R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Where is the best place to see schematics of how this all fits? Or hopefully, instructions, or a video?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have a schematic of an exit bag setup on my blog.

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I have a schematic of an exit bag setup on my blog.

The August 10th entry?
I have an Olsen flowmeter, which is for helium, argon and CO2. I was thinking that there would be three nozzles or at least a switch for the different gases. How do I make sure I'm on the argon calibrated one?

Last edited:
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
When using nitrogen with an argon flow meter, the flow rate should be set at around 12.5LPM. Full calculations are provided on my blog.

Please provide an (enlarged) photograph of the flow meter. I am unfamiliar with that brand.

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
When using nitrogen with an argon flow meter, the flow rate should be set at around 12.5LPM. Full calculations are provided on my blog.

Please provide an (enlarged) photograph of the flow meter. I am unfamiliar with that brand.

Thanks to some PM help, I was able to get it put together correctly. Thank you, too.

Reactions: LADY007 and Greenberg
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Now I think I've got the bag end and the cylinder end all set. Just have to connect the tubing to the bag.

But, with my lack of knowledge, I'm sitting here wondering how do you turn on the gas? Do you twist the nozzle on top or do you use the flowmeter somehow?

Are there directions somewhere?

Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
It depends on which type of flow regulator you have:

Industrial regulator w/ Column Flow Meter: (1) turn on the gas by slowly turning the wheel on the cylinder; (2) adjust the flowmeter to the desired flow rate; (3) don your mask or bag.

Click-style medical flow regulator: (1) if you want, you can don your mask or bag; (2) set the flow meter to the desired flow rate; (3) turn on the gas by slowly turning the wheel on the cylinder

Reactions: rancho
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
How did you manage to get a hold of NO?

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Who mentioned about securing NO?

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I have no idea. Only dentists make regular use of it.
me, I mean I can get a hold of small, whipcream sized containers, but anything larger is very difficult, at least in the US.
me, I mean I can get a hold of small, whipcream sized containers, but anything larger is very difficult, at least in the US.
Why NO, may I ask?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
I have no idea. Only dentists make regular use of it.

Why NO, may I ask?
I mean I feel like the opus of explanation lies on the person who's blog reads "Nirtrogen Exit." So I dunno, you tell me...

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I mean I feel like the opus of explanation lies on the person who's blog reads "Nirtrogen Exit." So I dunno, you tell me...
Hmm...it would make a good laugh!!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993