casctb

casctb

Stubborn idiot that gives up too easily
Jun 7, 2020
I always feel like nothing really goes my way when I want but I can't stop my desires. I feel like everyday I'm fighting something; be it the world, myself, or other people. My life is one big, frustrating game of tug of war where winning leaves you with harsh rope burn and bruises and, in losing, you get a face full of mud and crushing shame. You can't ever really win. Satisfy one desire/want/need, another is left neglected. Nothing is ever enough. Nothing is satisfying, at least not for long. I'm tired but the desires will never stop, so there is no peace. Always wanting more and more. Everything I do is meaningless, a constant climb to nothing till death. Feelings are always contradictory but you can never separate from them and you have no choice in how it motivates you. There isn't much you can change, if you could at all. I wish I never existed.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HopeIsLost, Stick, WOODESITY and 16 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes this is a big reason I want to be gone. It's fun for awhile until the novelty wears off and life begins to become increasingly more complicated as u age. If u don't have a good set up for your older years it's very tragic and lonely. Not to mention difficult, and especially if u are trapped in poverty. My only recommendation is to try to have meaning and don't chase constant happiness since it's fleeting. Pursue things that give long term meaning.

Reactions: Meditation guide
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I always feel like nothing really goes my way when I want but I can't stop my desires. I feel like everyday I'm fighting something; be it the world, myself, or other people. My life is one big, frustrating game of tug of war where winning leaves you with harsh rope burn and bruises and, in losing, you get a face full of mud and crushing shame. You can't ever really win. Satisfy one desire/want/need, another is left neglected. Nothing is ever enough. Nothing is satisfying, at least not for long. I'm tired but the desires will never stop, so there is no peace. Always wanting more and more. Everything I do is meaningless, a constant climb to nothing till death. Feelings are always contradictory but you can never separate from them and you have no choice in how it motivates you. There isn't much you can change, if you could at all. I wish I never existed.
Wou, well said.
I feel the same.

• Hugs
Reactions: casctb
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Beautiful tug of war analogy, sums up how I feel perfectly. The game destroys me, I would like to stop playing, but I'm too invested to let go.

• Love
Reactions: casctb
UberYeets

UberYeets

Humans are mercenaries by nature, loyal by will.
Apr 7, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, that's why psychopaths win in life, they're efficient and can weave and bob their way thru the chaotic entropy of life absent shame and what not. Still is a shit game imo, so much truth in this thread.

Reactions: alfie, demuic and casctb