Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I feel like I'm going to end up socially isolated very soon. I'm the guy that has to invite other people or ask if he can come, because no one wants to do anything with me out of their own motivation. I feel like I'll never have a real friendship. Not to speak of a relationship. I always have to think about something a female friend of mine told me during a fight quite some time ago. She said that I am smart, too smart, I'm an asshole and will be forever alone. This has stuck with me for many years, because it is the most down to earth, honest thing anyone has ever said to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving, Journeytoletgo, come to dust and 3 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
welcome to the club. I've assumed time ago that i'll be alone. Now i want it most of times. From time to time is sad more anything, but overall is easier to manage once assumed. It's like a... headlong rush?

I'll remember a quote from game of thrones that i can apply in this topic for me :(

"Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."
-Tyrion Lannister

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and Luchs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm alone and that is by choice. People can easily let you down and are disappointing in my opinion. I do appreciate how it can be painful for some people, being alone, loneliness can send many into despair.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving, Callie Arcale, VivantMort and 1 other person
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
I'm just not interesting enough to be the fun friend, and not hot enough to be the hot friend/partner. So i dont have people close to me either

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and Journeytoletgo
M

MBY85

Oct 21, 2020
I understand you, I love too much, I give too much, but I feel that I only have links with people if I force it. Nobody chooses to stay un my life. I am empty and more alone each day, and unable to ctb because of my disability. Sorry if I write wrong English is not my first language. A big hug

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving, come to dust and Luchs
VivantMort

VivantMort

PleromaKenoma
Jul 28, 2021
Some Schopenhauer to soothe the soul :)

3 insightful quotations/maxims to inspire encouragement when alone:

"Almost all our sorrows spring out of our relations with other people."

"A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free."

"To live alone is the fate of all great souls."

Gotta love Meister Schopenhauer :)

Reactions: FuneralCry, Callie Arcale and TimeLawyer
TimeLawyer

TimeLawyer

Now scheduled for deletion. Goodbye all
Oct 10, 2019
I won't type out a long response as I am busy getting cleaning done before work tomorrow, but here's a reply I wrote in another thread:

"I can relate to this, mainly because I tend to hold very strong positions on things and my views are not juuust perfectly in the middle where everyone would like them to be. Social norms? I've transgressed every single one. I will literally speak my mind even if it greatly offends someone. I have a great dislike for psychology and therapy as well so I even worry about fitting in on this forum and on atheist forums. Like it's the only framework we have left for understanding humans and how they should act now that religion is off the cards for more people. Idk. I was watching that clip from Bojack Horseman the other day that goes "everybody loves you, but nobody likes you" and it hit a bit close to home. It is hard to change just for other people's convenience."

I was watching House MD a while back and I kept relating really hard to some of the things House said/did, despite the fact I am a female and none of the 7 psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists I have seen in my lifetime ever mentioned narcissism. I was misdiagnosed with Autism as a kid, but from what I have seen Autistic people often try to follow rules/norms rather than break them, even if it is very difficult for them or they can't always manage to. (Although the PDA subtype, which is currently only regonised officially in the UK, does seem to have the opposite effect on the individual, but do note I am generalising here and an Autistic persons approach to following rules or norms, or trying to, depends on the individual)

You might like this subreddit (it's mainly for those who struggle to get into romantic relationships but some people post on there about being friendless/lonely in a platonic sense too)

You might like to read this article too:

Last edited:
Reactions: VivantMort
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Hell is other people.

We are all other people. They are hell for us and we are hell for them.

Reactions: FuneralCry
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I can relate to that... I'm happy I'm not the only one who feels like this. Hugs

Reactions: FuneralCry and Callie Arcale