Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Well, my bus will be here within the next few days. I've decided to book a hotel and drink the SN there. I'm trying to make sure that there isn't anything I should be thinking about doing before I go through with this.

I want to protect this site, so I will be deleting my account. I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to clear everything from my computer so that no one could track down my activity here. I've read people say different things about this. Would it be good enough to just do a factory reset?

If you know of any other final preparations I should make, please let me know. Thank you to everyone who has shown love and support. There are some amazing people on this site and I have respect for many of you. This is without a doubt the most difficult time in my life and it is a blessing that I didn't have to go through it alone. Not everyone has been equally supportive, but we all have issues here and I find it hard to blame people for things they can't control. I feel bad for some things I've said on this site that I didn't intend to cause problems, but they did. I sincerely apologize for that. You have no idea what a relief it is to me knowing that I won't be a source of problems to everyone in my life. Finally, I won't be a disappointment anymore!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, insurancepolicy, zeroshark and 12 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hey, I hope you find peace :heart:
I recommend doing a factory reset I think it should be enough. Things to take care of before: pets, last notes?->emails?, money in bank or anywhere? Who is it gonna go to? Do you wanna gift it to family?, funeral, put the sign on your hotel door that says do not disturb

• Love
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, Captive of Mind and fastFWD
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Sorry to see u go. Hope u find the peace u are missing now.

When it comes to account, data and all that; u can always be tracked. The best you could do (to my knowledge) is get rid of the confirmation mail u got from account creation, check any other emails and history related that may be linked to any account and do a hard reset on the device. That would completely wipe out any data on the device.

About the hotel sign. I'd advice a note that clearly says that there might be a dead body, and requesting to call the authorities to handle the situation. That way there's no ambiguity and the professionals are the ones in the scene; instead of a normal human who's not used to see that sort of thing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Captive of Mind
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i hope your journey goes well, and that you find peace.

• Love
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Hey, I hope you find peace :heart:
I recommend doing a factory reset I think it should be enough. Things to take care of before: pets, last notes?->emails?, money in bank or anywhere? Who is it gonna go to? Do you wanna gift it to family?, funeral, put the sign on your hotel door that says do not disturb
I won't have any last notes or emails. I've said everything I thought to people in excess before I started planning to ctb. I have money in the bank, but I thought that would immediately go to my family. Would it not?

Good thinking about the do not disturb sign. The only thing about that is I am booking 3 days so that if I survive, I have time to recover. Maybe that isn't a good idea.. Shit, I wouldn't be able to recover without medical aid. My best bet would be to just keep drinking SN. In which case, it would be better to have the do not disturb sign so if I wake up, I could drink more.

feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
I'm sorry to see you go. Thank you for helping me find some closure (you know what I'm talking about.) I want you to know you did make a difference to me when I really needed it. I wish you nothing but peace. Maybe you'll find Carter on the other side. Much love. ❤

• Love
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Captive of Mind
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Sorry to see u go. Hope u find the peace u are missing now.

When it comes to account, data and all that; u can always be tracked. The best you could do (to my knowledge) is get rid of the confirmation mail u got from account creation, check any other emails and history related that may be linked to any account and do a hard reset on the device. That would completely wipe out any data on the device.

About the hotel sign. I'd advice a note that clearly says that there might be a dead body, and requesting to call the authorities to handle the situation. That way there's no ambiguity and the professionals are the ones in the scene; instead of a normal human who's not used to see that sort of thing.
I'm glad you mentioned writing the note. I would have to put it somewhere so they could see it before they find my body.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I won't have any last notes or emails. I've said everything I thought to people in excess before I started planning to ctb. I have money in the bank, but I thought that would immediately go to my family. Would it not?

Good thinking about the do not disturb sign. The only thing about that is I am booking 3 days so that if I survive, I have time to recover. Maybe that isn't a good idea.. Shit, I wouldn't be able to recover without medical aid. My best bet would be to just keep drinking SN. In which case, it would be better to have the do not disturb sign so if I wake up, I could drink more.
Yeah if you're in the process of drying the cleaning person could go in and save you. That's all the preparation I could think of.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
if you use any free services they have a history of your activity. For example, Google has your internet history even if you clear your history on your computer. You need to wipe (not just remove from device ) your online accounts' history and stored personal data.

