• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I think I might be flucked. Even if I kept living, my happy years will just recede further into the past. Continuing to live achieves nothing since I'm still going to die anyway someday.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cherry_BB, Hotsackage and sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No one can know for sure but I'd say the following won't put them in a strong position:

- No hope left. I'd say that's the major one. Really, you can probably get over other things so long as there is some hope left.
- Treatment resistant illness- physical or mental, or both.
- An unwillingness to try to make things better. I think it takes effort- lots of it to change life around. I think very few good things just appear magically for us. So, there's that whole: 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.' Attributed to Einstein but could be Mark Twain or Ben Franklin.
- A nihilistic philosophy I'd say will always make them at odds with this world and- they'll either not do anything constructive because- what's the point? Or, they'll resent having to do things like work and study because- what's the point?
- Little or no enjoyment left in anything this world has to offer. Leaving only suffering.

Reactions: stuckinfiction, schizochicken, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 10 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think the answer by @Forever Sleep hits the majority of points for the question. And they are amazing points indeed. Though, I think I'll add that life is unlikely to get better for those who just perpetually get screwed over by luck no matter what they do or those who are permanently screwed by their life situation (such as living in a third world country with no way out). Additionally, life can just screw you before you even have a chance by being born with a disadvantage

In my case, life is unlikely to get better for me because I'm born autistic and I'm so disadvantaged to where I simply can't be as tough as life wants a human being to be. I applied for numerous basic entry level jobs and I can't even get hired for those. Also, I fit the last 3 points of what forever sleep said above

• Hugs
Reactions: schizochicken, Cherry_BB, xmissellax and 3 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

Your right. Your life.
Mar 20, 2023
For me it was the logical optics of how my life is going to go with the secondary reasons being how I feel. There is never going to be a better outcome for me, just different shades of ruination. I really didn't want that to be the case, I never saw myself actually coming to this point, and my intentions didn't line up with it but here I am.

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Honestly I just believe that existing gets worse and becomes more tiresome as time goes on in general especially as the human body just decays and deteriorates. The thought of this existence continuing for decades is just horrifying to me especially as there is no limit as to how much one can suffer. It's truly hellish how there is no limit as to how torturous existing can get, the more time spent here just means the more opportunities to suffer, to me existing truly is just an meaningless process of slowly dying and waiting around to die.

Reactions: Only_Lonely, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 2 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
No one can know for sure but I'd say the following won't put them in a strong position:

- No hope left. I'd say that's the major one. Really, you can probably get over other things so long as there is some hope left.
- Treatment resistant illness- physical or mental, or both.
- An unwillingness to try to make things better. I think it takes effort- lots of it to change life around. I think very few good things just appear magically for us. So, there's that whole: 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.' Attributed to Einstein but could be Mark Twain or Ben Franklin.
- A nihilistic philosophy I'd say will always make them at odds with this world and- they'll either not do anything constructive because- what's the point? Or, they'll resent having to do things like work and study because- what's the point?
- Little or no enjoyment left in anything this world has to offer. Leaving only suffering.
The first point is so important, though I agree with all of these 100%. If a person is not satisfied with life, the hope that tomorrow brings about a better day can keep them trudging along. Once you've lost your dreams and your hopes for the future, then what motivation is left?

I think an impulsive person can be talked down and persuaded to keep living if they have hope that things can change. When someone ends up in a situation where they cannot find even a glimmer of hope, that is when things become truly dire, I feel. When I first joined this site, I would cling to various hopes, like a new test or treatment, but these would inevitably never pan out and leave me feeling worse each time this hope was crushed.

Constantly wishing for things to get better then being let down over and over again when the improvement you've worked towards doesn't manifest is a huge killer of the spirit. I think once things get that bad it is hard to come back from, unless something appears that can rekindle those hopes.

• Love
Reactions: schizochicken, Forever Sleep, sserafim and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Me
Me
Me
Me
Me
Me