• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Hey all,

While I am no longer suicidal (as of recent), I need some advice on where to store my firearm. Part of my ability to function is having easy access to a reliable method (my firearm) and knowing with high confidence that I would be able to readily check out should things become far too unbearable to me. My living arrangement will be changing at the end of December, so I have 2 months to figure out where to relocate my firearms. There is a possibility that I will either move back home to parents and they are anti-gun (in fact, they don't even have knowledge of me owning a firearm and I operate under the idea of 'what they don't know, won't hurt them'. It's better if they don't know in order to keep the peace), or if I move in with another roommate, they may/not be cool with firearm ownership (or if the landlord isn't ok with it - depending on the property and lease terms).

I had some people suggest storing it with a licensed gun dealer/firearms store, however, I think that presents another conundrum as I have heard somewhere that if someone stores a firearm with an FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer, then every time the firearm is transferred from the FFL to the person, the person has to fill out an Form 4473, just to pick up one's own firearm. They have to do it EACH TIME they retrieve it (repairs, storage, whatever reason, etc.) or whenever it changes hands from customer to FFL dealer. I have thought about timing my move home date so that I can move my firearm (which is in a gun case, locked) into my bedroom at my parents' place (without risking them finding out), but that is risky since I would have to know when my parents are out of the house altogether before I do so.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what is the best way to go about this, such that I am still able to keep my firearm readily available. I really, really don't wish to part ways with my firearm because having assurance that I can reliably and readily check out if things in the future ever get to be as bad they were before (or worse) is a HUGE relief for me.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Bumping the topic. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
If it's a hand gun I saw someone put it inside a book. You know how people cut out pages to fit the shape of something inside a book like a bottle of booze? That's what one guy did. Just a thought.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Find a secluded place nearby, like a wooded area, and bury it then you can return to dig it up whenever

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
HannahB

HannahB

Death is the true name of time.
Oct 29, 2019
Just get a chest and put them in there with blankets at the foot of your bed.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@Sweet emotion, no, it's a shotgun, which is inside a gun case, so not exactly easy to move about without drawing attention.

@snowman626 Hmm, that seems like an interesting idea, however, I don't know many places where I could do that without drawing attention. Also, I need to consider that it would be winter (snow/sleet/icy rain) and also when the weather changes it may affect the firearm itself. Finally, there is a risk of someone who could dig it up and claim it themselves, then I'd be out of a firearm. :(

@HannahB Yeah, my gun is in a gun case currently and where I am at, not even the landlady/home owner knows (I got my method back from last December, in 2018) and I think of don't ask, don't tell in this scenario because what they don't know won't affect them (it's better to keep it that way). As far as moving back home, I suppose that could work (assuming my parents' don't snoop about my bedroom since I am an adult now - but I never know, because they do occasionally clean out the house time to time, so it may be 'discovered' which won't be good.). The worst situation is my parents finding out after I move home (in 2 months of time) and then having to explain why I bought a shotgun. I mean, I could claim that I had it from over a year ago and planned to sell it and not mention CTB. Then again, it's possible that since my parents know about my mental health and they don't believe I am fit to own firearms, it just won't go well.

With regards to moving it into the house, I would need to find a time where both parents aren't home and then quietly and inconspicuously move the firearm into my bedroom at my parents' home (easier said than done). My parents' home is in a middle class neighborhood by the way, so I am not sure if that has any bearing on how nosy the neighbors might be...

Detour

Detour

Detour Ahead
Oct 25, 2019
I had a trusted friend hold on to my rifle and shotgun when things became tough

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
I wished I had someone like that IRL. Sadly, I do not and most people I know are usually anti-gun people or at best, ambivalent. I think my best option now might be to secretly move it into my bedroom at my parents' home and keep quiet the best I can. If found out, I could claim that I planned to sell my firearm (as a defense/alibi/reason for owning a firearm), but I would like to avoid such a situation to begin with.

Reactions: Detour