torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
How do you cope with being friendless? Do you ever get jealous at others for having friends? I can't help it but whenever I see or hear someone that has friends I get envious and whenever I hear the word "friends" I feel physically sick and my heart feels like it's going to break into pieces. Do you think that your situation is temporary or that it will last? I think that I'll also have to accept the fact that I'll remain friendless for the rest of my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Circles, Woodnote and 3 others
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I am probably a minority, but I do much better not getting past the acquaintance stage. talking to people is nice, but I don't want anyone to get close.

Reactions: Lethe, Skathon, Woodnote and 4 others
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
I don't have any friends because of my social anxiety/boring personality/general awkwardness. It's been this way for 15+ years, so it's safe to say this isn't a temporary issue. There's a deep, dull ache that the loneliness causes. I just don't have anything to offer anybody. There's something broken within me, or something missing, I'm not sure. I'm just…defective, I guess.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, Circles, Woodnote and 3 others
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I feel quality of friends is better than quantity. I rather have one close friend than a thousand people who I am a fleeting thought to.

Reactions: Circles, Woodnote, Tragoedia Vitae and 1 other person
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
Why is that?

it's mostly due to a series of events that resulted in PTSD and anyone I could turn to was not on my side, if they hadn't already run away. now if anyone gets close my mind automatically goes into flight or fight mode and everyone suffers, especially me.

• Hugs
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
it's mostly due to a series of events that resulted in PTSD and anyone I could turn to was not on my side, if they hadn't already run away. now if anyone gets close my mind automatically goes into flight or fight mode and everyone suffers, especially me.
I'm sorry for that :(, it must be really painful especially since as humans we crave connection.
I don't have any friends because of my social anxiety/boring personality/general awkwardness. It's been this way for 15+ years, so it's safe to say this isn't a temporary issue. There's a deep, dull ache that the loneliness causes. I just don't have anything to offer anybody. There's something broken within me, or something missing, I'm not sure. I'm just…defective, I guess.
I think that it can be the people around too that just won't accept you because you come across as different. Like a different piece of a puzzle. For example, people around me in general are mean and really shallow so it's no wonder that I'm not accepted by anyone. All the time I thought it was something wrong with me but I looked at my actions and I realized that I always tried to be a nice and kind person and help people in any way I can. Wondering if moving somewhere else would help but I doubt.
I feel quality of friends is better than quantity. I rather have one close friend than a thousand people who I am a fleeting thought to.
I think that almost everyone prefers that. The thing is that a few people, including me, can't even find that close friend because they're not accepted anywhere.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
How do you cope with being friendless? Do you ever get jealous at others for having friends? I can't help it but whenever I see or hear someone that has friends I get envious and whenever I hear the word "friends" I feel physically sick and my heart feels like it's going to break into pieces. Do you think that your situation is temporary or that it will last? I think that I'll also have to accept the fact that I'll remain friendless for the rest of my life.

I know you're gone but I'll bite since I'm bored. The way I cope with it is that I've always been alone so why should things be any different? Being here helps a lot to cope, but sometimes it doesn't and makes me feel even more lonely. The hard part about loneliness is that it's part of the human condition so it'll never leave and we'll always experience it to some degree. Even being around people won't fill the void sometimes. I don't think this is temporary for me or even for most people as again it's part of the human condition and our biology. It's a hard pill to swallow but I do wonder if we didn't feel this wretched emotion would we even care about seeking friendships/relationships? Things would be better if we could somehow adapt to the loneliness, but it just never fully stops. Either way I hate it and I can't fully accept it, it's one of my main reasons why I want to die cause I'm not looking forward to experiencing this for a whole fucking lifetime.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deleted member 1465, Sinai Silence and 1 other person
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
Honestly I don't really cope with loneliness, I usually just let it consume me. Being here helps though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and Circles
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
I feel too mentally fucked to maintain friendships with most people. Corona is the nail in the coffin. Can't relate to most people seeing as how I grew up much different from them. I don't fit into mainstream culture which around here is drinking, sports, guns, partying. Even a guy I most relate to from school who is here now for the summer (and probably past that because corona) I have to make a massive effort to text, and currently communication with him has just fizzled out. I feel most natural alone because I've been that way my entire life but it's miserable.