• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I'm curious to hear from those with an official diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder (or from those in psych services fields). BPD shares a lot of symptoms with other disorders so I'm curious to know what things people with BPD suffer from that are 100% unique to BPD. What are things that would definitely distinguish it from some other disorders such as bipolar, etc. I'm asking because I'm an avid reader and self diagnosed my disorders (all of which were confirmed by a pdoc long ago) however when I visit new psychologists some want to assign me or ask me if I think I may have additional disorders. I remember a few giving me literature and asking me if I fit the criteria for ________ disorder (fill in the blank). I think this is a bit weird but I understand why some are doing it since I am highly honest, self aware and have done some study in the field.

When I read about BPD I'm not 100% sure I understand it fully since it can look like other disorders.

What are things you can tell me about yourself that are big "aha" moments regarding the disorder? What has your psych identified as symptoms they want to address in therapy? What type of trauma led to your diagnosis?

All help is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!! :hug:

Reactions: RainAndSadness, enigmática saudade, inconsequential and 2 others
Livinginhell

Livinginhell

Should be Existinginhell
Aug 13, 2018
I was diagnosed with bpd when I was 18, now 37. What I find the worst is things like, I can go from really liking someone to absolutely hating them in a instant, then going back to liking them again just as quick. My moods are pretty much like that too, I can be in one kind of mood one minute, then seconds later in the completely opposite and I don't know why. I have a complete fear of being abandoned and have social problems, but then I guess a lot of people have that trouble.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mooshi, LifeIsACurse, memataporfavor and 2 others
M

moon_r4

Jan 27, 2019
I have a official diagnosis but I'm like just on the edge according to the DSM IV criteria and I'm not entirely convinced it fits, but I'll tell you which symptoms I have that I was told were relevant.

- I have a really strong feeling of not belonging anywhere, almost like I'm not really apart of the human race.
- I self harm a lot and have daily suicidal thoughts but these symptoms can fit a lot of things.
- Always had uneven relationships with people, never really had a friendship where there was like a mutual level of effort. I don't really know how to explain this one properly, but I'm either way too attached or completely apathetic.
- Feel consistently empty and usually cycle between this emptiness, anger (mostly at myself) and despair.

My psychiatrist hasn't really said anything to me about addressing the problems, was just told it's a working diagnosis. I wasn't given any specific things to work on.
I haven't really suffered any trauma which is why I'm not sure if it's the right diagnosis.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkhaven and LMFAO FOCKERS
memataporfavor

memataporfavor

( つ・o・)つ still ill ╮|。>ー<。|╭
Apr 6, 2019
I'm extremely impulsive and self-destructive, prone to binge drinking, using sex as an escape mechanism and self-harming
I also have some anger issues, I lose control very quickly and I get really really mad out of nowhere and then, a few moments later, I calm down like nothing ever happened. I relate to what @Livinginhell said their relation w ppl and oscilating moods, I go through those same things.

• Hugs
Reactions: imdone1, LifeIsACurse, Vegrau and 1 other person
Nobodysfault

Nobodysfault

"If my soul be lost, its nobodys fault but mine"
Mar 21, 2019
People say that psychiatrists diagnose BPD when they have no idea ( medical title) for the person symptoms.
Anyway, shared symptoms are usually being needy, mood change,behave like a totally different person in different days/period of times,obsessions and being focused mainly in yourself all the time.

Reactions: Livinginhell, Boonks and LMFAO FOCKERS
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I have a official diagnosis but I'm like just on the edge according to the DSM IV criteria and I'm not entirely convinced it fits, but I'll tell you which symptoms I have that I was told were relevant.

- I have a really strong feeling of not belonging anywhere, almost like I'm not really apart of the human race.
- I self harm a lot and have daily suicidal thoughts but these symptoms can fit a lot of things.
- Always had uneven relationships with people, never really had a friendship where there was like a mutual level of effort. I don't really know how to explain this one properly, but I'm either way too attached or completely apathetic.
- Feel consistently empty and usually cycle between this emptiness, anger (mostly at myself) and despair.

