• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
I can't believe this time less than 2 months ago I was flatlined. I have never been so happy in my life. If you guys want to try and turn things around just change fucking everything. I got a new doctor, a new psychiatrist (who gave me a new diagnosis), a new psychologist. I cut off my dad, my ex boyfriend and my best friend and starting focussing on those who actually care about me instead of fixating on those who don't and it really changed my life. I will probably still die by suicide one day, but for now I've found the most incredible guy and I am so happy they managed to resuscitate me :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, imademypicture, Orin and 20 others
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I'm glad you've found peace with your life!
Unfortunately, for many of us, your solution doesn't work for everyone.
Personally, I have a very loving and supportive family, an incredibly understanding and loving and patient soon to be husband, a beautiful sweet daughter, I'm taking classes and passing getting closer to a degree, and I have a full time job I enjoy.
Yet even with everything I could ever hope for, I have tried killing myself.
Sometimes things can go incredibly well and life can be perfect, but thoughts that plague your mind can make the difference between being happy and considering ending your life.
Again, though, I am so very grateful someone here has found peace in their life.

Reactions: catharticEscapism, imademypicture, GoodForNothing and 9 others
efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
I'm glad you've found peace with your life!
Unfortunately, for many of us, your solution doesn't work for everyone.
Personally, I have a very loving and supportive family, an incredibly understanding and loving and patient soon to be husband, a beautiful sweet daughter, I'm taking classes and passing getting closer to a degree, and I have a full time job I enjoy.
Yet even with everything I could ever hope for, I have tried killing myself.
Sometimes things can go incredibly well and life can be perfect, but thoughts that plague your mind can make the difference between being happy and considering ending your life.
Again, though, I am so very grateful someone here has found peace in their life.
Of course!! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Last year I was in the same position but with different people and still felt this way so I completely understand. I also am probably in a honeymoon phase and will be suicidal again in 2 weeks but we'll see haha. You're doing so well though and I'm so proud of you for holding down a job, succeeding in studying for a degree, (almost) being a wife and a mother all at the same time :) That is truly amazing, you're really strong.

Take care of yourself, I hope things improve for you one day.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Hopeless_soul and brighter
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I'm so happy for you!! I hope things stay like this for a long time!

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, Kikoo Loool, efffervescence and 3 others
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
Of course!! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Last year I was in the same position but with different people and still felt this way so I completely understand. I also am probably in a honeymoon phase and will be suicidal again in 2 weeks but we'll see haha. You're doing so well though and I'm so proud of you for holding down a job, succeeding in studying for a degree, (almost) being a wife and a mother all at the same time :) That is truly amazing, you're really strong.

Take care of yourself, I hope things improve for you one day.
I hope life can stay easier for you this way, I really do like hearing when others are happier in living their lives.
And thank-you very much. I really appreciate hearing that

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Tomoe

Tomoe

Feb 12, 2019
but thoughts that plague your mind can make the difference between being happy and considering ending your life.

Very relatable. Even though I'm not extremely suicidal myself, I still see it as an option. And I always have a think thought in the back of my head that 'hey, if things get better, will I stop thinking the way I do?'

Reactions: efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can, Vaughn and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm happy for you, and hope good things continue to persist. As for most of us, like @DrownedOctopus said, each person's situation is different so while your solution may work for you, it would likely not work for me or others on here. Anyways, I'm not trying to discount your circumstances and recovery, I'm glad that you are able to make a good recovery and wish things continue to go well for you.

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I admit I'm envious.
Still, this should not discourage you. I'm glad you managed to find your solution. I wish you the best of luck and grand adventure!

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
C

CC123

Arcanist
Mar 2, 2019
I can't believe this time less than 2 months ago I was flatlined. I have never been so happy in my life. If you guys want to try and turn things around just change fucking everything. I got a new doctor, a new psychiatrist (who gave me a new diagnosis), a new psychologist. I cut off my dad, my ex boyfriend and my best friend and starting focussing on those who actually care about me instead of fixating on those who don't and it really changed my life. I will probably still die by suicide one day, but for now I've found the most incredible guy and I am so happy they managed to resuscitate me :)
Congratulations

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@efffervescence i was genuinely so pleased to read your post :-) I love it when things change massively for the better for someone, and I think it's so kind to come here and share your news as it can give hope to people who aren't sure what to do and wonder if things could change for them.

