Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
How are you overcoming the fear? I want to do partial but so many people on here seem to be failing to accomplish it.

Reactions: imacrybaby
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
Embrace the feeling you get at location...take a few steps back then just walk off...that's if you have time...if people are trying to stop you...run...run...run...

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I basically trained myself to remove my fear. First I would walk to the bridge and stare down from it, then put my hands on the rail and jump up on it, put one leg over, two legs etc. At first it was really hard and took me 2 years to stand on the ledge of a 15-18m bridge without fear. Then it got easier, getting mildly drunk or sedated before trying that, but not too much helped to. Right now I can stand on 40-50m bridges and feel nothing, and before all this I was afraid to stick a finger out of a high rise window. Its like DIY exposure therapy.

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, BLUE1970, Time to fly and 1 other person
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
I basically trained myself to remove my fear. First I would walk to the bridge and stare down from it, then put my hands on the rail and jump up on it, put one leg over, two legs etc. At first it was really hard and took me 2 years to stand on the ledge of a 15-18m bridge without fear. Then it got easier, getting mildly drunk or sedated before trying that, but not too much helped to. Right now I can stand on 40-50m bridges and feel nothing, and before all this I was afraid to stick a finger out of a high rise window. Its like DIY exposure therapy.
That is a good way to look at it...I just accepted the height even though am not great with them, I looked at it as the solution to the problems I had and in a few seconds they would no longer be problems...sadly the bridge wasn't high enough and the problems continued...so onwards and upwards to greater heights...

Reactions: ecmnesia
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
That is a good way to look at it...I just accepted the height even though am not great with them, I looked at it as the solution to the problems I had and in a few seconds they would no longer be problems...sadly the bridge wasn't high enough and the problems continued...so onwards and upwards to greater heights...

Did you jump off a too low bridge and fucked yourself up too? I crippled myself and caused a lifetime of pain U.U Will forever walk retarded

Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
Did you jump off a too low bridge and fucked yourself up too? I crippled myself and caused a lifetime of pain U.U Will forever walk retarded
I went off tower bridge in 88 stupidly landed feet first and all I got to show for it was a busted tail bone...sorry to hear you got worse injuries...that's why next time it has to be higher for me

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
My bridge was 15 meters and it was border of spring and winter. I displaced my lower vertebrae, bruised my chest muscles, got pneumonia and sliced my foot down to the bone somehow. I drag my right side when I walk now and swimming in rivers will never be the same :o But I brought it on myself cause Im dumb. Thats why the next bridge I be messing with is taller than skyscrapers in my town

Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
Wow that was a lot of damage...I think the water stopped all my damage...I would love to do a skyscraper but nothing decent in UK that you can get access to...which is why I will used old faithful, beachy head...