BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
After a very good long weekend visiting a friend, I now feel terrible again having returned to everyday life.

My housing situation won't get better: I could be waiting 18 months for a council property to become available, perhaps longer.
I don't have the funds to be able to afford a private sector apartment/house at this time.
Sure, emergency accommodation will be offered if my landlord kicks me out but this could be terrible.

Finance: I've been offered a 'job' to do a guy's finances. But he doesn't want to pay much despite wanting me to do a lot for him.
He hasn't specified exactly how much he is expecting to pay and I have asked him again (waiting for a reply).
But he won't want to pay much more than £2,500 I don't think.
In other words I'll be in the same place again soon. Even if I do the work for him.

God sake.
I honestly don't feel I'm able to continue.

Note: yes, the person I visited does know how I'm feeling.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Viro_Major, pickajack, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 13 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That's not good :meh: Sorry you are feeling so shit. That sucks.
But he doesn't want to pay much despite wanting me to do a lot for him.
People like that really piss me off, always wanting something for nothing.
I guess it's a stop gap at best, not perfect, but something. If you do it, be careful you get a solid deal and that he doesn't stiff you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb, deadgirlahsatan, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
It sounds like you really are weathering a shit storm right now. I admire you for coming and posting about your feelings it takes a lot of strength and courage to do that. Wish there was something I could do to help you or make things better, I am sending you strength and a huge hug.

• Love
Reactions: pickajack, Silvermorning, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
I know some people here who gets £30 a month xx

• Aww..
Reactions: not4us and deadgirlahsatan
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this shit after having such a good time over the weekend. Every time a good weekend comes along, it can make it seem like there is something to look forward to in the future, but then a couple days later, life screws you over and says, "Fuck you". It happens to me all the time and I'm sorry that you are going through this.

Also, that guy is an asshole expecting you to do a big job for him but refusing to pay you for what it's worth. I can understand not wanting to overpay for things, but you need to make enough to be able to live too damn it!
I know some people here who gets £30 a month xx

This response confused me too. Were you trying to say that other people are in the same situation because they don't make much? More information would be helpful.

• Love
Reactions: pickajack, Silvermorning, deadgirlahsatan and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I can see how seeing a more pleasurable side of life and going back to reality could really suck. I'm sorry friend.

That guy is an asshole. I hope you're about to find sustainable work soon.

Reactions: pickajack, Metalhead and Lost in a Dream
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
When I have days like these, I try to remember the last good moment I had, in your case, the time you had spent with your friend I would just focus on to make it through the day, and then work towards getting a second visit some day. You are gonna go see her again right?

Reactions: pickajack, Ghost2211 and Lost in a Dream
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
When I have days like these, I try to remember the last good moment I had, in your case, the time you had spent with your friend I would just focus on to make it through the day, and then work towards getting a second visit some day. You are gonna go see her again right?
There is nothing I want more than to be back with her.

But yes, returning to everyday life does, in a weird way, highlight how shit it is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pickajack, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Ghost2211 and 2 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
There is nothing I want more than to be back with her.

But yes, returning to everyday life does, in a weird way, highlight how shit it is.

You have that fuel then to keep it going and work to get back to her. We do anything to get back to happy feelings again even if we have to sacrifice a bit to get there. Keep on negotiating with the guy, and if it's a hard no, either bite the bullet and do it, but do a shit ass job of it (you get what you pay for), or move on to something else.

Reactions: Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and Lost in a Dream
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this shit after having such a good time over the weekend. Every time a good weekend comes along, it can make it seem like there is something to look forward to in the future, but then a couple days later, life screws you over and says, "Fuck you". It happens to me all the time and I'm sorry that you are going through this.

Also, that guy is an asshole expecting you to do a big job for him but refusing to pay you for what it's worth. I can understand not wanting to overpay for things, but you need to make enough to be able to live too damn it!

