F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I had a dream last night that a massive black bird picked me up by the shoulders and flew all over. I knew they were going to do it too. I stood outside waiting for them. I think I've had that dream before too, as well as other flying dreams.

I think flying dreams are common. Do you have them? Do you enjoy them? I kind of enjoy parts of them but there's also usually a point where I remember I can't fly and I get scared.

Dreams are weird though- right? Like- I knew that bird was going to do that. So- I already knew what the content of the dream was going to be before I dreamt it.

It's also weird when you realise you are experiencing a dream. During the pandemic, I often used to dream of being in public places with people who didn't have masks on. I don't think I did either and, I would start to panic but then, remember it was a dream.

I once read that having flying dreams symbolizes that you're attempting the impossible in real life. Lol. Sounds about right.

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002, Sannti, rozeske and 2 others
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
Dreams in which I can fly certainly make for the more interesting dreams. I can still remember the first dream in which I could fly. I had this dream when I was aged in the single digits and the dream took place in an alley street where I used to play football with my friends. In my dream, I had an epiphany and decided to try to fly. I stretched out my arms sideways and started flapping them up and down. Eventually, I lifted myself of the ground. For some reason, the dream was realistic enough that if I stopped flapping then I would fall to the ground, shortly before which I would start flapping again to stay in the air. The interesting part of the dream was that I could visualize the ground below me despite never having seen the street from the perspective of high in the air.

Another time, a few years ago, I had a dream in which I was partnered up with an agent in order to stop some bad guys. He and I had guns and we could fly. Do know those low budget open world games where the developers can't design everything so they add a lot of generic buildings? That's how I visualized the terrain below me, similar to what an industry terrain would look like (hangers, warehouses, grey building cubes, etc.). When we got to the destination, some industry park, we killed the bad guys. And then, in a plot twist, for some reason we were the ones being hunted. I got cornered in one of the warehouses at which point I woke up.

I love dreaming. And I love that I'm partially aware of that I'm dreaming. Daydreaming is fun too but I don't do this a lot. There's an exercise of visualizing yourself and your environment in the third perspective, e.g. from the top corner of your room. Do you see yourself sitting and moving around? Sometimes I look down on myself (visualizing myself from 3rd perspective) just to see how others would see me. In my mind, it's like trying to build an exact replica of the world around me in real-time. It's a replica so it's not perfect: there are missing details. For example, I can only see in front of me so the things that happen behind me are missing. But it's enough for me to enjoy doing it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Usually when I have flying dreams, it always feels exhausting. Like a mix of swimming and jumping. Often times in these dreams I'm always having to run away from someone or something too and no matter how far or how high I fly, it seems like who or whatever is chasing me always seems to be able to catch up to exactly one step behind me and eventually I just give up.

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I had flying dreams but I don't remember much of them anymore. I never had any negative experiences in dreams or that there was sth happening that frightened me. I think I'm often kinda sad that the dreams are not real.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Sounds like a good one, it also seems to symbolize good things if you believe in that sorta thing. I don't think I ever got one of those, my memorable dreams usually consist of the falling dream, the not being able to run or scream, generally the terrifying type that make you relieved and grateful that it's just a dream...mostly they endup making me scream and talk in my sleep and disturb those around me. Flying sounds pretty chill in my book of dreams.

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Dreams in which I can fly certainly make for the more interesting dreams. I can still remember the first dream in which I could fly. I had this dream when I was aged in the single digits and the dream took place in an alley street where I used to play football with my friends. In my dream, I had an epiphany and decided to try to fly. I stretched out my arms sideways and started flapping them up and down. Eventually, I lifted myself of the ground. For some reason, the dream was realistic enough that if I stopped flapping then I would fall to the ground, shortly before which I would start flapping again to stay in the air. The interesting part of the dream was that I could visualize the ground below me despite never having seen the street from the perspective of high in the air.

Another time, a few years ago, I had a dream in which I was partnered up with an agent in order to stop some bad guys. He and I had guns and we could fly. Do know those low budget open world games where the developers can't design everything so they add a lot of generic buildings? That's how I visualized the terrain below me, similar to what an industry terrain would look like (hangers, warehouses, grey building cubes, etc.). When we got to the destination, some industry park, we killed the bad guys. And then, in a plot twist, for some reason we were the ones being hunted. I got cornered in one of the warehouses at which point I woke up.

I love dreaming. And I love that I'm partially aware of that I'm dreaming. Daydreaming is fun too but I don't do this a lot. There's an exercise of visualizing yourself and your environment in the third perspective, e.g. from the top corner of your room. Do you see yourself sitting and moving around? Sometimes I look down on myself (visualizing myself from 3rd perspective) just to see how others would see me. In my mind, it's like trying to build an exact replica of the world around me in real-time. It's a replica so it's not perfect: there are missing details. For example, I can only see in front of me so the things that happen behind me are missing. But it's enough for me to enjoy doing it.

Oh wow, you're dreams are super creative. I'm always stunned at how detailed dreams are. Like- they are a virtual reality. I'm sure I dream of places I've never been to. Plus- yeah- it also puzzles me how we can either see things or do things we can't in real life. Sometimes I can speak foreign languages! It does make me wonder about things like shared consciousness or, past lives.

Ha ha- I've never had to 'flap' to fly in a dream. I'm more super hero style floaty. But, I've definitely had times where I've doubted what I was doing and started to fall. Never hit the ground though. I've heard you die if you do but that's maybe an old wives tale.

I like the way you were on a mission in your flying dreams. Weirdly, I haven't been doing anything in particular in my flying dreams. Just kind of thinking- holy shit! That's high up! They're a nice break though. Mostly I dream I'm failing at something, I'm late for something, I can't find where I need to get to, people are trying to break in to the house (usually a childhood home) and other horrible things.

Can you daydream in so much detail? I can't really. Or, it takes enormous amounts of effort. That's also what's so impressive. It's so effortless to dream but then, it's not something we control either- unless we can lucid dream I guess. But yeah, to create an entire world, a storyline and inhabit it with thoughts and emotions. That is pretty impressive.

Reactions: avoid
N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
Again, I have always felt like the odd one out on this subject because I have never had the so-called common dreams like flying. I believe losing all your teeth is another common one. I have crooked bottoms, so I've only dreamt about something happening to the two bottom teeth that are crooked. My dreams are such random everyday stuff. Although I do have sort of recurring dreams about my best friend from high school. I'm not happy how we left things all those years ago so I feel like it's some sort of indication I want it resolved.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Again, I have always felt like the odd one out on this subject because I have never had the so-called common dreams like flying. I believe losing all your teeth is another common one. I have crooked bottoms, so I've only dreamt about something happening to the two bottom teeth that are crooked. My dreams are such random everyday stuff. Although I do have sort of recurring dreams about my best friend from high school. I'm not happy how we left things all those years ago so I feel like it's some sort of indication I want it resolved.

Yes, I've had that losing teeth dream too. Pretty unpleasant. I've had more flying dreams thankfully but, even they aren't entirely pleasant. They tend to encompass falling as well as flying.

A lot of my dreams are banal though as well. Lots of ones around high school too- which isn't great because it was such a bad time in my life. Quite often, I have some task I need to do but, can't seem to do it because I feel so tired. Or, I can't find the room I'm supposed to get to.

I know what you mean though. Sometimes I wonder if dreams are our brains trying to resolve stuff. Other times, it just feels crazy random.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I have had flying dreams on occasion. I have always interpreted them as a longing for freedom.

• Hugs