Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
After having a bunch of expenses I've ran low on money and will soon be down to my last $1,000 so I've started to look for a job again even though it's temporary. It's such a hard thing to do though since there's just hardly no jobs in small towns.

I feel one of the biggest issues is for my area having a somewhat recent tourism boom which has led to it being harder to find jobs. The other issue is a lot of companies haven't gotten up-to-date therefore they don't have websites to apply online. I know I can walk in and apply usually but I'm scared lol.

The pay is also terrible with the average pay being under $15 hourly (closer to $12) even with a job I have to be very tight with money which sucks because any semi-large expense can delay me weeks if not months. Thankfully once my car is sold I have no debt so aside from food and house bills I have no expenses.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
The tourism industry has always been low paid ( I live in a well known tourist area ) but demand for workers is consistent and there are ways to add to your basic wage, tips from customers are the biggest bonus, café/restaurant staff here combine tips and share them equally at the end of their shift plus there's usually free meals included therefore also saving money on food bills, do you think by selling your car it could put you at a disadvantage should you need to travel further to work/look for work or even give you somewhere to sleep if anything was to happen with your house...eviction or something for example.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
The tourism industry has always been low paid ( I live in a well known tourist area ) but demand for workers is consistent and there are ways to add to your basic wage, tips from customers are the biggest bonus, café/restaurant staff here combine tips and share them equally at the end of their shift plus there's usually free meals included therefore also saving money on food bills, do you think by selling your car it could put you at a disadvantage should you need to travel further to work/look for work or even give you somewhere to sleep if anything was to happen with your house...eviction or something for example.
My car is just for pleasure I have a paid for truck that has been a reliable daily driver. Since it's a sports car it's my biggest expense in multiple different ways especially insurance due to me being in my early 20s. All my other expenses excluding rent is under $500 a month so even a low wage job would suffice to keep me afloat.

I can definitely work if needed I'm just being picky and lazy instead of taking the easiest to get jobs.

Reactions: the old man
UnrepentantSunrise

UnrepentantSunrise

Feb 15, 2024
I feel you man, finding anything in a rural area is tough, be it work or if you've got any kind of hobby or special interest that isn't like, wine tasting lol

Reactions: Leavesfromthevine