MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

What God's will rise from the abyss of our souls?
Nov 4, 2019
I am looking for more films about depression and suicide to watch. Some I will recommend are Melancholia, Wrist-Cutters A Love Story, Last Days, Boy Interrupted, Two Days and Leaving Las Vegas.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lotus11, MeltingHeart and letmeseethedeath
M

malummo

Student
Jul 15, 2019
Oslo, 31. august
Elephant song
Starfish
Sunset limited
The sea of trees
I melt with you

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, NemoZeno, letmeseethedeath and 2 others
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

Nov 4, 2019
Oslo, 31. august
Elephant song
Starfish
Sunset limited
The sea of trees
I melt with you
Thank you! I will have to check these films out.
Oslo, 31. august
Elephant song
Starfish
Sunset limited
The sea of trees
I melt with you
I watched the trailer for Oslo, 31 August. Looks amazing. I need to find a way to watch this film soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Little Mook and malummo
Little Mook

Little Mook

Oct 20, 2019
The Virgin Suicides
Leaving Las Vegas
Love Liza

Reactions: azucaramargo, LifeSick and MisanthropicLycan
sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
Skeleton Twins
A Long Way Down
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Girl, Interrupted

Omg I haven't seen Wrist-Cutters A Love Story in so long, such a good movie.

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Little Mook and MisanthropicLycan
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

Nov 4, 2019
Skeleton Twins
A Long Way Down
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Girl, Interrupted

Omg I haven't seen Wrist-Cutters A Love Story in so long, such a good movie.
I've been wanting to watch skeleton twins lately. Seems like a good movie. Also, I agree with Wristcutters being a great movie. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face which is a hard thing to do these days. I haven't seen its kind of a funny story in years but I remember liking it when I saw it in movie theaters back in the day.

• Love
Reactions: Little Mook and sammii
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Someone else asked a similar question on here a while ago and I recommended the following movies:

Heathers (A dark comedy, Winona Ryder)
'Night Mother (Sissy Spacek)
The Lovely Bones (more about murder than suicide, but a very interesting portrayal of the afterlife)

Also, I see a lot of recommendations for movies I haven't seen or heard of before. I'll have to check some of those out. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, AnnaJaspers, LonelyLight and 2 others
C

Corraled

Student
Oct 11, 2019
Leviathan

Reactions: MisanthropicLycan
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Someone else asked a similar question on here a while ago and I recommended the following movies:

The Lovely Bones (more about murder than suicide, but a very interesting portrayal of the afterlife)

Also, I see a lot of recommendations for movies I haven't seen or heard of before. I'll have to check some of those out. :heart:
I really love that movie "the lovely bones", it would be nice to think that's how it will be :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: MisanthropicLycan and BlueWidow
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
The Discovery

Suicide Club (This one is REALLY messed up, as only the Japanese can mess with your head. Not for the faint of heart. They sure didn't stint on the fake blood in the f/x budget.)

What Dreams May Come

Been a long time since I saw them, but I think suicide or suicide attempts were involved somewhere in both

My Own Private Idaho

Less Than Zero

two late 80s / early 90s movies. Starring a very young Keanu Reeves and a very young Robert Downey, Jr., respectively. Just a caution that I may not be remembering them correctly. Lots of drugs and angst in both. And lots of predatory gay sex in My Own Private Idaho. The trailers on YouTube at any rate.

Haven't seen the Anna Karenina movie starring Keira Knightly, but I think we all know how the book ends.

• Love
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
What Dreams May Come

Been a long time since I saw them, but I think suicide or suicide attempts were involved somewhere

I had forgotten about "What Dreams May Come". That is such a sad movie, made even sadder now by the fact that it starred Robin Williams.

Reactions: Ironweed and MisanthropicLycan
Are you lost too?

Are you lost too?

Operator, well let's forget about this call
Oct 18, 2019
About euthanasia, but they are very good:

The sea inside

million dollar baby

Reactions: azucaramargo and MisanthropicLycan
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018
Aw man, @malummo plugged it but s/he is a man of culture.

