• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Purity levels aside, food grade is the same as lab grade, isn't it? I think it's the same chemical structure, NaNO2, I just want to confirm. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: throwaway_2620, MistakesHappen and Sunset Limited
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
I'm not sure if it's the same, but SN is NaNO2. I hope that helps

Reactions: gingerplum
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Purity levels aside, food grade is the same as lab grade, isn't it? I think it's the same chemical structure, NaNO3, I just want to confirm. Thanks in advance!
Yes it is. The food grade goes down to what they add as an anti-caking agent if my reading is correct

Reactions: throwaway_2620 and gingerplum
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
So if I eat shit load of bacon laced in it would it work?

Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
hmm now I wonder how much SN does bacon contain?

Last edited:
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
30kg of bacon will apparently do the job

R

RightToExit

Sep 25, 2019
Purity levels aside, food grade is the same as lab grade, isn't it? I think it's the same chemical structure, NaNO2, I just want to confirm. Thanks in advance!
It should be the same substance. Do check the purity levels though; they also sell nitrite salts for meat treatment online, which has 0.4-0.5% purity.

If you have 99+% food grade SN, it should probably work. I don't imagine they add any additives that can thwart a suicide attempt (but I'm no expert).

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
A month ago, I called a chemical company.

+ Hi. I need SN

- For meet?

+ Yes.

- This is not food grade. This is technical grade.

+ What is purity of your SN?

- 99.5%

+ Thank you.

Thats all. I still don't know the difference.

Food Grade SN purity 99% Yes it is NaNO2

Product description
Size:2 lb Container
Food Grade - Meets the Food Chemicals Codex - ISO 9001 Our sodium nitrite is in granular form, free-flowing and has 0.1% sodium mono and dimethyl naphthalens sulfonates added. This is intended for manufacturing & food use only. It is not for use in drugs. Made & Packaged in the USA. Sodium nitrite (NaNO2) is used as a color fixative. It is white to slightly yellowish. It is very soluable in water and is hygroscopic. When exposed to air, it will slowly oxidize into sodium nitrate. This is a strong oxidizing agent. It is also used in manufacturing diazo dyes, nitroso compounds, and other organic compounds. Also in dyeing and printing textile fabrics and bleaching fibers. In photography, it's used as a laboratory reagent and a corrosion inhibitor. It's also used in metal coatings for phosphatizing and detinning and it is also used in the manufacturing of rubber chemicals. It can also be used as an electrolyte in electrochemical grinding manufacturing processes.

Last edited:
Reactions: gingerplum and Rachel74
M

MistakesHappen

Escapologist
Aug 29, 2018
Yes it is. The food grade goes down to what they add as an anti-caking agent if my reading is correct
Quote, there shouldn't be any problems

Reactions: gingerplum, throwaway_2620 and Rachel74
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
And would the method include making bacon sandwiches and what type of condiments should be used.

I

inthespines

December wind has come my way
Sep 30, 2019
And would the method include making bacon sandwiches and what type of condiments should be used.

Just some blue cheese dip and a few beers and I'd be baconing my way to kingdom come.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Maybe that should go in the partner megathread. "I have bacon but no brie...looking for partner with brie"

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Maybe that should go in the partner megathread. "I have bacon but no brie...looking for partner with brie"
Lol no ketchup partners needed.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
A month ago, I called a chemical company.

+ Hi. I need SN

- For meet?

+ Yes.

- This is not food grade. This is technical grade.

+ What is purity of your SN?

- 99.5%

+ Thank you.

Thats all. I still don't know the difference.

Food Grade SN purity 99% Yes it is NaNO2

Product description
Size:2 lb Container
Food Grade - Meets the Food Chemicals Codex - ISO 9001 Our sodium nitrite is in granular form, free-flowing and has 0.1% sodium mono and dimethyl naphthalens sulfonates added. This is intended for manufacturing & food use only. It is not for use in drugs. Made & Packaged in the USA. Sodium nitrite (NaNO2) is used as a color fixative. It is white to slightly yellowish. It is very soluable in water and is hygroscopic. When exposed to air, it will slowly oxidize into sodium nitrate. This is a strong oxidizing agent. It is also used in manufacturing diazo dyes, nitroso compounds, and other organic compounds. Also in dyeing and printing textile fabrics and bleaching fibers. In photography, it's used as a laboratory reagent and a corrosion inhibitor. It's also used in metal coatings for phosphatizing and detinning and it is also used in the manufacturing of rubber chemicals. It can also be used as an electrolyte in electrochemical grinding manufacturing processes.

I think I've got this figured out in a way that should make sense to everyone:

The difference between "food" grade vs "technical" or "lab" grade has has to do with the way chemicals are processed and levels (or potential levels) of contaminants. An approved process ensures most of the potential harmful contents are removed, if any existed.

Any "food" or consumable grade, will be free of most dangerous toxins, impurities, and contaminants, while lab grade remains a relatively high purity, but may contain small amounts of impurities and/or contaminants.

In the case of final exit, such contaminants aren't anything to be concerned about, so lab, food, or any grade is valid and appropriate for our purposes.

Reactions: Shu, crea_the_hopeless, Ἡγησίας and 3 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019

The difference between "food" grade vs "technical" or "lab" grade has has to do with the way chemicals are processed and levels (or potential levels) of contaminants. An approved process ensures most of the potential harmful contents are removed, if any existed.

Any "food" or consumable grade, will be free of most dangerous toxins, impurities, and contaminants, while lab grade remains a relatively high purity, but may contain small amounts of impurities and/or contaminants.

In the case of final exit, such contaminants aren't anything to be concerned about, so lab, food, or any grade is valid and appropriate for our purposes.

I agree with this. Ginger what do you know about propofol? I found something.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/question-about-anesthesia.23282/#post-429590

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Propofol is a powerful anesthetic used for deep sedation. It's never, ever used outside of an ICU setting with 1:1 nursing care and constant monitoring of heart rate and O2 saturation. It does burn on injection; sometimes lidocaine is used to mitigate that discomfort, but it's not necessary, and according to this study, the resultant pain relief is not very impressive: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10876462/

Propofol comes in a lipid emulsion that gives it an opaque, milky appearance.

The physician that killed Michael Jackson was grievously negligent, not only for using Propofol in a home setting for the purpose of sleep, but for leaving Jackson unattended and unmonitored. If he had even had an O2 sensor clipped to one of his fingers, the alarm would probably have given him the time needed to save or resuscitate Jackson.

Using Propofol for sleep is like using a flamethrower to light a cigarette. It's beyond reckless, completely unnesscessary, and just gross overkill.

Do you think you can get Propofol? That would actually be a very good idea. What's the mg to mL concentration?

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless and Science Is Scary
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
(Stan was about to light his cigarette with a flamethrower, has now opted to use a stick of dynamite in view of what gingerplum said)
The order is as follows: match, BiC lighter, blowtorch, giant lighter, fireworks, dynamite, and flamethrower.

You were wise to step down from flamethrower, and you might even want to consider downgrading to giant lighter:

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Maybe great ideas like this helped them lose the war
Flamethrower

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022

Thanks.