DeathKitty

DeathKitty

Miserable
Apr 11, 2024
If yall have experience with fluoxetine can you please write them here. Thank you !

Reactions: davidtorez
FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
I'm taking prozac which is the same thing. From 10mg to 60mg. Not sure if it does anything. I've had periods where I just stopped taking it, then started again. I was last prescribed 60mg daily, but I'm taking 20-40mg most days. Again, not sure it does anything...

Reactions: davidtorez and DeathKitty
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Made me very anxious and increased suicidal thoughts even more but my mom takes it and it helps her a lot

Reactions: davidtorez, failure383, thebelljarrr and 1 other person
prana

prana

Country boy
Jul 15, 2024
It helped me a lot. I can look at things I wrote on days I didn't take it and recognize that I was so depressed I was no longer being rational. But it's also a double-edged sword because I feel like it's harder to feel strongly. So I just don't take it some days when I want to cry to music or something. Because that can be helpful too, getting it all out.

I think if you give it a chance and remember you could always stop taking it you have a chance to really benefit

Reactions: divinemistress36, davidtorez and DeathKitty
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Overdosing on it or taking it as a regular medication? I have experience with both

B

benhurray

Jun 24, 2024
I took it for months, felt no different.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
both maybe, idk atp
It won't kill you if you OD on it, not by itself at least. You'll be very unwell, and possibly for weeks afterwards with serotonin syndrome which is NOT pleasant. It is AWFUL.

I've tried this medication a few times in my life. The first time I was 18 and it helped. I was on it 2 years.

The other times, it didn't do shit, just like no anti depressant doesn't now, and I've tried all sorts since the age of 16 (now 35). Everyone is different. Some medications help, some don't. It depends on each individual

Reactions: divinemistress36 and davidtorez
hellworldprincess

hellworldprincess

death come kind. lay no curse on me.
Jun 29, 2024
Istg, all SSRIs are fucking placebos.
Now, I know that it's said to help some people, but I've taken Fluoxetine, Escitalopram and Sertraline and I never felt like it did anything at all.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, divinemistress36 and davidtorez
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Didn't seem to make any difference to me. Took one course and then stopped because I didn't see the point in continuing.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i was on Prozac for a year didn't do anything for me

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I was on the highest dose for a while, didn't do shit. But I'm insensitive to SSRIs.

mistymoo

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
I've been on it for a few years now and it's the only SSRI that's worked for me. Infact the dose they gave me wasn't strong enough so they amplified it by using Lyrica. Both doses are stupidly high now

Reactions: Szarur-abi
Szarur-abi

Szarur-abi

Apr 25, 2024
Im taking it for 6 years together with Pregabeline, it makes days actually bearable to live, sometimes even enjoyable. It also decrease appetite and makes it easier not to binge eat for me.

I once took it for a month without Pregabeline, i was more energized but less stable and anxious. So i returned to casually taking it with Pregabeline.

Overall, you can try and see how it works for ya, remember that it usually takes a few weeks before you will notice mood improvements (if there will be any)

Reactions: mistymoo
mistymoo

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
Im taking it for 6 years together with Pregabeline, it makes days actually bearable to live, sometimes even enjoyable. It also decrease appetite and makes it easier not to binge eat for me.

I once took it for a month without Pregabeline, i was more energized but less stable and anxious. So i returned to casually taking it with Pregabeline.

Overall, you can try and see how it works for ya, remember that it usually takes a few weeks before you will notice mood improvements (if there will be any)
How high of a dose is your pregabeline if you don't mind me asking? I've never encountered anyone else on both meds

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
It's helped me, and I was extremely skeptical. 20mg/day helps keep wild emotions in check. My shrink upped it to 40mg after a friend died a few months ago but I've lowered myself because it was making me a little too numb.

C

circus22

Jul 11, 2024
The first few weeks were terrible. I felt so much worse and I felt like I was losing my mind. I stopped taking it.

C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
It helped when I was younger but no longer. I took some to try and feel slightly better and I woke up every morning wanting to die even more and more urgently. I still want to ctb but at least I don't need insomnia and rough mornings like that.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Istg, all SSRIs are fucking placebos.
Now, I know that it's said to help some people, but I've taken Fluoxetine, Escitalopram and Sertraline and I never felt like it did anything at all.
I agree. And I have tried all of the ones under the sun. Did absolutely nothing for me. IMO the only med that provides immediate anti-depressant relief is Adderall or Sativa strain marijuana.

Reactions: hellworldprincess
pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
In my experience, it didn't help me at all. Felt no difference when taking them but all bodies are different so the only way you'll know how effective they are is by trying it yourself.

hellworldprincess

hellworldprincess

death come kind. lay no curse on me.
Jun 29, 2024
I agree. And I have tried all of the ones under the sun. Did absolutely nothing for me. IMO the only med that provides immediate anti-depressant relief is Adderall or Sativa strain marijuana.
I take similar meds. Ritalin to make me able to do stuff and weed to take the edge off.
But the weed makes me even more forgetful than I already am, which is kind of a big downside in my everyday life.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
Szarur-abi

Szarur-abi

Apr 25, 2024
How high of a dose is your pregabeline if you don't mind me asking? I've never encountered anyone else on both meds
I dont mind at all
I take 20mg Fluexetine per day, and 75mg pregabeline/day thats lowest possible dosage from what i know