purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
Does anyone else struggle with this? What helps you? I've been trying to glow up a bit while I cant ctb yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, ocd is bad and Deleted member 14573
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Yeah I can't say I'm happy with the way I look. Don't think I've ever really been truly happy with myself. Even when I've received compliments from people in the past I can't bring myself to believe what they say. These feelings tend to fluctuate. For a while I felt better because I put a bit more effort into taking care of myself but I tend to lose motivation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Skathon, Deleted member 14573 and 1 other person
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah I can't say I'm happy with the way I look. Don't think I've ever really been truly happy with myself. Even when I've received compliments from people in the past I can't bring myself to believe what they say. These feelings tend to fluctuate. For a while I felt better because I put a bit more effort into taking care of myself but I tend to lose motivation.

Yeah I've been feeling a bit better but I still feel insecure especially because I'm in a mental health facility and constantly around people. What self care things did you find helped the best? For me it was growing out my brows and lashes and treating my kp (strawberry legs skin condition.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 14573
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Yeah I've been feeling a bit better but I still feel insecure especially because I'm in a mental health facility and constantly around people. What self care things did you find helped the best? For me it was growing out my brows and lashes and treating my kp (strawberry legs skin condition.)
Self care in the form of trying to make myself look better. First thing I did was taking the time to tame my eyebrows and shave my moustache :pfff: I also bought some fancy bath stuff and just took some long baths. Also another thing is working out. I did a whole month of this workout challenge before I lost motivation. What demotivates me the most is feeling like there's no point to it all if I'm going to ctb eventually.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Spirals and purplesmoothie
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
Self care in the form of trying to make myself look better. First thing I did was taking the time to tame my eyebrows and shave my moustache :pfff: I also bought some fancy bath stuff and just took some long baths. Also another thing is working out. I did a whole month of this workout challenge before I lost motivation. What demotivates me the most is feeling like there's no point to it all if I'm going to ctb eventually.

Yeah self-care is the same thing for me. Rn I'm actually taking a footbath in the facility I'm in to help get rid of calluses lmao. I feel you I probably wouldn't be as motivated if I wasn't surrounded by people all the time. The two things I'm focused on it seems are self improvement (mostly of looks) and dying lmao.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Spirals and Deleted member 19654
S

Smokey8484

Aug 9, 2020
I have struggled with this a lot since puberty (I'm now in my mid 30s), mainly in social situations like in bars or house parties. Sometimes I feel so big and ugly (like an ogre), I feel too big for the space I'm in- it's so strange and hard to describe I guess. What helps me the most is that I've removed a lot of mirrors from my home & I don't look at my reflection in other surfaces when out & about, and I set aside at least one evening a week to take a long bath, do a face mask & paint my nails. I don't feel pretty but I don't feel so ogre like.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, AllReturnsToNothing and purplesmoothie
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
I have struggled with this a lot since puberty (I'm now in my mid 30s), mainly in social situations like in bars or house parties. Sometimes I feel so big and ugly (like an ogre), I feel too big for the space I'm in- it's so strange and hard to describe I guess. What helps me the most is that I've removed a lot of mirrors from my home & I don't look at my reflection in other surfaces when out & about, and I set aside at least one evening a week to take a long bath, do a face mask & paint my nails. I don't feel pretty but I don't feel so ogre like.

I have felt that before too, especially when overweight. It sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Smokey8484
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020

That's kinda how I feel too. It all went downhill since puberty and it wasn't until a couple of years ago I figured out what this horrible feeling was. I was planning on buying some new clothes, trying laser hair removal to get rid of facial hair, and going to a local event where I would be less likely to be judged, but covid happened and spoiled literally all of my plans.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, ocd is bad, Smokey8484 and 1 other person