B

broken_monocle_girl

Jul 23, 2019
1) As far as I understand, the general recipe is twice as much formic acid as sulphuric acid. Is this correct?

2) What about the concentration of formic acid and sulphuric acid required? Do those, and in what way, change that recipe?

3) As for the set up, will simply emptying two bottles of sulphuric acid and then one of formic acid (edit - I was about to screw that up. should be one bottle of sulphuric and one two of formic?) in a regular plastic bucket sitting inside my car suffice?

4) Speaking of bottles, how much acid do I need? Can I have too much (and, for example, make the reaction get too hot and melt the bucket or something)?

5) will taping big, red signs over the car windows about carbon monoxide and acid suffice in not harming someone finding the vehicle, or will there be a very high concentration of CO sufficiently far from the car that someone might be injured by it because the signs aren't easily seen far enough?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joannf
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
1) As far as I understand, the general recipe is twice as much formic acid as sulphuric acid. Is this correct?

2) What about the concentration of formic acid and sulphuric acid required? Do those, and in what way, change that recipe?

3) As for the set up, will simply emptying two bottles of sulphuric acid and then one of formic acid (edit - I was about to screw that up. should be one bottle of sulphuric and one two of formic?) in a regular plastic bucket sitting inside my car suffice?

4) Speaking of bottles, how much acid do I need? Can I have too much (and, for example, make the reaction get too hot and melt the bucket or something)?

5) will taping big, red signs over the car windows about carbon monoxide and acid suffice in not harming someone finding the vehicle, or will there be a very high concentration of CO sufficiently far from the car that someone might be injured by it because the signs aren't easily seen far enough?

There's already a 'formic + sulfuric acid' thread, I believe it's spelt that way, and we have exhaustively posted there lately.
Please just post the same thing there.
And no that is not the general recipe.

I was wrong, it's spelt correctly - here's the link
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/formic-acid-sulphuric-acid-method.233/
sanctionedsuicide.com/threads/formic-acid-sulphuric-acid-method.233/

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox