struggles_inc

struggles_inc

life is a highway and i wanna wreck my car
Jun 24, 2023
My depression smothers me right now. It's extremely exhausting to get up. I do one chore and that's it, no energy.
I know I need to get up and go to the gym. Right now it feels like I'm fucking paralysed.
Desperately seeking motivation, something to hold onto so that I don't fall back to bed and waste another day.
The fatigue is endless.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Immensevoid, Ash’Girl and Forever Sleep
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
For me, I consider my day a success if I've done just one thing. Getting up, dressing, making the bed don't count! Just one actual thing that needs to be done.
Some days I just don't get anything done. It's okay, I don't stress over it. I'll try again tomorrow.
It's pretty lame suggestion, but I'm a pretty lame human. You can do this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash’Girl
Ash’Girl

Ash’Girl

Girl, Interrupted
Apr 29, 2022
@Redacted24 it's really not a lame suggestion at all. One seemingly little thing when you're trapped in depression is actually a massive achievement.

Whole of Christmas and New Year I spent in bed. Random daily achievements were changing cat litter trays or managing the dishes. Massive effort when I just wanted to hide under the duvet and never come back out.

Absolutely if you don't manage one thing, try again tomorrow.

@struggles_inc its hard, and it's hard not to beat yourself up over "failures", but that makes us feel even worse and even less motivated / more depressed. 😔

If going to the gym feels too overwhelming, maybe even try a quick walk. Even if you only get to the end of the street and retreat back home to bed. Baby step goals. When I want to avoid people I tend to do this when it's dark or raining but I feel it's easier to brave the outside world when I feel more anonymous, which I never do in glaring daylight.

Hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24