NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

There is no right to heal the wrong
May 3, 2020
I am incredibly thankful for the independent contractors who work through food delivery services such as Door Dash, etc., even though it's not very good for my wallet...

Not because of the virus, but because of my depression. I simply can't bring myself to just hop in my car and go through the drive thru, or cook myself a meal. I feel incredibly useless, but I'm glad that this option is available.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadghost, mediocre, WinterFaust and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't know if this will help, ignore if it doesn't.

I got a bunch of pint and quart containers, and I get groceries delivered once every three weeks and cook up a bunch of meals over a couple of days, separate them into individual serving containers and freeze them. Then I just take the next day's meals out of the freezer, and barely have any dishes to wash once the initial cooking is done.

Most days I don't have the energy to both cook and do dishes, especially if pots and pans get added in, and I also get burned out making a dish and having to eat leftovers over a few days. This keeps up a nice variety of up to eight dishes rotating, plus cereal, and I occasionally supplement with take out or a different dish if I'm in the mood to cook.

Reactions: Fragile, faust, RileyTanaka and 1 other person
RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020

I got a bunch of pint and quart containers, and I get groceries delivered once every three weeks and cook up a bunch of meals over a couple of days, separate them into individual serving containers and freeze them. Then I just take the next day's meals out of the freezer, and barely have any dishes to wash once the initial cooking is done.

Most days I don't have the energy to both cook and do dishes, especially if pots and pans get added in, and I also get burned out making a dish and having to eat leftovers over a few days. This keeps up a nice variety of up to eight dishes rotating, plus cereal, and I occasionally supplement with take out or a different dish if I'm in the mood to cook.
Meal prep for the win. One day of tireless cooking can save 2 weeks worth of headaches and dish washing.

What's your standby, lazy bulk cooking recipe? Mine is chicken and veggies, rice.

• Love
Reactions: Fragile and GoodPersonEffed
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I am envious honestly, I live out in the middle of nowhere where no one will deliver.:aw:

• Aww..
Reactions: WinterFaust, Skathon and NekoNomNom
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Meal prep for the win. One day of tireless cooking can save 2 weeks worth of headaches and dish washing.

What's your standby, lazy bulk cooking recipe? Mine is chicken and veggies, rice.

None of them are either lazy or very difficult. I have several recipes I really like from different cuisines -- Thai, Indian, Mexican, Mediterranean. And I make a couple of salads, quinoa or garbanzo, that are like 12 1-cup servings each. I like really flavorful food, so I don't mind extra effort, but try to cut back on the prep work by getting bags of frozen vegetables for the Thai dish. There are a couple of dishes I have to marinate overnight and I like that it breaks up the effort. I'm really slow at knife work, that's part of why it takes me a couple of days.