Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Have any of you been prescribed fluoxetine and taken it, if so, for how long and was ot helpful?

Reactions: EricRoche
EricRoche

EricRoche

Apr 7, 2018
Intense weight gain (went from 62 kilos to 68 kilos).

On the other hand, I think it gave me some sort of "placebo confidence".

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Definitelyworried
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
That's weird because I thought one of the side effects was appetite loss.
How long were you on it for, did it hrlp?

Fennoscandia

Fennoscandia

Jul 2, 2018
I am currently taking Fluoxetine, and I haven't experienced any negative side-effects for the three to four months I've been taking it; albeit, I am only taking 20mg. It hasn't been a panacea for my depression, but I feel it has at least made it easier even if only in a minor way.
I feel like I must tell you that SSRIs are different for every person, so take any personal testaments with a grain of salt, this included.

Reactions: BurningLights and agreement
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I take it and it has helped me somewhat, though my thoughts on ending my life are the same taking my meds or no, so take that as you will.

MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
Was on it for about 6.5 years starting at around 15, on 10mg for general anxiety and depression. I'll admit, it helped somewhat. After maybe 4 years it's effectiveness was dropping, so they put me up to 20mg. Later, up to 40mg. What took me years, was to realise is it was making me gain weight, which made my anxiety progressively much worse. Went off it last year when it eventually stopped having any affect at all - besides making me a fat fuck. (now 95kg, 5'6" tall). I'm now very slowly losing it, thank fuck.

I briefly tried Citalopram after going off the Fluoxetine, but found that was also a "fat cunt med", and more importantly, I realised it was only making me vaguely numb. The source of my suicidality is situational. Numbing myself with meds is exactly what society wants from me.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"
-J. Krishnamurti

Reactions: AtLast, Final Escape, M0D and 1 other person
SexualChocolate

SexualChocolate

Jul 5, 2018
Gained weight.Increased thinking of suicidal thoughts.Different meds have different effects on different people.

Reactions: M0D
M

mwu14

Apr 21, 2018
I was on it and other meds with it for several years. Weight gain, increased depression. Got off all the meds, went back to my pre-med weight in a matter of a couple weeks.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
Kogoruhn

Kogoruhn

Student
May 20, 2018
I'm taking fluoxetine more for its side-effects (delayed ejaculation) than as an antianxiety medication lol. It's helping a bit for my condition.

Reactions: AtLast, jerry and M0D
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I freaked out about taking Prozac after I realized it contains fluoride too. Flouride despite what they tell u is not good for you and actually causes illness. It does not strengthen teeth. It actually weakens bones and teeth, makes us more compliant and docile. More controllable. I believe it harms iodine absorption, a nutrient essential to the body. You actually have to buy iodine now because the government took it out of the food supply so many more pple getting cancer, weight problems, and thyroid issues because of low iodine in diet.

Reactions: AtLast

15163703b

Jul 10, 2018
I am on 40 mg and I find I do have appetite loss, increased suicidal thoughts, and really bad nightmares. I think it may help overall but I can't notice its benefits.

Reactions: Final Escape
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
It was my first antidepressant a lot of years ago ever and it triggered a huge hypomania after a while.
I've changed a lot of medicines during the years and now I'm back on 20 mg of fluoxetine, they're ok to go on without too much hassle until I'll CTB.

Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I took paroxetine for a few years. Side effects where quite bad (nightmares,diarrhea,teeth grinding especially during sleep) these lasted for months or even years after quitting.

Now on escitalopram and i get the same benefit as from paroxetine but none of the side effects except for delayed ejaculation but i don't mind that all actually.

I don't really know if these are somewhat the same as fluoxetine.

These are both ssri inhibitors. I realise these are almost candy compared to what some people are prescribed here.

Funny thing is these don't make a dent in my depressive/suicidal toughts. I get these prescribed for an anxiety issue. Never told a doc about my depression for 15yrs+. I'm not really looking for a med to change my thoughts so i leave it as is.

Last edited:
BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
I was prescribed it, I'm guessing it done what it was supposed to, after screwing with my brain with drugs and alcohol, I feel it fixed the damage it done, but then I just carried on breaking myself, but it did work, after a while it made me feel worse so I stopped taking it.

Reactions: Final Escape