Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Hello guys, I have seen that some users feel that the SS community is becoming toxic or some kind of Reddit, this may be worrying due to the fact that if this is true, it endangers our site so I strongly ask you to That we all do our part to guarantee the maintenance of the pleasant environment that exists here, since many other users feel that this site is a respite for them.

I have also noticed that many users who register in my alternative forum describe that their reasons for it are that they feel that the freedoms that SS has is running out, this does not bother me, I respect the fact that they feel worried, but nothing more far from reality, since it would be disastrous to end the most important pillar of SS, so do not worry both sites, at any moment everything will return to normal, also I trust @RainAndSadness a lot, she knows what she does and as an administrator, does everything possible to keep our site stable, so don't worry too much guys, one thing is for sure: the Internet is safe and free.

Reactions: Mixo, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 6 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Where did you see that people think it's becoming toxic? I've missed the threads/posts.

Reactions: _Minsk and Depressed Cat
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Where did you see that people think it's becoming toxic? I've missed the threads/posts.
If you see the suggestion forum, you will see some stories from other users about it, and in some threads there are users who comment on unwanted things

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Reactions: Mixo, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Skathon
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
We are on the internet where nobody is really held accountable (unless you are famous). You will always have toxicity online unfortunately.

Reactions: justsayin and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
I'm new here. I actually discovered the site from NYT's nasty hit piece.

I don't find any toxicity on this forum, as far as I'm aware.

What concerns me more is that any discussion on methods has been banned now, although I perfectly understand why, as there is an entire gang of tyrannical forces trying to shut this site down (as a new member, I do not have enough privileges yet).

Reactions: _Minsk
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I'm new here. I actually discovered the site from NYT's nasty hit piece.

I don't find any toxicity on this forum, as far as I'm aware.

What concerns me more is that any discussion on methods has been banned now, although I perfectly understand why, as there is an entire gang of tyrannical forces trying to shut this site down (as a new member, I do not have enough privileges yet).
I warmly welcome you to SS, feel free to express yourself freely here

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Tbqhwy the "this is becoming toxic" stuff is not accurate imo, I've not seen any greater degree of toxicity that hasn't existed previously and there will always be a tranch of users who have expressed this opinion, usually without much foundation. I'd even go as far as to say it is occasionally in tandem with some cry-bully type conduct and each statement of this kind needs viewing on its own merits rather than accepted as factual without scrutiny. It'll happen on your website too, given enough time and enough members.

Reactions: justsayin, GrumpyFrog, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Reddit now has the most toxic community I know, in the beginning it was a good site
It depends what subs you frequent, the ones I spend a lot of time in don't have any dickbags starting shit.

Reactions: Judah