That's so good you got a new diagnosis because it goes to show that these people (psychiatrists) can a) either get things wrong or that b) people can change! And either way, with a new psychologist on board that all sounds so positive.

Well done for finding the courage to remove the toxic people from your life, that takes a lot of guts as they are often family like you know and it's so hard.

So so happy for you :-) xxx

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Good news, keep on and take care!

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I have never been so happy in my life.
I'm so happy to read this!! I was starting to doubt my psychologist but after reading this post I know I should keep on going because if I'm honest I'd rather be like you than be dead. I'm so happy for you, I really hope things continue to improve! And I admire your courage to change it all up :)

Reactions: neveranyhope, DivorceIsMyWhy, efffervescence and 3 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I'm so glad to hear that! I hope things carry on being so good for you ♡ best wishes!

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy and efffervescence
efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
I'm happy for you, and hope good things continue to persist. As for most of us, like @DrownedOctopus said, each person's situation is different so while your solution may work for you, it would likely not work for me or others on here. Anyways, I'm not trying to discount your circumstances and recovery, I'm glad that you are able to make a good recovery and wish things continue to go well for you.
The thoughts definitely still lurk and I'm far from being recovered but now I can see more sense I guess? I'm borderline and a lot of my thoughts are irrational and over the top so this is definitely not a fix for 99% of people I should've made that more clear. Having someone that can talk me out of bad places and help me understand how I feel and why is definitely more effective in me than it will be in others. I understand that not everyone's suicidal intentions are circumstantial, I'm kind of struggling to find the words to say what I want to say. I just was really manic when I made my post and I got caught up in it and just wanted to tell everyone and make everyone do the same lol because I felt so good, now I'm down I realise my post was poorly worded and quite insensitive

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, CC123 and DivorceIsMyWhy
efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
@efffervescence i was genuinely so pleased to read your post :-) I love it when things change massively for the better for someone, and I think it's so kind to come here and share your news as it can give hope to people who aren't sure what to do and wonder if things could change for them.

That's so good you got a new diagnosis because it goes to show that these people (psychiatrists) can a) either get things wrong or that b) people can change! And either way, with a new psychologist on board that all sounds so positive.

Well done for finding the courage to remove the toxic people from your life, that takes a lot of guts as they are often family like you know and it's so hard.

So so happy for you :-) xxx
I would definitely urge anyone who's on their last nerve to ask for a second opinion from another psych, I wish I could tell that to myself in December. Life actually makes a lot more sense when you're labelled correctly. Thank you so much :)

Reactions: CC123 and DivorceIsMyWhy
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@efffervescence your post wasn't poorly worded; sorry you are more down now - but I'm so glad you are experiencing an upturn
:-)

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy and efffervescence
efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
I'm so happy to read this!! I was starting to doubt my psychologist but after reading this post I know I should keep on going because if I'm honest I'd rather be like you than be dead. I'm so happy for you, I really hope things continue to improve! And I admire your courage to change it all up :)
So so happy to hear this! Message me whenever you want I'm still going to be on here frequently. I hope you start to feel better soon

Reactions: 21Neberg and DivorceIsMyWhy
efffervescence

efffervescence

Dec 13, 2018
@efffervescence your post wasn't poorly worded; sorry you are more down now - but I'm so glad you are experiencing an upturn
:-)
Not down down, just on the ground down, don't worry <3

Reactions: DivorceIsMyWhy
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I'm not sure it's a good way to consider life to look for someone to live for, we should only live life for life itself.
I used to not ctb because of someone I didn't want to hurt (my grandma), but she passed away a few months ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Congratulations. I hope your life stays good. :)

Reactions: CC123, DivorceIsMyWhy and Kikoo Loool
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
So so happy to hear this! Message me whenever you want I'm still going to be on here frequently. I hope you start to feel better soon

Awww you're so kind - I hope @21Neberg takes you up on that as I'm rooting for him to find a way through this :-)

Reactions: 21Neberg and DivorceIsMyWhy
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018

Really kind of you to say - but I won't bother.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool