading up to the SN drink I'm worried about how much water I'll have ingested.
I've heard that the small amount of water to take the pills doesn't matter. As long as you don't take large gulps of water with the meto I think you should be fine.

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I've heard that the small amount of water to take the pills doesn't matter. As long as you don't take large gulps of water with the meto I think you should be fine.

Right but I have meto, antacid, ibuprofen, AND propranolol to take. I'm going to have to do my best to get all that stuff in me with very little water and it could be a challenge. I will do my best.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Right but I have meto, antacid, ibuprofen, AND propranolol to take. I'm going to have to do my best to get all that stuff in me with very little water and it could be a challenge. I will do my best.
I forgot about those others, sorry. I'll also be taking ibuprofen. I think I'll measure out a small amount of water to take all the pills, to make sure I don't drink too much. I'm not sure what that amount should be though. I'll have to think about that and do a bit more research.

jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
After reading the comments about stomach pain I started to worry about it and decided to look into domperidone/antacids a little more. I'm glad I did because I found that infact they both can be taken, just not at the same time. As long as I take the antacid at least 15 minutes after domperidone I should be fine.

I'm so relieved by this. The thought of stomach pain scared me, especially after having stomach cramps yesterday, which I don't do well with.
Knowing that I have one more thing that will hopefully make my ctb go more smoothly helps put my mind a little more at ease about SN. Yes I'm aware that it could still happen though. I'm going to try to get out and buy an antacid today.

After these rough couple days, finally something kind of good happened.
It didn't make me feel better about what happened, but being able to do something to work towards my ctb that should actually work out still feels good.

I'm relieved about the antacid too because I have domperidone

I was thinking the same thing. Plus I have benzos along with everything you mentioned. Are you planning on taking the propranolol with the SN or before?

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I was thinking the same thing. Plus I have benzos along with everything you mentioned. Are you planning on taking the propranolol with the SN or before?

Dunno yet. I'm also unsure how many to even take. PPH says to take 800mg which is an absolute shitload of pills that I don't have. I'm thinking I'll just take 2-3 to help out the process since it's not completely essential.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I'm glad that's one less anxiety for you to worry about, Rue. <3

• Love
Reactions: Rue89
jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
Dunno yet. I'm also unsure how many to even take. PPH says to take 800mg which is an absolute shitload of pills that I don't have. I'm thinking I'll just take 2-3 to help out the process since it's not completely essential.
I see. They dissolve in water so I was thinking of dissolving 800 mg in water 30 minutes before and drinking the benzos and antacid with the solution or just dissolving it in the SN. Gonna be a last second decision.

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I just bought famotidine (acid reducer). I think I'm set now.

• Love
Reactions: Lilacmoon
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Happy for u my friend. Hope u have all the luck and peace u deserve