• Love
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I'm sorry to see you go. Thank you for helping me find some closure (you know what I'm talking about.) I want you to know you did make a difference to me when I really needed it. I wish you nothing but peace. Maybe you'll find Carter on the other side. Much love. ❤
Oh God.. I hope I see him too. Idk why, that brought tears to my eyes. You are very welcome, we helped each other out. I wish I was in a better mental state so I could have been there for you like I normally would have. I'll be sending love out to you as well. :heart:
if you use any free services they have a history of your activity. For example, Google has your internet history even if you clear your history on your computer. You need to wipe (not just remove from device ) your online accounts' history and stored personal data.
You said I have to wipe (not just remove) my online accounts' history. How would I do this?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: inactive and feast or famine
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
Oh God.. I hope I see him too. Idk why, that brought tears to my eyes. You are very welcome, we helped each other out. I wish I was in a better mental state so I could have been there for you like I normally would have. I'll be sending love out to you as well. :heart:

You were there for me more than you think and I'm very grateful for that! Thank you, I'll need all the love I can get and I'm sending it right back to you. If you need anything at all before your exit, please don't hesitate to PM. Hugs.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Captive of Mind and Ἡγησίας
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020

You said I have to wipe (not just remove) my online accounts' history. How would I do this?
Every service has a different procedure. For google, that data is found here https://myactivity.google.com/

• Love
LostandTired

LostandTired

Jul 24, 2020
Wow seems to be a popular weekend to go!?! I just took first 10mg Meto myself.

If anything you sound just as prepped as me. Catch you on the other side...perhaps.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, rt1989526, Ἡγησίας and 1 other person
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Thank you so much! I appreciate you having my back on this!
For my own sanity I feel like I need to say that I hope you don't take this as encouragement. I just respect a person's choice. Regardless the scenario I don't want you to suffer.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020

If anything you sound just as prepped as me. Catch you on the other side...perhaps.
Lol, that made me smile.. Yeah, I've been making sure I have everything in order. Best of luck to you and I hope you find the peace you seek! See you out there!
For my own sanity I feel like I need to say that I hope you don't take this as encouragement. I just respect a person's choice. Regardless the scenario I don't want you to suffer.
Whether you encouraged it or discouraged it, there would be no difference in outcome. You respect my need to leave this place and that shows the kindness in your heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexit
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Appreciate our short time together and wish you the best and most peaceful journey. Hoping the SN works fast and quick, it will be my time soon.

Do authorities really comb thru your phone and computer and look at your browsing history after you die?

• Love
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Appreciate our short time together and wish you the best and most peaceful journey. Hoping the SN works fast and quick, it will be my time soon.

Do authorities really comb thru your phone and computer and look at your browsing history after you die?
Maybe but only if their intention is to target a supplier (or if they suspect homicide) but not in a routine CTB case.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020

For sure! It was good being able to speak with you even if it was brief! It'll be over before I know it! :wink:

I hope you have a smooth transition over too! A little stomach ache, a bit of throw up, maybe a headache.. Nothing to worry about, we'll surv-.... I mean, we won't survive, but who cares! :ahhha:

And I'm not sure about how much the authorities will look into things. I just want to protect this site. I don't know if there is anything I could do to protect the people who sold the SN. That is on my bank statement.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and rt1989526
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Agreed I definitely want to protect the website. I'll do my best to wipe every device clean. Nothing we can do about the SN suppliers.

You doing stat dose or 48 hour method? Don't forget to tell the front desk you don't require any room service too.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Agreed I definitely want to protect the website. I'll do my best to wipe every device clean. Nothing we can do about the SN suppliers.

You doing stat dose or 48 hour method? Don't forget to tell the front desk you don't require any room service too.
I was going to tell the front desk that I don't want room service, but that might be suspicious to them. Then if someone calls them saying they heard me throwing up and making noises, that might cause issues.

I'll be doing stat dose since people say meto can have some pretty bad side effects. There's no benefit to the 48 hour regimen other than mentally preparing for how the meto will make you feel. If you have meto, it's better to take it even if it causes side effects.

