• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
Has anyone ever switched from fluoxetine to Escitalopram. Or been on escitalopram I have been suggested it by my consultant. I just wanted to know if anyone thought it was worth it, I am so worried about the unknowns and what if I swap and it doesn't change anything been on fluoxetine for 5 months now. Some benefits not many.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I was on escitalopram from 2016-2018, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I think I was on 75mg when I went off of it, and it had no noticeable impact on my anxiety or depression. Everyone reacts differently to medications though. If you have GAD, it's generally considered a good option. I've known people who have felt their anxiety was well managed on escitalopram, so it's really just up to your symptoms & biology. Finding the right medication can be hard. I'm currently on my seventh antidepressant, so I know getting on something that doesn't work can be frustrating. I'd say trying it is worth it though because you won't know if it works for you unless you try.

Reactions: unknown23
U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
I was on escitalopram from 2016-2018, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I think I was on 75mg when I went off of it, and it had no noticeable impact on my anxiety or depression. Everyone reacts differently to medications though. If you have GAD, it's generally considered a good option. I've known people who have felt their anxiety was well managed on escitalopram, so it's really just up to your symptoms & biology. Finding the right medication can be hard. I'm currently on my seventh antidepressant, so I know getting on something that doesn't work can be frustrating. I'd say trying it is worth it though because you won't know if it works for you unless you try.
Thank you. Yeah trying makes sense. I just wish things were more black and white and more navigable. I have ASD and a lot my anxiety and depression is coming from that. So who knows .

Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Thank you. Yeah trying makes sense. I just wish things were more black and white and more navigable. I have ASD and a lot my anxiety and depression is coming from that. So who knows .
Yeah it's really frustrating how much psychiatry is just trial and error. How much medications will help you can be really hit or miss too since there aren't meds specifically for ASD, but I hope the escitalopram works out. If it doesn't, it may be worth looking into gene testing if your insurance covers it. I had it done through GeneSight, and it's helped my psychiatrist a lot with seeing what kinds of medications might work for me

Reactions: unknown23