• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

alexithymia (JJ)

alexithymia (JJ)

for all you know, we could be dead by tomorrow.
Jun 22, 2023
Finally seeing a Psychiatrist tommrow. Been about 20 or so years in the making.

Any advice on how to approach it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Stormy Raine and pole
meeks

meeks

Why hello there
Jul 22, 2023
My best advice to be open. If you hid things and lie, you will only make things harder to fix and complicate the situation. What I mean to be open is not just to be open with what you say but what you are told. For example, if your psychiatrist says something you highly disagree with, think of why you disagree with it and why you would agree with it. Avoid bias.

That's all! My best wishes to your well-being ^^

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I wish I could go back in time and never see my first psychiatrist/con artist. Good luck.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
Finally seeing a Psychiatrist tommrow. Been about 20 or so years in the making.

Any advice on how to approach it?
Just be open and honest. Since you are familiar with how this goes, prepare to be quickly asked about your childhood (usually are the most difficult times for many and difficult to tell a stranger.) I usually ask the psychiatrist can we please start with the now and work our way slowly to my childhood as it's difficult to bring those memories back up. I've never had a psychiatrist say no we have to start here. They simply want to build a trusting relationship and see how they can be of the best service to you. One simply said, start where you like. So overall you have control of when and how you want your sessions to go, most importantly be sure you are comfortable and everything should be fine.

Reactions: olearius
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
So how did it go? Would you like to share any updates?