• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I suppose this is kind of a broad topic, and I'm not sure how to encompass it properly in this little box I have to type in. But in short, I never really could work out what I was supposed to do with my life. I never wanted children; it feels difficult and unrewarding, and I like the idea of always having freedom and privacy without anyone nipping at my ankles. Truth be told, even my cat bugs me at times, so I know I'm not cut out for the job. I also can't really take care of myself, so I always felt like I have no right to have kids. Besides which, I do sort of lean towards the antinatalist movement, even though part of me thinks it's a bit twisted and nihilistic at times.

This does beg the question as to what the hell my currency in life is, though. Most people want to settle down and have a family, and I don't. So I often catch myself thinking "what's the goal here? Work hard for the next 30 years just to have a bigger couch to lay on at the end of the day?" It's like there's this void that I have no idea how to fill. I feel odd and childish firing up a video game or dumb horror movie on Netflix. Like on some level I think I should have outgrown that, but in the absence of anything bigger to focus on, it doesn't seem like there's anything left other than mindless escapism.

I guess I feel like there's very little incentive to better myself or improve my circumstances, even though I'm desperately trying. I don't want to be seen as an embarrassment or failure by my family, and I like having a cushy life with my gf. But I just can't see any meaningful future ahead of me. I was never a super nice guy or anything IRL, so I can't see myself ever volunteering in a soup kitchen or anything like that. I imagine this is a pretty common feeling, but I know a lot of the userbase is younger than me, so this might be on people's radars yet.

Anyone feel the same or have any insight to offer?

• Love
Reactions: quiet35, lemmeeleev, Jodes and 8 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It's because you are not free that u feel this way. The US has been being destroyed for decades because it's actually very Communist. It used to be great here but now they destroyed the value of the currency, the healthcare system is not about keeping u healthy, state education not designed to prepare u for life, it's there to enslave u.
There's a lot more that the controllers of the US do to undermine freedom and quality of life but that's just a few.

How can anybody think they have a sustainable future in a system like this. This really began in like the last 40 years, the gradual destruction of the US at least. I would like to move because I'm scared of our government. It's only governments that can put people in concentration camps and genocide the people. Basically we will see Venezuela like conditions here at some point. I wish I could move but I can't because can't afford to.
It's like that everywhere though, believe me I've seen it. Every country is basically interconnected, or soon will be. We only have small freedoms left, irrespective of where we live. And while I don't necessarily believe in this Doomsday hyperinflation scenario (and yes I've watched the YT videos), I think the financial system (and just about every other system) is totally screwed up. But that's not what I was posting about.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Jodes, WOODESITY and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It's like that everywhere though, believe me I've seen it. Every country is basically interconnected, or soon will be. We only have small freedoms left, irrespective of where we live. And while I don't necessarily believe in this Doomsday hyperinflation scenario (and yes I've watched the YT videos), I think the financial system (and just about every other system) is totally screwed up. But that's not what I was posting about.
I psyched myself up sorry for that response lol! But yea, sorry to be all doom n gloom.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
The US has been being destroyed for decades because it's actually very Communist.
I'm currently not seeking work, neither do I get any assistance from our marvellously wonderful caring government, I'd rather they spend the money on themselves tbh.
It crosses my mind to look for a job, why though? I'd only be working for the sake of working, just as I live for the sake of living.
It's all one big charade of people going through the motions until they draw their last breath, I don't think humanity was supposed to go down the road we are currently on, it seems to me to be a dead end street with nothing at the end.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, WOODESITY, Redt2go and 5 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I suppose this is kind of a broad topic, and I'm not sure how to encompass it properly in this little box I have to type in. But in short, I never really could work out what I was supposed to do with my life. I never wanted children; it feels difficult and unrewarding, and I like the idea of always having freedom and privacy without anyone nipping at my ankles. Truth be told, even my cat bugs me at times, so I know I'm not cut out for the job. I also can't really take care of myself, so I always felt like I have no right to have kids. Besides which, I do sort of lean towards the antinatalist movement, even though part of me thinks it's a bit twisted and nihilistic at times.

This does beg the question as to what the hell my currency in life is, though. Most people want to settle down and have a family, and I don't. So I often catch myself thinking "what's the goal here? Work hard for the next 30 years just to have a bigger couch to lay on at the end of the day?" It's like there's this void that I have no idea how to fill. I feel odd and childish firing up a video game or dumb horror movie on Netflix. Like on some level I think I should have outgrown that, but in the absence of anything bigger to focus on, it doesn't seem like there's anything left other than mindless escapism.

I guess I feel like there's very little incentive to better myself or improve my circumstances, even though I'm desperately trying. I don't want to be seen as an embarrassment or failure by my family, and I like having a cushy life with my gf. But I just can't see any meaningful future ahead of me. I was never a super nice guy or anything IRL, so I can't see myself ever volunteering in a soup kitchen or anything like that. I imagine this is a pretty common feeling, but I know a lot of the userbase is younger than me, so this might be on people's radars yet.

Anyone feel the same or have any insight to offer?
I think it is totally rational to feel this way! There is no point to life, it is just something people come up with to try to justify how shitty it is. I posted this a while ago but this is one of my favorite memes:

4FTY1fr.jpg

Reactions: Circles, WOODESITY, Johnnythefox and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I think it is totally rational to feel this way! There is no point to life, it is just something people come up with to try to justify how shitty it is. I posted this a while ago but this is one of my favorite memes:

4FTY1fr.jpg
I think of this meme alot lolol

Reactions: WOODESITY and NumbItAll
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I think the challenge is to figure out what one will experience as meaning & I don't think there is an objective answer to that.
Take, for example an artist who gets totally engrossed in his work, but then decends into a pit of depression between projects.

Further, meaning is transitory. Pop your head above the bubble of meaning and it is gone. Ordinary folks often just live in the bubble and don't think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnythefox and Angst Filled Fuck Up