F

Frew

Jan 7, 2020
I think I will be going soon. Forgive me but I'm extremely anxious and I can't think straight. Method is sorted but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do logistically. The people I live with won't be back until Sunday night. So I can ctb at home, I'm just scared of my body decomposing for days before it's found (they will assume I've gone away and won't check on me).

Alternatively I've thought about ctb in a nature setting e.g. near a beach. This appeals to me but I'm obviously scared of being found before dying, or meeting dangerous people at night. Or someone questioning why I'm walking alone at night etc.

My question is, how long would it take for my body to start to smell/decompose badly? I don't want to traumatise my housemates or whoever finds me.

I am attending a psych service and will miss appointments, but I think they will assume I've just not bothered coming in and may not check up on me, at least not immediately. My family know I'm in a bad place but it will probably take a few days for them to really get worried. Also they live far away and we're on Covid travel restrictions so they can't visit easily.

Any advice is appreciated

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hurt and CoalmineCanary
I

idk who i am

Nov 2, 2020
I think I will be going soon. Forgive me but I'm extremely anxious and I can't think straight. Method is sorted but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do logistically. The people I live with won't be back until Sunday night. So I can ctb at home, I'm just scared of my body decomposing for days before it's found (they will assume I've gone away and won't check on me).

Alternatively I've thought about ctb in a nature setting e.g. near a beach. This appeals to me but I'm obviously scared of being found before dying, or meeting dangerous people at night. Or someone questioning why I'm walking alone at night etc.

My question is, how long would it take for my body to start to smell/decompose badly? I don't want to traumatise my housemates or whoever finds me.

I am attending a psych service and will miss appointments, but I think they will assume I've just not bothered coming in and may not check up on me, at least not immediately. My family know I'm in a bad place but it will probably take a few days for them to really get worried. Also they live far away and we're on Covid travel restrictions so they can't visit easily.

Any advice is appreciated
you can send a delayed email to your family that says to call police to your house or something? as far as i know they are used to see bodies. about the question about decomposing - I'm no expert but it starts to smell bad a few hours later after death, the smell gets stronger kinda fast, so a few days later it would be... um... gross. but not talking bout the body, it will swell maybe but it's not as bad as swelling of bodies of people who died in water.

Reactions: Frew