devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
tw: for those that don't self harm, please disregard.
only asking for advice, not trying to promote it.

where's your favorite place to self harm?
and what do you usually use to do it with?

I'm using just a regular razor, but it's not really
giving me the results that I want....

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Moonicide, Sensei, UninformedLover and 3 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i usually do it on my stomach or thighs if i don't want anyone to see.

i use a medical scalpel.

hahahahahahhahahaha i just cut on my face for the first time and i feel so ecstatic

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: exhausted, Sensei, OreoWellington and 2 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
My favorite place is my right arm and I love using scissors, though it's been about a month since I did it, but am getting urges to do it today

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei, OreoWellington, Woodnote and 2 others
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
when you say not giving the results you want, what exactly do you want? in my experience its like chasing the dragon, you will never catch up. I have been using a scalpel, more recently a craft knife, though its becoming meaningless, its like theres no emotion at all anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: 134340, Sensei, Woodnote and 1 other person
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
i usually do it on my stomach or thighs if i don't want anyone to see.

i use a medical scalpel.

hahahahahahhahahaha i just cut on my face for the first time and i feel so ecstatic
cut on your face? just curious but why and what is it like? why did you choose there... just wondering

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
cut on your face? just curious but why and what is it like? why did you choose there... just wondering

God i don't know, i'm drunk and it just feels right. sure to regret this in the morning but for now it feels great.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and Woodnote
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
when you say not giving the results you want, what exactly do you want? in my experience its like chasing the dragon, you will never catch up. I have been using a scalpel, more recently a craft knife, though its becoming meaningless, its like theres no emotion at all anymore.
well i've been using just a regular utility blade but no matter how deep I try to go, i just can't get there. I want something different that'll go deeper without much effort.

SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
well i've been using just a regular utility blade but no matter how deep I try to go, i just can't get there. I want something different that'll go deeper without much effort.
ok I can relate to that, although im in a similar struggle, deep down I know the best thing is to try to stop. do you have any way to help the urges go away?

UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
My favorite place to cut is my arms and hands. If I cut anywhere it just doesn't feel the same to me. I usually just use a double edged razor since they are so sharp lol

Reactions: Skathon
garcelle

garcelle

Oct 24, 2019
nice hard punches on the right side of my head do the trick

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni

Student
Aug 23, 2019
My favorite places are my forearms and calves. I've been using double edges blades recently. I agree with what @SlackJim said though, nothing is ever really "enough".

Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
I've got a variety of blades because I'm always thinking about it and I keep worrying I'll not have what I need to be able to hide it anywhere, but I prefer to sit and cut with a scalpel and I try to limit myself to places where I can easily hide it without making people suspicious. Like if I cut on my wrist, I try to keep it just above the hand so I can shove a bunch of bracelets over it and wear short sleeves because I've noticed people never get suspicious when I wear short sleeves. They could spot a hint of a bandage and still not get wary. I don't know if that'd work for you, though.

Reactions: Enbiecat
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
My right thigh and right hand always take the full force of it for me. Used to be arms, legs, hands and occasionally stomach, but arms gets too many questions so I phased it out over the years.

I tend to scratch my hand with my nails until its raw and bleeding and then pick at that scab for days and days and days. I cut my legs with a razor or pencil sharpener blade, stab it with nail scissors or burn it with lighters. Been the same method pretty much all my self harming life. I also tend to go over and over the same cut many times to get it deeper and then pull it apart so it splits more. Sorry for the graphicness.

Reactions: Enbiecat, charlottewilts, Flau and 1 other person
thepolarbear

thepolarbear

'til we die
Dec 7, 2019
Upper arms was my go-to. My left arm looks like I went a round with Freddy Kruger and lost. Upper arm is easy to hide, since I dont wear shirts without sleeves.

Flau

Flau

i'm so done lmao
Dec 30, 2019
My wrists usually. And hands up to my elbow. These parts of my body are less sensitive so I have almost no troubles hurting myself. I used to cut my thighs too, but seeing my fat legs all the time makes me feel nauseous.
I use razor blades, they are easy to get, cheap, thin and really sharp. Even if I put no pressure, I can still achieve deep cuts. Too bad that my scars remain dark violet for a while after (like 5 months for sure our even more, it depends on the depth) and I have some bad time hiding them.
I dunno, I just enjoy hurting myself and seeing myself in blood. Yeah, hurts pretty much, yet at least it helps to deal with my mental pain and anxiety.

• Hugs
Reactions: Enbiecat and Woodnote
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
My wrists usually. And hands up to my elbow. These parts of my body are less sensitive so I have almost no troubles hurting myself. I used to cut my thighs too, but seeing my fat legs all the time makes me feel nauseous.
I use razor blades, they are easy to get, cheap, thin and really sharp. Even if I put no pressure, I can still achieve deep cuts. Too bad that my scars remain dark violet for a while after (like 5 months for sure our even more, it depends on the depth) and I have some bad time hiding them.
I dunno, I just enjoy hurting myself and seeing myself in blood. Yeah, hurts pretty much, yet at least it helps to deal with my mental pain and anxiety.
Coconut oil is good for reducing scars, I scar dark purple as well and it helps to fade it.

