A

ATownSerenity

Apr 23, 2020
I want to start with "Does anyone feel like [...]", but I'm sure that on this website with thousands of users, there's at least one who feels the same. Not something unique to myself, but I've always liked a satisfying finality. All the best things in life know where to end, whether it's a planned TV show that does not go on for ten seasons too many, a restaurant that keeps a tight menu, or a meeting that ends right before there's any awkwardness. I'm a finance/economics student in school and I think of the basic theories of optimal consumption bundles and efficiency.

It seems more logical to just go out now, while I'll still be remembered as a loved somebody with a promising future. I typed up this whole thing about where I am in life, how I worked hard to get back to where I should be, and how it'll unwind eventually due to its weak foundation, but my individual points are irrelevant to most people. We're all on the same planet. Most of us, even if we live in different socio-economic conditions, will face the climate/general populace wealth decline in the upcoming decades.

I think of
and the system that the team designed where everyone was able to pass on when they felt like they were ready. It's that feeling that Jason, Chidi, and Eleanor experienced on their own at their own points when living any longer would only feel like an unneeded extension.

That seems so nice. I feel like the general populace would be so much happier if euthanasia was allowed for a similar purpose. We'd be able to spend every bit of the remaining money we had left and maximize their utility to ourselves. I have a little more than $10k in my bank account and while it's not a lot, it's definitely enough for a good finale.

I hate that I'm going to have to witness this decline when things are beautiful as they are now. My character arc is over; please write me off.

• Hugs
Reactions: OopsIdidntwanttodie