NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
Right now I'm in an apartment in another country with a couple I don't even know for the New Year. Idk, I'm sitting in my room alone depressed and anxious as hell (I really hope fireworks aren't a thing here). I can hear people all around me cheering and celebrating the New Year together. Idk anyone else feel the same? Or with people but still feel alone. This is the first New Year/ holiday I've spent alone and idk which is better/worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: pinkcanvasshoes, foxdie, Deleted member 24006 and 11 others
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I've hated nye pretty much all my life. It always seemed to hold so much promise but due to my social situations always ended up in terrible disappointment. I'm just glad I dont' have to spend it alone so I'm not especially depressed since having been able to spend it with a partner but I still don't like it as a festival. I don't have parties to go to and even if I did I'd probably not be close to the other people there. you're not alone in your loneliness...if that helps.

• Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
I'm sorry you're in that situation. :( I spend every NY alone and despise that it's even celebrated at all. I'm also alone in my room. Maybe putting in earphones would help. Putting on a movie or something to escape into.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal and NeverSatisfied
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I've hated nye pretty much all my life. It always seemed to hold so much promise but due to my social situations always ended up in terrible disappointment. I'm just glad I dont' have to spend it alone so I'm not especially depressed since having been able to spend it with a partner but I still don't like it as a festival. I don't have parties to go to and even if I did I'd probably not be close to the other people there. you're not alone in your loneliness...if that helps.
Right?! The anticipation of it all leads to nothing (in the moment or the entirety of the next year). Thanks for being here with me in your response though

Reactions: Skathon and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yeah the big countdown just starts to seem like an oppressive form of collective insanity after a few nye's past your teens.

Reactions: Idledays, stygal, Bigpink and 1 other person
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I'm sorry you're in that situation. :( I spend every NY alone and despise that it's even celebrated at all. I'm also alone in my room. Maybe putting in earphones would help. Putting on a movie or something to escape into.
I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, this time of year sucks :/ You're right, I have an unopened bottle of Bicardi and a new Netflix show to binge. Idk why it felt like a requirement to wait until the New Year. Also thanks for being with me in your response too :)
Yeah the big countdown just starts to seem like an oppressive form of collective insanity after a few nye's past your teens.
Right?? Like it actually makes no sense why everybody's so loud here suddenly (especially considering the year we just had and the fact this new one will really show even more of covid's consequences)

Sorry, I'm not usually so "glass-half-empty," maybe I'm just crabby/ in a bad mood

Last edited:
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I'm just on my own imagining the fireworks are gunshots and one of them is bound to hit me soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, NeverSatisfied, Disappointered and 3 others
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
In bed, ignoring the pointless fireworks. Gonna read my book about Mao

• Love
Reactions: stygal, NeverSatisfied, yive and 1 other person
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
I'm just on my own imagining the fireworks are gunshots and one of them is bound to hit me soon.
me too haha! that's the only thing that comforts me.
and i also feel extremely lonely, no one needs me

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 24006, stygal, binturong and 4 others
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
This is exactly why fireworks give me anxiety. I know people who have been shot and, unless on purpose, shit is no bueno.
In bed, ignoring the pointless fireworks. Gonna read my book about Mao
Yeah, so pointless! The country I'm in is built up rather than out so literally no one can even see the fireworks unless you live on the specific side of the building. So everyone can hear them and hardly anyone can see them haha
me too haha! that's the only thing that comforts me.
and i also feel extremely lonely, no one needs me
No need. Here, have a seat at the table here with all of us. We're glad you're here :)

Amber1974!!

Amber1974!!

Sep 2, 2020
Right now I'm in an apartment in another country with a couple I don't even know for the New Year. Idk, I'm sitting in my room alone depressed and anxious as hell (I really hope fireworks aren't a thing here). I can hear people all around me cheering and celebrating the New Year together. Idk anyone else feel the same? Or with people but still feel alone. This is the first New Year/ holiday I've spent alone and idk which is better/worse.
What country are you in?

140 bpm

140 bpm

Glitching in reality
Jan 26, 2020
I'm totally feeling you. Year ago I was in airbnb on my own in another city. I've took some mushrooms about 8 pm, but even that didn't help. I was experiencing bad trip on shrooms first time in my life. So I decided not eat the whole thing, just throwed the rest away and went to sleep.
This year I'm alone as well, but bunch of my coworkers around, so it fills better and I'm not even drinking.

• Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I'm all alone too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and NeverSatisfied