My psychiatrist hasn't really said anything to me about addressing the problems, was just told it's a working diagnosis. I wasn't given any specific things to work on.
I haven't really suffered any trauma which is why I'm not sure if it's the right diagnosis.
Shrinks really don't care if their bullshit diagnosis has any relevance to your personal experience or actual feelings. Sorry. They don't give a shit though. They're just fucking with your head, they know nothing they do can help anybody. Just ignore/play along, you're in the system now. Reality is irrelevant.
People say that psychiatrists diagnose BPD when they have no idea ( medical title) for the person symptoms.
Anyway, shared symptoms are usually being needy, mood change,behave like a totally different person in different days/period of times,obsessions and being focused mainly in yourself all the time.
Yep.Just a shrink's way of saying they don't like you. You should jump ship, you'll never be treated fairly by one who thinks you're a monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: imdone1, Brainpain and Rocksandsand
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Do bpd rage in specific days? Like they rage on tuesday and then next week's tuesday for like some weeks?
The bpd I knew did that

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Splitting. Splitting is the one distinctive symptom I can automatically think of.

I can adore you, and within 60 seconds despise you and never want to speak to you again. It's always been an issue, though it has also gotten me out of some shitty situations.

This switch can flip the other way, but way less often.

• Hugs
Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
enigmática saudade

enigmática saudade

Ô Mort, vieux capitaine, il est temps!
Jun 27, 2019
I'm diagnosed with BPD
I'm always being a toxic person in front of my close friends.
Never been able to maintain friendships with the few friends I had.
I always had emotional breakdown in front of them.
I make a lot of impulsive decisions that sabotaged the relationship.
I fucking hate myself for all these.

• Hugs
Reactions: WinterIsComing and LMFAO FOCKERS
GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
I'm curious to hear from those with an official diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder (or from those in psych services fields). BPD shares a lot of symptoms with other disorders so I'm curious to know what things people with BPD suffer from that are 100% unique to BPD. What are things that would definitely distinguish it from some other disorders such as bipolar, etc. I'm asking because I'm an avid reader and self diagnosed my disorders (all of which were confirmed by a pdoc long ago) however when I visit new psychologists some want to assign me or ask me if I think I may have additional disorders. I remember a few giving me literature and asking me if I fit the criteria for ________ disorder (fill in the blank). I think this is a bit weird but I understand why some are doing it since I am highly honest, self aware and have done some study in the field.

When I read about BPD I'm not 100% sure I understand it fully since it can look like other disorders.

What are things you can tell me about yourself that are big "aha" moments regarding the disorder? What has your psych identified as symptoms they want to address in therapy? What type of trauma led to your diagnosis?

All help is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!! :hug:
Self-harming behavior

• Hugs
Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Wow...I empathize with everyone here. It must be difficult to manage and build the lives you want. Doesnt sound as if there would be any drug to help either. And with the failing state of the psychiatric profession, I'd imagine it's tough to have hope. Here's another hug for you all. :hug:

Reactions: eve2004 and Livinginhell
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
They try to apply bpd to every woman with self harm and suicidal ideation.
But that's natural for autistics in harmful environments too.
And they call me promiscuous for being a "sex worker" but I almost never had actual sex, so if anything I was a prude , not promiscuous.

Shrinks are just worthless idiots who need their asses kissed and their shoes complimented.
But you shod dump one if they call you borderline because they are making hateful assumptions and will never treat you fairly, always assume the worst of you.

• Love
Reactions: exhausted and LifeIsACurse
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
I'm diagnosed with BPD
I'm always being a toxic person in front of my close friends.
Never been able to maintain friendships with the few friends I had.
I always had emotional breakdown in front of them.
I make a lot of impulsive decisions that sabotaged the relationship.
I fucking hate myself for all these.

You deserve respect for being self-aware. Some don't and do things without understanding they did something wrong and makes it difficult trying to help them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeIsACurse, LMFAO FOCKERS and enigmática saudade
B

bruisedmind

May 7, 2019
The betrayals you feel when you are wronged by people...which happens a lot, I swear the nature of this means you attract sadists who get off on your pain. It's a vicious circle that never seems to end

Reactions: exhausted
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019

So 95% of people have BPD then right? At the risk of sounding like a Scientologist...psychiatry is nonsense.

Oh...and All Hail Xenu!

Reactions: exhausted and eve2004