L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
have been on the wellbrutin about 4 weeks - now at 300mg. The lexapro just started 5 days ago at 5mg. I just sat staring at the walls today. No motivation and zombiefied. I had a few days of being more functional and motivated - two to be exact, and now back to this deadness.

Am worried it's the lexapro making me a zombie, but if I come off it will the suicidal thoughts come back. has anyone just been on the wellbrutin by itself with good results?

A bit of me wants to come off it and see what the wellbrutin is like by itself, and then I can always add the lexapro or another ssri back in. But don't know how to get through all the misery. It's at least 8 weeks to 12 weeks to test it properly.

The lexapro has withdrawal effects, so if I come off it now then I can see what the wellbrutin is like by itself.

The lexapro apparently reduces dopamine (!) whereas hopefuilly the wellbrutin boosts it. Some people take prozac with the wellbrutin, but prozac blocks the liver enzyme which metabolises buproprion so it is useable by the body. Basically it's all shit ;)

I know no-one can answer this one, but any thoughts or encouragement appreciated. It's also helpful for me just to type it out to help me think it through.

aesoppo

aesoppo

may all your sons be bishops
Jun 12, 2023
Been on lexapro for years at this point. It does help lessen symptoms, at least in my case.

The "zombie" feeling fades eventually. I know exactly what you mean.
SSRIs aren't great, but do help if you stick to it.
Plus, getting off them is more of a pain than staying with them for what that's worth. No medication is going to be magic, it's about finding what works for you personally.

Stay strong, boss. You can do this.

Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
@electricfishing thank you for your encouragement.

suicidal thoughts a bit better. nausea and tummy issues - am coping with. More weeks to go to see if it helps more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you're struggling with your medication but as you already mentioned in OP "Basically it's all shit ;)". I personally wouldn't take any of these meds (and ofc others) as to me it's nothing else but to be put under permanent drug exposure with very little chance of really being cured but with risks of possible addiction and unwanted side effects. This is my personal opinion and no (medical) advice.

I hope you can find a way to deal with your struggles and also you can recover soon!

Reactions: NumbItAll
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I've got to the point where I'll risk any side effects to feel better. Took a long time but I've exhausted all the other options now.

These drugs have quietened my suicidal thoughts. But motivation is very low.

I don't believe I will ever recover. This is chronic. I just wish I could enjoy life a little and be a little bit functional. I'm not sure thr will happen ☹️I should just start crossing off days on calendar..another day of suffering is done.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart and Praestat_Mori
D

DesolateSouls

Jun 29, 2022
I've been only lexapro for over a year now and it has done literally nothing. I want CTB more than ever before.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LittleJem
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I'm on Lexapro 10mg. Had maybe a month of bliss before the rot slowly crept back in. I wanted to join this site because I was feeling like absolute shit and the idea of CTB is so goddamn cathartic.

I'm starting Wellbutrin right now. Got a headache but at least I can keep awake during the afternoon. I'm hopeful.

It's a fucking addiction and doctors won't tell you that. Antidepressant withdrawl is a BITCH

Maybe I just want them to not work, quit and at least trip balls one more time. Maybe a good shrooms trip will fix me.

Do you ever think that maybe a psychedelic/spiritual experience could help you, OP?

• Hugs
Reactions: ggetout33, lachrymost and LittleJem
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you ever think that maybe a psychedelic/spiritual experience could help you, OP?
I'm not OP but I do believe and I would support that psychedelic/spirtual experience, should it be possible, assisted and under medical conditions could be a real option for patients with "mental illnesses". Unfortunately such a treatment is legally almost impossilbe under medical conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
the research is there that psilocybin can help depression.

For me, I went the psychedelic route first. LSD has helped me twice. It doesn't help me every time and I don't have a supplier any more.

I had two better days on the lex and two on the wellbrutin. My brain likes to reset to depression I guess!

Good luck to everyone…

• Hugs
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and Praestat_Mori
my_sundown

my_sundown

My Sundown.
Jan 17, 2023
I was on Lexipro once. Same results. Withdrawal was a but challenging, it will take a little time. Ween off.

I went to Prozac and it did wonders for anxiety, you just got to stick with it. I have other side effects but the anxiety is gone fwiw.

Best of luck happy to chat

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Prozac did help me for a few weeks then stopped working for me. But yes, different meds work for different people, so if one isn't working it's worth trying another.

For me, the prozac helped it be less bad, but less bad is still pretty bad if you see what I mean! Today is bearable though apart from the nausea. So for small mercies :)

ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I'm on Lexapro 10mg. Had maybe a month of bliss before the rot slowly crept back in. I wanted to join this site because I was feeling like absolute shit and the idea of CTB is so goddamn cathartic.

I'm starting Wellbutrin right now. Got a headache but at least I can keep awake during the afternoon. I'm hopeful.

It's a fucking addiction and doctors won't tell you that. Antidepressant withdrawl is a BITCH

Maybe I just want them to not work, quit and at least trip balls one more time. Maybe a good shrooms trip will fix me.

I second this, I personally wouldn't object to having a psychedelic trip but it's illegal where I live and I don't have the means, connection, or know-how to get such things without risking being arrested.

mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
wait a few months and see if it helps

i never experienced this but i'm also on the same meds

Reactions: LittleJem
The Eeyorish One

The Eeyorish One

Oct 9, 2022
I don't remember why Wellbutrin didn't work for me but I was only on it for like a month. Lexapro sucked for me as well, weight gain, increased appetite, no motivation etc. And even then it didn't do much for my depression. For one of my partners lexapro also seemed to affect memory pretty heavily. Neither of us had too much of an issue weaning off it. In my experience, I would definitely stay away from that one.

Currently I'm on fluoxetine (Prozac) I'm still unmotivated and fuzzy in the head but at least I don't wanna ctb all the time so idk. No idea if there's really a med out there that can fix it all but it's worth trying I think. Good luck!