SkippingRope

SkippingRope

Aug 20, 2023
So, I posted it in the wrong place (I'm new), so may I just copy the whole thread

I want to start this thread with something really weird to say, but I'm an optimist. As much as my life tried to push me, pressure or make things bad, I always have the moment I get up and have hope for better future, wish to live happily. But... it doesn't happen. It got too bad, sometimes I have suicidal thoughts crossing my mind. Nothing really bad, just these thoughts of acceptance, that if I leave the world, nothing will happen, that it wouldn't be a big deal.

Here's a thing - I really want to experience life and I'm ready to recover, just don't know how. I'm feeling lonely, although I do have 2 'friends', but I feel stuck with them, like I haven't progressed in life. I can't fully express how I feel, tell what's wrong. If I end these friendships, I'll feel remorse about it.

Whenever I try to get better in something, I end up being discouraged and finding no will to continue. I want to feel like someone's behind my back supporting me in doing the next steps, not letting me give up. Right now, it's only me.

Almost all my online friendships weren't good. I was supporting them, saying great words, I was understanding, but what I got in return? Nothing.

A lot of times, I feel like giving up. Well, here I am. I don't want to cry at night anymore.

So there's my question: is anyone up to become online mates (or friends đź‘€). I know there are a lot of understanding people out there. I'm a teenager btw.

• Hugs
Reactions: milquetoast, F&Inside, bluesoapyskies and 1 other person
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Finding friends can be difficult. Up until 100 years ago most people had large families and their friends were usually their siblings and cousins. Today if you are wealthy, famous, attractive, or entertaining, you can have a lot of "friends".

I heard at a symposium on collaborative writing that as long as each person is willing to do 80% of the work, the collaboration should be successful. The implication was that each person will think that he is doing all the work and as long as both are alright with it, they can avoid resentment.

In a society that is becoming increasingly consumerist, one should expect to find increasing selfishness and self-preoccupation. This tends to make relationships of all kinds more difficult. There are ways to connect with those who may be able to give "805" of themselves to a friendship.

Participating in a group with a specific focus like amateur radio, a book club, liesure learning class, church, or volunteer activity may be a way to connect with others who ae capable of contributing more to a friendship.,

• Hugs
Reactions: carac, F&Inside and SkippingRope
SkippingRope

SkippingRope

Aug 20, 2023
T
Finding friends can be difficult. Up until 100 years ago most people had large families and their friends were usually their siblings and cousins. Today if you are wealthy, famous, attractive, or entertaining, you can have a lot of "friends".

I heard at a symposium on collaborative writing that as long as each person is willing to do 80% of the work, the collaboration should be successful. The implication was that each person will think that he is doing all the work and as long as both are alright with it, they can avoid resentment.

In a society that is becoming increasingly consumerist, one should expect to find increasing selfishness and self-preoccupation. This tends to make relationships of all kinds more difficult. There are ways to connect with those who may be able to give "805" of themselves to a friendship.

Participating in a group with a specific focus like amateur radio, a book club, liesure learning class, church, or volunteer activity may be a way to connect with others who ae capable of contributing more to a friendship.,
Thank you so much for your reply! Have a great day/night❤️