R

RCan

Feb 29, 2020
Hey folks, anyone got any information on the forth road bridge?

I'm looking in particular for info on how easy it is to jump there or not.

Like what are the barriers like? How climeable do they seem to be? Not the most sporty person ever so if it's v high, not sure I'll be able to get up there.
God I just so desperately want to die, so so so so so desperately want to die. Can't stand anything anymore.

lostmilo

lostmilo

Aug 19, 2024
Hey folks, anyone got any information on the forth road bridge?

I'm looking in particular for info on how easy it is to jump there or not.

Like what are the barriers like? How climeable do they seem to be? Not the most sporty person ever so if it's v high, not sure I'll be able to get up there.
God I just so desperately want to die, so so so so so desperately want to die. Can't stand anything anymore.
wow I'm surprised to see this as this bridge is my go to method at the moment. I've done alot of research on the past suicides there and I've only found one case of a woman surviving. At that height (156m) it's practically like falling onto concrete so you would pass out immediately. I dont know much about the barriers as I have been struggling to get the motivation to go and check it out but from the news stories I've read it seems pretty easy to climb.

Reactions: RCan
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Not sure of the current barrier situation, sorry. They did have CCTV cameras, security patrol, direct 'phones for would be jumpers or passersby wanting to report potential jumpers and Samaritan signboards.

N

Nero999

Sep 18, 2024
If you go to google maps street view of the OLD Forth Road Bridge you can see the pedstrial/cycle lane and the barrier which looks like no more than 4ft high

F

Fangarina

Sep 9, 2024
I think they have done a lot of work on the bridge with anti suicide barriers, very similar to the Erskine Bridge. They are mega tall and curve in the way to make it harder to climb. It's not impossible but with CCTV monitoring 24/7, it could be quite tricky. I'm sure there was a death near the start of the year, and it used to be mega common as the barriers were only about 4ft tall. I'm not 100% sure on the new barriers or if they are fully installed on both sides, been a wee while since I drove across it so I could be wrong.

R

RCan

Feb 29, 2020
I think they have done a lot of work on the bridge with anti suicide barriers, very similar to the Erskine Bridge. They are mega tall and curve in the way to make it harder to climb. It's not impossible but with CCTV monitoring 24/7, it could be quite tricky. I'm sure there was a death near the start of the year, and it used to be mega common as the barriers were only about 4ft tall. I'm not 100% sure on the new barriers or if they are fully installed on both sides, been a wee while since I drove across it so I could be wrong.
Ok thank you for the info. Was worried something like this might be the case. Seems like there are not many ways to go these days in the UK.

F

Fangarina

Sep 9, 2024
Ok thank you for the info. Was worried something like this might be the case. Seems like there are not many ways to go these days in the UK.
Very few. Which is wild - hear about so many and I'm stumped at how others find it so easy yet I'm still here 🫠