Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024
I'm not convinced these people can really help me.
I really regret telling anyone about how I was feeling, I still want to die and now I've made it much harder and the people around me are going to be a lot sadder if/when it happens
One good thing at least is I've finally switched back to my old meds, thank god

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, Forever Sleep, potablewater784 and 2 others
No More Tears

No More Tears

I'm tired of missing the bus.
Jul 26, 2024
About 25 years ago, after a suicide attempt, I was sent to a psych ward for several weeks. The next day after I wake up, they had all us nuts in group therapy, and the deal was we had to take turns, say our name, why we were there, and how we were feeling at that moment.

I was the fifth or sixth person in line, and the doc says it's your turn. I didn't say anything and he rambled on about why we were there and how this helps relieve our feelings of pain we are going through.

So just to shut him up, I said, "My names not important, why I'm here is none of these assholes business, and as for how I feel? Right now I wish a fucking gas truck would run into this fucking building and blow us all to fucking hell."

I swear I heard every jaw hit the floor! That ended group therapy for the day, and I was no longer asked to attend.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: thesaddestgirl, darkandtwisty, rotten and 7 others
Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024
About 25 years ago, after a suicide attempt, I was sent to a psych ward for several weeks. The next day after I wake up, they had all us nuts in group therapy, and the deal was we had to take turns, say our name, why we were there, and how we were feeling at that moment.

I was the fifth or sixth person in line, and the doc says it's your turn. I didn't say anything and he rambled on about why we were there and how this helps relieve our feelings of pain we are going through.

So just to shut him up, I said, "My names not important, why I'm here is none of these assholes business, and as for how I feel? Right now I wish a fucking gas truck would run into this fucking building and blow us all to fucking hell."

I swear I heard every jaw hit the floor! That ended group therapy for the day, and I was no longer asked to attend.
Alright.

danzk

danzk

Apr 27, 2023
I'm not convinced these people can really help me.
I really regret telling anyone about how I was feeling, I still want to die and now I've made it much harder and the people around me are going to be a lot sadder if/when it happens
One good thing at least is I've finally switched back to my old meds, thank god
to me, group therapy doesn't make sense, if it's already difficult to open up to just one person, imagine several.

Reactions: J&L383, failure383, Beyond_Repair and 1 other person
Jon Arbuckle

Jon Arbuckle

Aspiring Corpse
Jul 23, 2024
to me, group therapy doesn't make sense, if it's already difficult to open up to just one person, imagine several.
Exactly! I felt so fucking awkward having to share my feelings to so many damn strangers.

Reactions: J&L383 and potablewater784
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
I did group for a hot second, I didn't mind it too much but I really do hate being vulnerable in any sense so I don't think it did much for me. I think group is best for people who are struggling with feeling alone.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair and Jon Arbuckle
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I hated group therapy, I.couldnt relate to anybody

Reactions: thesaddestgirl
unwilling_lich

unwilling_lich

emo mcgee
Jan 1, 2024
generally i hate em, but i had one intensive outpatient group that i had to see for a while, after embarrassing myself over sharing things that were too much for the group i finally connected kinda ig, but maybe its just cuz i viewed it as something to do and do arts n crafts at and eat free food

seriously, one patient was a chef and made us tamales, let me take home all the leftovers cuz i was homeless

idk what my point is, but i got garfield in my banner too, so solidarity

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon Arbuckle
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I did group for a hot second, I didn't mind it too much but I really do hate being vulnerable in any sense so I don't think it did much for me. I think group is best for people who are struggling with feeling alone.
Tried it once, too. Maybe it works for some but it was/is not my bag. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 3/4Dead