Reactions: rt1989526
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I was going to tell the front desk that I don't want room service, but that might be suspicious to them. Then if someone calls them saying they heard me throwing up and making noises, that might cause issues.

I'll be doing stat dose since people say meto can have some pretty bad side effects. There's no benefit to the 48 hour regimen other than mentally preparing for how the meto will make you feel. If you have meto, it's better to take it even if it causes side effects.

I guess it's subject to opinion but I wouldn't consider it suspicious. I travel a lot for work and always ask them to skip the room service in case I want to take a nap, and put up the do not disturb sign.

Now with Covid going on they are likely encouraging people to skip room service too, but your call at the end of the day. Crank that TV up!!

I

insurancepolicy

Aug 19, 2020
Well, my bus will be here within the next few days. I've decided to book a hotel and drink the SN there. I'm trying to make sure that there isn't anything I should be thinking about doing before I go through with this.

I want to protect this site, so I will be deleting my account. I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to clear everything from my computer so that no one could track down my activity here. I've read people say different things about this. Would it be good enough to just do a factory reset?

If you know of any other final preparations I should make, please let me know. Thank you to everyone who has shown love and support. There are some amazing people on this site and I have respect for many of you. This is without a doubt the most difficult time in my life and it is a blessing that I didn't have to go through it alone. Not everyone has been equally supportive, but we all have issues here and I find it hard to blame people for things they can't control. I feel bad for some things I've said on this site that I didn't intend to cause problems, but they did. I sincerely apologize for that. You have no idea what a relief it is to me knowing that I won't be a source of problems to everyone in my life. Finally, I won't be a disappointment anymore!

Godspeed. Hope you find peace.

• Love
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I hope you find peace, and have a pleasant journey. Do not disturb sign and warning note are awesome ideas. I would feel bad having some poor house keeper walk in on a suicide.

• Love
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I guess it's subject to opinion but I wouldn't consider it suspicious. I travel a lot for work and always ask them to skip the room service in case I want to take a nap, and put up the do not disturb sign.

Now with Covid going on they are likely encouraging people to skip room service too, but your call at the end of the day. Crank that TV up!!
Oh what! That is good to know! I didn't realize they actually want people to skip room service. I thought that covid would make them want to have more cleaning done. But if I take the SN at night, I will be passed away by the morning, so wouldn't I want room service to come in so I won't be laying there for too long? This is so difficult trying to figure out a way to be discovered quickly after death so I don't sit for too long but not too quickly and get rescued. Also balancing how to time things so that if I survive, I don't get caught.
I hope you find peace, and have a pleasant journey. Do not disturb sign and warning note are awesome ideas. I would feel bad having some poor house keeper walk in on a suicide.
Thank you, and yeah. I've been trying to avoid that sort of thing.

I think of this everytime I see your picture and username. There is a girl who was intertwined with my life since we were kids. We were the only people each other really dated and loved. Life circumstances that lead to my mental decline tore us apart. Eventually, I had to let her go.. I called her Birdie, and I was her Fox. She is an artist and would draw and paint pictures of a bird and fox together.

Last edited:
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Oh what! That is good to know! I didn't realize they actually want people to skip room service. I thought that covid would make them want to have more cleaning done. But if I take the SN at night, I will be passed away by the morning, so wouldn't I want room service to come in so I won't be laying there for too long? This is so difficult trying to figure out a way to be discovered quickly after death so I don't sit for too long but not too quickly and get rescued. Also balancing how to time things so that if I survive, I don't get caught.

Last time I was travelling in February they actually gave me extra member points if I skipped room service, they were encouraging it. I had a stay of 3 nights and skipped the room service and put up the do not disturb and didn't have any interruptions. But this might depend on the hotel chain.

As for how long you're going to be lying there, I'm not sure about that. I don't think the body begins to decay after just 1 or 2 days. I'm going to be in my apartment probably undiscovered for several days, whatever, it's not my issue at that point, but I understand you don't want to traumatize the hotel staff.

Sorry I missed this one. Wishing you peace, love and a quick exit as well @LostandTired. If you aren't back in a week should we consider it successful?

Last edited:
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
@LostandTired how are you doing my friend?