• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Post any questions or knowledge about firearm suicides below.

This also includes black powder gun.

Reactions: Lizzie S., Kogoruhn and lv-gras
G

GoneSoon2

Sep 12, 2018
What's the difference between a handgun and a shotgun?

Reactions: Trashcan and lv-gras
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
A handgun is usually a pistol or revolver and considered a sidearm. It is much more easily concealable and usually comes in 9mm, .45 ACP, .40, .38 (revolver), .357 (revolver), etc. Also, the bullet does not spread, unlike a shotgun. It also has less recoil than a shotgun.

A shotgun is a long gun, can be as long as a rifle, but mainly, a shotgun is extremely lethal at close range and when one shell is spent, it spreads because the shell contains many pellets (depending on the load and shot). Buckshot and slugs are really, really lethal and people who use a shotgun, almost always have a near 100% success rate. It would be very hard to mess up an attempt with a shotgun, unless you aim incorrectly. The recoil is much, much heavier than the pistol though.

I can get really technical about it, but I'll leave that to other gun experts as they know even more than I do.

Reactions: siray, lv-gras and Trashcan
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
If you do this method, I would recommend you do it in the mouth and point at a 15 degree angle upwards as to hit your brain stem. You also don't have to worry about it going through your skull. Do not shoot yourself under the chin. Many people survive that way.

Hitting the brain stem is basically like a switch. It controls all vital functions such as breathing and heart rate. So if you obliterate it, you'll instantly die and no one can revive you.

Reactions: siray and Lizzie S.
VincentValentine

VincentValentine

Student
Sep 27, 2018
So it sounds like a shotgun is better to use than a handgun. It's just tricky, because the barrel for the shotgun is so long. How do you point/hold the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger? Because the trigger is far from the end of the gun. I've heard of people using their toes or using a piece of string but that sounds a little silly and potentially unreliable.

How do you control the recoil? I would hate to have the shotgun move the aim due to the recoil and live through it in agony.

Will a 20 gauge do the job or should I absolutely get the 12 gauge? The 20 has less recoil, is less intimidating, and more comfortable. The late Kurt Cobain did it with a 20 gauge.

Should I use buckshot or slugs? Some say slugs are more powerful, but buckshot spreads. So I figure with buckshot, I'm more likely to hit the brainstem.

Reactions: Trashcan
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
You can create a sawed-off shotgun I suppose...I mean they're illegal but you're not using it to rob a bank or anything, you're using it to kill yourself. It's still a long reach but it's better than having to pull the trigger with a toe and having it slip.

Reactions: lv-gras
VincentValentine

VincentValentine

Student
Sep 27, 2018
You can create a sawed-off shotgun I suppose...I mean they're illegal but you're not using it to rob a bank or anything, you're using it to kill yourself. It's still a long reach but it's better than having to pull the trigger with a toe and having it slip.

Thanks for the rec. I'm not that technically apt though.

Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018

How do you saw it off? I'm going to use a muzzleloader and those things are long.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
http://americanshootingjournal.com/make-sawed-off-shotgun/

literally google "how to make a sawed-off shotgun"

I don't know much about guns and don't know what a muzzleloader is (other than the name which implies it gets loaded through the end that shoots (lol) as opposed to a cartridge chamber).

Reactions: lv-gras and Trashcan
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I wonder how well something like this would work

Attachments

• 9BF89A82-3BA8-4057-8B24-EC458E6AC108.jpeg
    9BF89A82-3BA8-4057-8B24-EC458E6AC108.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 45
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
It would be very hard for me to get this at best, but maybe i can use something else ...

I've read a couple of descriptions. I have absolutely no experience with firearms and doubt if I could do the 'gun through the open mouth' correctly. Then, there is the recoil that needs to be managed.

What about a heavy caliber bullet, fired from the side of the head through the brain stem ? What about the recoil ? Will the recoil instantly change the angle of the shot ?

Reactions: Trashcan, Lizzie S. and lv-gras
AceOfSpadesCTB

AceOfSpadesCTB

Oct 9, 2018
I recently bought a 12 gauge shotgun and a shell that shoots both a slug and three 00 buckshot so I can ctb later this month. From my experience firing various calibers and firearm types, the recoil isn't going to affect your shot, but anticipating the recoil will. It's one reason why through the back of the mouth should be easier, as it gives you no room to flinch. Since this shotgun is for home defense, it has a very short barrel, so reach hasn't been an issue.

From what I understand, getting over the fear of pulling the trigger is the hardest part... I'm hoping all of my practice with the shotgun in my mouth and pulling the trigger dry will make it easier. If not, I'm looking into CO in my car as a backup option.

(Edit: wording to clarify the gun is for using on myself, not on others)

Last edited:
AceOfSpadesCTB

AceOfSpadesCTB

Oct 9, 2018
So it sounds like a shotgun is better to use than a handgun. It's just tricky, because the barrel for the shotgun is so long. How do you point/hold the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger? Because the trigger is far from the end of the gun. I've heard of people using their toes or using a piece of string but that sounds a little silly and potentially unreliable.

How do you control the recoil? I would hate to have the shotgun move the aim due to the recoil and live through it in agony.

Will a 20 gauge do the job or should I absolutely get the 12 gauge? The 20 has less recoil, is less intimidating, and more comfortable. The late Kurt Cobain did it with a 20 gauge.

Should I use buckshot or slugs? Some say slugs are more powerful, but buckshot spreads. So I figure with buckshot, I'm more likely to hit the brainstem.

At the range any of us would be using a shotgun (or in theory a large handgun that shoots shells) the spread of the shot should be meaningless compared to a slug. There would be some minor movement of each individual shot, but because of the distance between the barrel and my head, it won't have time to fan out from the barrel in the way shotguns are typically portrayed. The spread usually stays tightly grouped at 30 feet from what I've seen.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
hollow point bullets are best

K

Kellogg's

Oct 9, 2018

At point blank buckshot won't have enough distance in order to spread at all, so slug and 00 buck are the same in practice when it comes to ctb.

Reactions: siray, Delaying, Trashcan and 2 others
AceOfSpadesCTB

AceOfSpadesCTB

Oct 9, 2018
Update on my plan. I'm going to try and get 00 buckshot instead of the slug rounds I ended up buying. (Local stores were out of the slug / buckshot combo). I'm concerned about the slug overpenetrating a tree behind me if I can't find a thick enough one, and the 00 buckshot is less likely to do that.

BlueDream77

BlueDream77

Aug 26, 2020
I was looking at picking up a 22. What's the odds I survive placed behind the ear??