This response confused me too. Were you trying to say that other people are in the same situation because they don't make much? More information would be helpful.
Yep

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
Oh BG, just when i thought life was looking brighter for you...

bcc9928d603a76f87699a9da83e449fe.gif

Reactions: Noodlebug and Lost in a Dream
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
Get the short term job, while you find something else. About the housing situation, he can't evict you without taking you to court first and these days justice is delaying evictions everywhere because the corona, and your landlord knows it, which gives you levearage to renegotiate,

sorry you arent feeling good,hugs.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and Lost in a Dream
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
By the sound of things you must have a pretty decent skill set if you can do someone's accounts. I know it's not ideal but have you tried getting freelance work on places like Freelancer, People Per Hour? There are loads of different sites like this.

If you are an accountant or such or can prepare end of year tax returns for people, then I reckon you could make a tidy sum out of that. Maybe even advertise on Gumtree or Facebook local buying/selling pages or local groups to your area.

I might be totally wrong and you're not an accountant or book keeper so these might be dumb suggestions. Apologies if that's the case.

Reactions: Silvermorning, Viro_Major, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I've just quoted the guy just £1,400 to set him on on a new accounting system, train him and his staff on how to use it, put all bank transactions for last year on to it, also put all invoices and purchases on too and submit 4 VAT returns for him.

He says he will have to think about it!
He'd be paying easily double with a large accounting firm, maybe triple!

The price doesn't include end of year accounts or tax returns and other stuff.

He wants everything for nothing.

@TheQ22 - you'd be interested to read this!

• Wow
Reactions: Emily_Numb and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I've just quoted the guy just £1,400 to set him on on a new accounting system, train him and his staff on how to use it, put all bank transactions for last year on to it, also put all invoices and purchases on too and submit 4 VAT returns for him.

Spent over 5x this amount to do the same at a company I worked at 13 years ago, and the fee did not include transferring of any accounts or other information into the new system.

My hunch is his reluctance is 100% indicative of his own perceived cash position. From following your story, my sense is this entrepreneur does not perceive he has the means to pay you what you're worth nor what the true value of the job is.

It's difficult not to take it personally, but try your best not to do so.

Piece together what you can with this guy. Based on opportunity costs theory, your best choice is take what you can get from this situation. Do your best in this role. Keep exploring other opportunities and realize that when the economy picks up that this entrepreneur might well be back on track, so position yourself accordingly with him. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Reactions: Silvermorning and BipolarGuy
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Spent over 5x this amount to do the same at a company I worked at 13 years ago, and the fee did not include transferring of any accounts or other information into the new system.

My hunch is his reluctance is 100% indicative of his own perceived cash position. From following your story, my sense is this entrepreneur does not perceive he has the means to pay you what you're worth nor what the true value of the job is.

It's difficult not to take it personally, but try your best not to do so.

Piece together what you can with this guy. Based on opportunity costs theory, your best choice is take what you can get from this situation. Do your best in this role. Keep exploring other opportunities and realize that when the economy picks up that this entrepreneur might well be back on track, so position yourself accordingly with him. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Hey, sorry I haven't responded to your PM yet, which has some very good advice in it.

I've just picked up another client too :)

Reactions: Silvermorning, Chupacabra 44, Emily_Numb and 1 other person
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020

Thank God he's agreed to my quote!

Indeed to get out of this negative thinking.
How do I?
Is it a matter of time?

Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Great news! Do you have a start date for your project? Kick ass on his project so he'll get you more work. Hopefully his situation will turn around soon so he can eventually bring you on permanently at a fair salary.

Reactions: Silvermorning
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Great news! Do you have a start date for your project? Kick ass on his project so he'll get you more work. Hopefully his situation will turn around soon so he can eventually bring you on permanently at a fair salary.
I spoke to KPMG today about his tax situation and it turns out that he has a trial this month for the helicopter crime (he lied to me!) and he could be imprisoned!

I'd like to work on everything else except his tax situation.

Reactions: Silvermorning and Metalhead