Watch The Sunset Limited. The ending is phenomenal. Tommy Lee Jones brilliantly acted White who is a like Emil Cioran + Thomas Ligotti + Schopenhauer juggernaut.
The abject despair in those last 7 minutes is just sublime.

AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I am looking for more films about depression and suicide to watch. Some I will recommend are Melancholia, Wrist-Cutters A Love Story, Last Days, Boy Interrupted, Two Days and Leaving Las Vegas.

I can't recommend Night, Mother enough. The film adaption of the pulitzer prize winning play is totally worth watching.

Reactions: azucaramargo, MisanthropicLycan and BlueWidow
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
There's an old money called Enemies: A Love Story with Angelica Houston. One of the characters commits suicide. It was protrayed as a relief for her.

Reactions: azucaramargo, MisanthropicLycan and AnnaJaspers
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
A star is born with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

• Love
Reactions: metalchic_74 and MisanthropicLycan
MisanthropicLycan

MisanthropicLycan

Nov 4, 2019
Thank you everyone for all the great recommendations. I have a lot of films to watch.
Another film I just thought of which is a very brilliant black comedy is World's Greatest Dad with Robin Williams.

Last edited:
Reactions: azucaramargo
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Love that movie :heart:
I know, so do I. I don't think I've ever fallen in love with a character like that of Jackson Maine. He reminds me so much of myself. I'm on prescription pain killers because of my intense pain but there have been times that I've gone a little too far and almost suffocated. Not to get a high because I don't get high on them anymore. Pity....I've been on them for over 14 years so you don't get high anymore. Once in a while I'll catch a buzz but I was in love the first time I took them. I definitely would have been a heroin addict in the 60s. I'm really passionate about life and I've never really known what love was. I'm very alone and don't have many people in my life. I play the guitar...I sing...I write...well I used to until I got sick.and then there's just never being satisfied with life. Even before I was born I thought....this is it? Working everyday to go home to go to work to afford that home. Not terribly responsible. But I think I'm loveable. I've never gotten the chance to find that out because I got sick at 20 and never experienced love. And I don't have a lot to live for. Made a few mistakes I'd love to erase. Have tinnitus and am going to wind up killing myself.

In the beginning of the movie after he end his show and is driving around looking for a bar...and there's a billboard of all those nooses.....whoo! Didn't think anything if it until the end of the movie came. It broke my heart because he could have thrived. He could have been so much more if that bastard of a manager of Allys didn't bring him down. I felt her pain when she lost him. When we didn't see him for the rest of the movie.

Reactions: azucaramargo
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
This is a 5-episode series about a family in a rural part of (the U.S. state of) Maine. (At least I think it takes place in Maine) USA: "Olive Kittredge". I liked the film's portrayal of depression: living with it, working with it, raising a family with it. The types of people we crave vs. the types of people who are actually good for us. Many near-suicides.

Frances McDormand
Zoe Kazan
Jessie Plemmons
Bill Murray
Rosemarie DeWitt

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
A
This is a 5-episode series about a family in a rural part of (the U.S. state of) Maine. (At least I think it takes place in Maine) USA: "Olive Kittredge". I liked the film's portrayal of depression: living with it, working with it, raising a family with it. The types of people we crave vs. the types of people who are actually good for us. Many near-suicides.

Frances McDormand
Zoe Kazan
Jessie Plemmons
Bill Murray
Rosemarie DeWitt
fo0

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Manchester by the sea

These two scenes describe my personality.

SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019

The lovely bones was so sad! My god.. Beautiful movie..

• Love
Reactions: BlueWidow
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
About euthanasia, but they are very good:

The sea inside

million dollar baby
I just re-watched "The Sea Inside" (or, "Mar Adentro") about a month ago. I remember I recommended it to @Alchemist (RIP). This is a fantastic movie.

• Hugs
Reactions: Are you lost too? and SuicidalSymphonies