P

planningmyexit

Oct 5, 2022
I think I'm just going to go back to using meth and drinking alcohol because I always had so much dopamine pumping in my brain it was hard to ever feel depressed now that I've been sober for 3 months I've been miserable as ever thinking about suicide more serious than I ever have before in my life at least when I was a drug user I was content with being alive.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Endex, onlyanimalsaregood and 3 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Have you made full use of the diversionary tools such as TV, movies, books, music, etc. Drugs are much more diversionary, but they tend to contribute to more severe longer term problems.

Both light weight and heavy duty diversions neglect the work of building something positive in life. Without such construction, one is vulnerable to the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".

If you can see even small steps in taking control of the direction of your life, you may be able to build a momentum such that you find rewards greater than the transient numbing of drugs.

• Love
Reactions: Capsaicin78, Cathy Ames, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
Meth is the worst for your neurobiology. 3 months is early recovery, I would keep it moving in that direction of healing because meth is just slow suicide to the brain.

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Cathy Ames
H

hush hush

Student
May 13, 2022
I think I'm just going to go back to using meth and drinking alcohol because I always had so much dopamine pumping in my brain it was hard to ever feel depressed now that I've been sober for 3 months I've been miserable as ever thinking about suicide more serious than I ever have before in my life at least when I was a drug user I was content with being alive.
Psychiatric drugs do exactly the same job. They do not "cure" any disease. They create altered brain states, but without the side effects of meth, cocaine or opium.
Source:
http://cepuk.org/unrecognised-facts/altered-mental-states/

http://cepuk.org/unrecognised-facts/myth-of-the-chemical-imbalance/

Reactions: Altvtysp, ConstantBattle and noaccount
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Last edited:
Reactions: hush hush
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Yeah no real difference between meth and adderall

It is true that you are still fairly 'early' in the withdrawal process and it may well take your body and brain more time to 'bounce back'

But do whatever you want and whatever makes life more bearable, no right or wrong answers for it, we're pro-choice and we're here listening <3

• Love
Reactions: ConstantBattle
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Yeah SSRIs ruined my whole life..
Btw concerning drugs I like "stroking the cat" and "chasing the dragon"
I wish I wasn't so old and stupid, so I could figure out what you ment, cat stroking, chasing dragons?😵

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex and Cathy Ames
P

planningmyexit

Oct 5, 2022
Meth is the worst for your neurobiology. 3 months is early recovery, I would keep it moving in that direction of healing because meth is just slow suicide to the brain.
Yeah your right I was just craving very hard last night I know I need to stay off it

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, Venus13 and Cathy Ames
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yeah your right I was just craving very hard last night I know I need to stay off it
Exactly, I agree. I know some people don't believe in medication and had bad experiences with it but if it's not your case you could try some or even something natural. For me the medication have been helping a lot.

Reactions: planningmyexit
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Meth is not categorically 'different than medication.'

Reactions: planningmyexit
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
am missing weed a lot - even though I am crazy on weed, without it life is just lonely and hopeless. Without weed I am going to become a pill-popping layabout - which is basically what I am in any case.

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Well, the perspective that your worries didn't seem like reality while intoxicated might reveal that they aren't as serious as you think. Doing drugs isn't good. I didn't think I'd have to say that, but I guess I do. Maybe it's more of a sign that you and a doctor could find a medication that could help you.

It takes a while to get a life together after drugs. The body has to adjust, including the emotional controls. The brain has to learn to navigate and regulate itself. Getting away from intoxication also means learning to face what was being hidden by the drugs. It's always a pain, but it can be worth it.

I mean, I guess this is a place that accepts suicide, so it's not like people wouldn't accept the individual right to do what they want. Still, if you're going to live, it only makes sense to try and live a good life and a healthy life. It's not just one day at a time. It's one moment at a time.

I hope you find peace.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I didn't think I'd have to say that, but I guess I do.
Good news: You actually don't have to say that. You can actually stop right now.

It's hilarious (and tragic!) that there are grown-ass adults who still believe that a doctor's script magically changes the nature of a drug.

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
Good news: You actually don't have to say that. You can actually stop right now.

It's hilarious (and tragic!) that there are grown-ass adults who still believe that a doctor's script magically changes the nature of a drug.
Well, rather harsh. I don't believe that a prescription changes the chemical nature of drugs, but the existence of greater research and the aid provided by having a medical establishment can be helpful. There is a difference between self-medicating and being under the supervision and advice of medical professionals.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Yes, and the difference is often that mal-informed, ideologically-driven, careless and/or money hungry doctors will advise you to ignore the signs you get from your own body, surveil you, gatekeep your access, and sometimes force you into involuntary medication.

Of course people on a pro-choice site respect people's decisions around self-medication, this should not be surprising.

Reactions: LittleJem