WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I consider myself a semi-organized/neat person. I wash my clothes on Fridays. I clean the dishes after eating. My bed is made daily, I organize my skincare/haircare/makeup products. I follow a skincare/haircare routine. I work out. I incorporate meditation sometimes when I feel stressed etc.
HOWEVER, I feel like everything I do is what I'm supposed to do. In other words, I feel like a robot that is programmed to function the way I function. For the past 2 days, the dishes were resting in the sink, the clothes were waiting to be washed because I felt helpless and paralyzed to do them. Until something clicked and all of a sudden I got up and did everything I was supposed to do. Time flew by. I washed everything, cleaned the house, even my closet did a little clear out. And by the time I was finished, there was a coffee right in front of me and cookies. My oil diffuser was on and the aroma of lavender was everywhere. I barely felt tired, everything was done in a vague reality.
It scares me how much I feel MORE programmed everyday.

• Love
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Celerity and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Honestly, I feel like this "programming" you're talking about is a big part of adulthood for better or for worse. As someone who fails to maintain a routine and often lets everything get messy, I'm envious of you.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and demuic