Nagito

Nagito

May 25, 2022
Just wondering if anyone else here has played because I wanted to hear what people think with most likely similar views to mine on ctb.

I loved it a lot but I think I loved it more before the twist (still love it a lot though). I want to discuss it more but I also don't want to spoil any of it unless someone wants to talk about it in this thread. If you're looking for a game that is cathartic with heartache I definitely recommend it. Its one of the ones I wish I could keep experiencing for the first time forever

Last edited:
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Funny, I just learned this game existed last night, and that it's the work of OMOCAT who I used to loosely keep tabs on a freaking decade ago. What're the odds?

It looks pretty neat, kind of like this Earthbound-meets-Celeste kind of thing. Glad to hear from someone on this forum that it's legit; helps confirm those overwhelmingly positive Steam reviews are actually worth a damn, haha.

Reactions: Nagito
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
Oh yessss I loved this game. The twist got me, I didn't see it coming, and the album made me almost cry every time. It's so wholesome and so sad at the same time!
Fucking nice game omg
I've got the "good" ending btw

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I'd like a modern day take on earthbound. That would be good.

J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
I like Omori. I binged through it not long after it released. It's a good game, and I really like the different settings and atmosphere. I did have issues with the pacing during a second playthrough.

I agree, I was also disappointed with the plot "twist." Hard to relate to a character with that kind of problem, although I understand the need for drama in the story. I think most people become hikikomori for relatively trivial and mundane reasons, at least on the surface, a kind of death by a thousand cuts, rather than a single extremely traumatic event.

Nagito

Nagito

May 25, 2022
Funny, I just learned this game existed last night, and that it's the work of OMOCAT who I used to loosely keep tabs on a freaking decade ago. What're the odds?

It looks pretty neat, kind of like this Earthbound-meets-Celeste kind of thing. Glad to hear from someone on this forum that it's legit; helps confirm those overwhelmingly positive Steam reviews are actually worth a damn, haha.

It's a very neat game and I'd definitely check it out if you're interested. I think they might be having a sale on steam right now, but the experience of playing on switch gave me nostalgia for playing Gameboy games that fit with the vibe.

The art style is very earthbound-y and I believe OMOCAT took inspiration from it, but I haven't played much of earthbound so I couldn't say for sure. If you do end up playing I'd love to hear what you think!
Oh yessss I loved this game. The twist got me, I didn't see it coming, and the album made me almost cry every time. It's so wholesome and so sad at the same time!
Fucking nice game omg
I've got the "good" ending btw
I couldn't believe it while I was uncovering it and I had to look it up just to make sure. I didn't see that coming at all either. And god yes that album, I've been listening to the final duet all day... And the final boss music đź’”

I also got the good ending thankfully! Along with the little secret ending scene. I was terrified the whole game of something bad happening to our elusive boy and thought for sure I messed up when I was fighting him haha
I like Omori. I binged through it not long after it released. It's a good game, and I really like the different settings and atmosphere. I did have issues with the pacing during a second playthrough.

I agree, I was also disappointed with the plot "twist." Hard to relate to a character with that kind of problem, although I understand the need for drama in the story. I think most people become hikikomori for relatively trivial and mundane reasons, at least on the surface, a kind of death by a thousand cuts, rather than a single extremely traumatic event.
I felt this so much, the whole time I was playing I really felt for what everyone was going through but then I felt a disconnect when it did the rug-pull.

I think after sitting with it for awhile I've come to empathize a little more again, especially after reading the texts for the second set of pictures, but I still definitely felt more deeply for their suffering before the twist. I liked seeing the aftermath and feeling confused with the friend group as to why it happened the way we all thought it did. It also helps that it's more plausible.

Last edited:
Reactions: jandek
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
No but I just looked it up and read about it. Fucking Crazy...I was obsessed with the Earthbound (or Mother) series for a while...in particular the character or adversary/antagonist of Giygas. Just that being/entities whole persona really tripped me out in a way I could relate to. I think they said it/he was an extraterrestrial...I can't remember much else...I know @ the end he/it is supposedly the embodiment of pure evil...they said his power could not be grasped but I think all he truly wanted was love or to be loved...."a being deserving of love or that deserved to be loved...."

He was emoji (emotional) towards Maria or something...

Last edited:
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Nagito