barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
This is my first post so I'm sorry if I break any rules

I've been lurking on this site for a few months now after finding it through tantacrul's video, I don't know how to really feel about this website but I think I want to just give it a try to see if it'll make me feel better because it's hard to find anyone to really talk to about this stuff

I have a method planned and practiced but I'm still not sure on doing it, I want to get better but haven't been able to find any way to change my views on life or start to feel better. I'm not really open to trying therapy and medication even if I think I could afford it as I just really don't like the idea of drugs and paying for someone to listen to me.

Does anyone have anything they've done that's helped? The only thing I've heard of apart from therapy and drugs that i think might work is practicing Buddhist thought/ philosophy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Hugs
Reactions: olearius, dazed_dreamer, VioletNight and 4 others
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
You can check the resources thread at the top of the page, also we have a recovery partner thread if you wan't to find people to talk to. People often post their success stories of recovery or what helped them in heir thread don't hesitate to ask them questions

Reactions: CC123
P

Pizarnikishere

Jul 25, 2023
Hey,
I know how you feel, something very similar happened to me. At the moment I am in recovery. If you want, we can chat, you can start using the pms when you have made enough posts (: And welcome!

barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
Hey,
I know how you feel, something very similar happened to me. At the moment I am in recovery. If you want, we can chat, you can start using the pms when you have made enough posts (: And welcome!
Thank you for the message, I'm curious to see what this site has to offer, I'll probably send a pm when I get access to them :)

VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
For me, keeping a goal that I want to achieve actively has helped me keep pushing forward. Doesn't really matter what it is, just something to give myself some purpose. Then when I work on it, even for a little bit, the day doesn't feel wasted.

dazed_dreamer

dazed_dreamer

at the end of everything, hold on to anything
Sep 21, 2023
Hi! Just wanted to give my kudos for giving recovery a try. I'd say talking to a therapist has helped a little bit, and medication a bit more than that. Other than that, I'd say finding community has been the biggest help for me. I'm a college student, which luckily makes it not terribly hard to find people and groups that I can decently find a place within. It's not perfect, I still don't feel super close to people, but not being alone and having small fun events to look forward to is great. My advice would be try to find community in whatever capacity is available to you.
Regardless, I wish you well on your journey.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey
Coldpizza22

Coldpizza22

Crafter
Apr 2, 2023
Healthy gamer has some resources on related stuff dr. K. often uses concepts from eastern psychology

barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
Hi! Just wanted to give my kudos for giving recovery a try. I'd say talking to a therapist has helped a little bit, and medication a bit more than that. Other than that, I'd say finding community has been the biggest help for me. I'm a college student, which luckily makes it not terribly hard to find people and groups that I can decently find a place within. It's not perfect, I still don't feel super close to people, but not being alone and having small fun events to look forward to is great. My advice would be try to find community in whatever capacity is available to you.
Regardless, I wish you well on your journey.
Thank you for the well wishes, so far most people I've talked with and communities I've joined don't really enjoy my company. People try to be nice but deep down I can feel I'm bothering them, maybe I'll find some people that I can be useful to soon but for now it's hard to find any people to connect with on any level

• Hugs
Reactions: dazed_dreamer
O

olearius

wannabe polymath
Jun 25, 2023
I have nothing to suggest, but I would like to say I wish you the absolute best.

It's a very tough journey for all of us as we struggle to want to live.

So I hope for all the ease and comfort as you start to explore living. I wish for understanding and compassion for your needs. And I hope you find this community to be safe, as I have.