Reactions: Enbiecat and Flau
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Used to cut my arms but not anymore. I usually just hit my face until it becomes red.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts and garcelle
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Quick question: Is it still self harm if you encourage others to hurt you?

• Love
Reactions: exhausted
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Quick question: Is it still self harm if you encourage others to hurt you?

Self harm by proxy, so I guess so.

I used to slice up my left forearm with pencil sharpener blades and then carpet knife blades when I was a kid. I've since taken up smoking so now all the damage is internal and no one can see it!

Added bonus is that it might kill me one day, or so the packaging tells me :))

Reactions: nolifezzz, Enbiecat, charlottewilts and 1 other person
MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
An interesting topic.

I started a month or two ago, with a snap-off type knife I use in modelmaking. I'd rather keep my blades sharp, which makes for better quality models - that, and it took far too much pressure to just break the skin. Which is why more recently I switched to single-edge razors for the erm, *cough* other cutting.

Thighs only, no-one'll ever see it - at least not while I'm still breathing. It's not something I want or feel any need to do often, and even then it's a punishment tool, rather than escapism - the latter is what the modelling is for, lol.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Enbiecat, Finis Autem Spero and charlottewilts
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I used to use glass, but whilst it work, it was smashed glass it was never sharp enough, then I turned to stanley knife blades, but damn they don't cut deep enough! When I don't have either around, a rolling pin (like heavy shit rolling pin) to my thighs works, but damn it no longer bruises but the pain still hits which is all I need tbh!

• Love
Reactions: Enbiecat, MiserableBastard1995 and charlottewilts
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
I used to use glass
i'm glad you don't use glass anymore, it can be quite dangerous.

i hate that i'm seen as a liability around blades for NSSI. i've been cutting my neck and wrists lately, so glad i don't have to live to see summer again. i've worn trousers last summer because of scars, i can't imagine wearing long sleeves and scarves this one!

Jan 2, 2020
My favourite place to self harm was my right wrist but I have a tattoo cover the scars on that arm now.I would normally unscrew a blade from a pencil sharpener and use that.Some days I really wish I didn't get that space tattooed over because it doesn't feel the same anywhere else.I would also sometimes burn myself with a hot tea spoon or a hair clip held over a lighter but I found burns a pain in the ass to heal so I'd go back to cutting.I don't self harm very often anymore,I can go a month or so without it now but when I was younger I would do it everyday or every other day.

• Love
Reactions: Enbiecat, charlottewilts and Soulless_Angel
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I've massacred my arms to the point of no return,so thy are the most frequent target (as the scarring really can't get any worse).
I guess the amount of scar tissue makes it less painful as the cuts have definitely become deeper and more problematic as the years go on.There are scars from burns,cuts and puncture wounds (as I have leant more towards self cannulation in recent years being as it seems to be the blood I crave rather than the injury).
My weapon of choice given the opportunity is usually a brand new razor blade from the pack (I am immunosuppressed so get pretty twitchy about hygiene). But yeah, also employed the pencil sharpener blade (good and strong), various knives (a stanley knife is good) and things like scalpels and even glass.
I feel awful for my parents when they see it. Being a parent myself,I know I would be distraught if I saw my kids had done something like that,but then again,I really have no right to say anything to them at all.

• Love
Reactions: nolifezzz, Enbiecat, Skathon and 1 other person
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
i just received two more surgical scalpels and this huge roll of bandages that i had ordered a few days ago. i bet whoever processed that order was pretty bewildered. i love using scalpels more than anything; too bad they get dull so quickly. i have to sharpen them every dozen cuts or so.

it's so surreal comparing my right arm with my left. the left one is all scabs and scars, while the right one is pristine. i suppose it's a good thing i'm not ambidextrous!

Last edited:
Reactions: nolifezzz, Enbiecat and Skathon
L

Lego31088

Jan 14, 2020
My favorite place is my left arm. It's pretty messed up already, with some nerve damage and extremely visible scars. For some reason it feels less painful to get stitches there than on, for example, my thighs. Besides, I usually hit arteries and/or veins each time, and it's just safer to do that on my arms. (Might seem like a strange thing to consider given the forum I'm on, but I want to CBT on my own terms. Also I'm sorry if that was graphic, I tried to make it as "not graphic" as I could while still being honest).
When it comes to tools... My experience is that it doesn't really matter much to me. As long as it's sharp, I can make it work.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, charlottewilts and SinisterKid
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
My left arm, legs, stomach, chest and upper arms. I use scissors or the blade from a pencil sharpener.