PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I have what I need for either SN or partial hanging. My financial affairs are in order, I resigned from my job many weeks ago, and I've packed up my apartment. The COVID sheltering in place has made it easy to prepare without raising suspicion.

What is delaying me is the plan for being found, allowing enough time to fully die while not rotting away in my apartment for days or weeks. As I've posted before, I live alone and have a very solitary life. If someone calls or texts and I don't return it, it wouldn't raise suspicion.

I was thinking of CTBing in a hotel. If I pick a local one, I've read this looks suspicious. However, I would say my apartment is being repainted or having some remodeling done. I've also thought of going to Las Vegas and staying at a nice hotel. I read there are estimated to be hundreds or thousands of suicides in LV hotels each year, but the resorts keep this quiet...same way the nearby (to me) Golden Gate Bridge does not publicize suicides. LV hotels are almost blasé about suicides they happen so often.

If I do this in LV, I'd do it in the bathroom, taping a note to the bathroom door to alert housekeeping to contact authorities. The cremation company I am contracted with is nationwide and has a branch in LV. My body could be cremated there and my remains sent to my sister...cheaper then shipping a body.

If I go to LV I was concerned taking a rope through TSA. However, I'm using a mountain climbing rope. I bought a book on climbing and a few small climbing tools, with a gift bag and birthday card. If questioned I'll say I'm going to celebrate a friend's birthday. He wants to get into climbing.

I am concerned getting the SN through TSA though. It's not illegal, but they may question it. I have TSA Pre which is a bit less stringent so maybe it's not an issue. I live 8 hours from LV and have thought about renting a car to drive there to avoid airport security. Don't want to drive my own car, it would be a hassle for my family to retrieve it.

CTBing outside my apartment would also not tie up my home with the standard investigation. Though when they enter and see packing boxes and my detailed note and instructions for my personal and financial affairs, it should be clear this was a planned suicide and not a murder or otherwise questionable death.

Seems a bummer to go to LV and not be able to really drink and party once last time given the fasting protocol!

I just paid rent for September so I have some time to think this through. I'm fine with CTBing and all that...just need to think through this "getting found" step.

Reactions: overcomingfear, Natty and mem12
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
If you get creative in hunting online, you can find email addresses for 911-related contacts/EMS and send a delayed email. I also live alone and have cut everyone off so it could be weeks until neighbours are the ones who call police because of the odours of decay.

I managed to find an email address for my city's EMS (not easy to find!). I'm sending them a delayed email. My brother's best friend is a policeman in my hometown. I'm either going to email EMS to contact him to tell my family or email him at the same time as everyone else.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This sounds like a solid plan and I hope you are able to find peace in your decision. :hug: Also @coeur.brisé is right about sending delayed communications if possible. I would add onto that to avoid gmail and various other delayed messaging platforms as they may (secretly) monitor your communications and alert authorities before you are gone. TiredHorse has a thread here about one such service to avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: overcomingfear and Deleted member 18655
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I'm in the same situation pretty much. Very solitary life, my body could sit in my apartment for days or weeks until someone complains about the smell of my corpse lol. At first I wanted to avoid this but I'm starting to not really give a fuck though. People die in apartment buildings all the time don't they?

I wouldn't mind going the hotel route too, but I don't want to traumatize any hotel employees. As of now I'm just going to go with my apartment. I think its fitting since I have been a recluse my entire life.

Reactions: spooky, overcomingfear and Deleted member 18655
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
I don't trust my technical abilities in sending delayed emails. when there are two ways to do something I have an uncanny ability to unconsciously do the wrong or less effective way! LOL

I wouldn't mind going the hotel route too, but I don't want to traumatize any hotel employees. As of now I'm just going to go with my apartment. I think its fitting since I have been a recluse my entire life.

Yes, this has pinged my empathy. From what I've researched, housekeeping staff find lots of unusual things in LV hotel rooms! Overdoses, people handcuffed, passed out, etc. They are instructed to immediately exit the room in case it is a crime scene. This is why I'd be out of sight in the bathroom...and also leave a significant cash tip taped to the door for her. I'm slightly less concerned about the EMTs. There are a few nurses and paramedics in my family, and they are fairly immune to trauma from dead bodies, even bodies much more disfigured than a SN CTB. (My sister is a retired emergency room nurse and she saw some ghastly stuff in her career.j

I love my sweet tiny apartment and yes, there is something comforting about my earthly life coming to an end here.

Reactions: overcomingfear